Part 13

it was YOU all along...

A couple more weeks had pass. With Seung Ho’s popularity, he used everyone he could to find out who Ji Yeon was dating. But it was no use. No one was able to find out. He broke up with So Hee and she knew it was because of Ji Yeon too. She was mad but wasn’t able to do anything to Ji Yeon because she was threatened by Seung Ho. She was also afraid of Ji Yeon too. Not knowing who Ji Yeon was dating was bothering Seung Ho so much he couldn’t sleep. There was only one thing left for him to do. Spy on her…

It was 11 p.m. Ji Yeon left her house and took a taxi. Seung Ho began to follow her silently in his car. It took twenty minutes. Then, Seung Ho saw Ji Yeon get off at a park. He parked his car away from her view and got out of his car. He snuck up to a bush nearby and watched her. Then he saw her run up to a strange guy he has never seen before.

*I wonder who he is.* Then Seung Ho began to analyze Ji Yeon.

Figured she wouldn’t dress up. Not even for a date.

“Miss Tomboy.”

“Myung Soo honey!” Ji Yeon ran up to hug her boyfriend.

“I miss you. I also have something to tell you.”

“I miss you too.” Myung Soo held her. He tried to her hair but like always, it was tucked inside that stupid baseball cap. Ji Yeon looked at him. He didn’t seem to happy to see her.

“Is something wrong?” she asked. Myung Soo nodded and told her to sit down. He held both of her hands.

“Is there something you want to say Ji Yeon?”

“You go first Myung Soo.”

“It’s us. I don’t think it’s working out.”

“Why?”

“Well… We’re not compatible.”

“What do you mean? We like the same things.” Myung Soo gave an exasperated sigh.

“We like the same things that guy buddies should like. Not like couples. I thought I’d get over it but you’re really not attractive.”

“What?!” she asked in surprise.

“I mean look at you Ji Yeon. I mean sure you’re pretty, I think. But I can’t tell it from your hat covering half your face. I don’t even know how long your hair is! And you dress like a guy!” and he continued listing her bad qualities….

Seung Ho looked at Ji Yeon from where he was sitting. He could tell she was trying her best not to cry. Her feelings weren’t hurt but her pride was.

*Myung Soo… Hmm… He looks and sounds familiar…* He thought. Seung Ho chewed on his lip for a while and then it hit him.

*He’s that stupid kid that locked me in the refrigerator!* Seung Ho felt anger rose inside him as he looked at Myung Soo. As he was listening, he began to realize Myung Soo was putting Ji Yeon down as he was breaking up with her.

*Don’t you dare hurt Ji Yeon like that.* Seung Ho came out from where he hide.

---> to be continued...