Part 12

it was YOU all along...

Seung Ho waited for Ji Yeon after school but didn’t see her so he decided to drop by her house. She wasn’t home but her grandpa was.

“Seung Ho! Long time no see! Come in.”

“Hi Grandpa Park. Is Ji Yeon home?”

“No. She told me she’s going out with her boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? Who is he?”

Grandpa Park gave him a little smile.

“Seung Ho. You’re old now. Don’t tease an old man. You and Ji Yeon still pretend to hate each other while you both know that you both have a burning attraction.”

“Attraction?! Hell NO!” Grandpa Park just smiled.

“Okay I’ll just play along. She’ll be home later. The sooner you meet up with her the sooner you’ll see her.”

Seung Ho smiled and shook his head. Grandpa Park always wanted him and Ji Yeon to be together.

“Okay. Good bye Grandpa Park.”

“Bye Seung Ho.”

[8 hours later…]

Seung Ho banged on the Park’s front door. Grandpa Park answered it.

“Is Ji Yeon home?” Grandpa Park yawned.

“No. Where is she?”

“I don’t know! I wasn’t with her.”

“It’s okay Seung Ho. She’s a big girl now. She can take care of herself.”

“It’s late. It’s past midnight right now. Aren’t you worried? What kind of grandfather are you?”

“Ji Yeon’s been out this late for the past two months. Why are you so worried?” Seung Ho blushed.

“I’m not worried.” Grandpa Park yawned some more.

“You can wait here if you want.”

“No. I”ll go out and look for her,” said Seung Ho. Then he left.

Seung Ho began to walk down the street. He sat on the curb and waited. Ten minutes later he saw Ji Yeon walking up the path with a dreamy look on her face. He was so happy to see her but he was also very mad. He ran up to her.

“What is wrong with you? What is a girl like you doing out so late on a school night?” Ji Yeon looked at him surprised.

“None of your business.” Then she began walking home. He followed her. Seung Ho knew he couldn’t ask but the thought of Ji Yeon with another guy was tearing at him inside.

“Well your grandpa was worried.”

“I can take care of myself.” They made it home together in silence. Ji Yeon came home and closed the door. Seung Ho watched her go in and saw the door as a sign.

*She has shut me out of her life forever.*

---> to be continued...