Part 23

it was YOU all along...

Seung Ho leaned over his bedroom window. He saw Ji Yeon changing clothes. Just then, she glanced over and saw Seung Ho watching her. She threw a shirt at him.

"What do you think you're doing you Peeping Tom?" He blocked her shirt.

"Can you come over?" Ji Yeon looked at him.

*He looks so sad.* She nodded.

"Okay."

Seung Ho pulled her across from her house and into his room. She sat down and started to look around. She had never been in Seung Ho's room before but he was always in hers.

"Well what do you want to talk about?" Seung Ho looked at her with sad eyes.

"Umm... Is it true you're going to the U.S. in two days?"

"Oh you heard about it already?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why do you care anyway?" Seung Ho got mad.

"Why do you always assume that if there's something involving you that I don't care?" Seung Ho started to confront her as she backed up into a corner. She was shocked. She had never seen Seung Ho this mad before.

"Because you never seemed to care before." Seung Ho grabbed her wrists and held them up.

"Well you know what? I DO care." He began to let her go.

"It's just that you don't care about me enough to realize it." He sat down on his bed.

Ji Yeon sat down next to him.

"Seung Ho... What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Please tell me." Seung Ho looked at Ji Yeon. His mind kept telling him that this will be the last time he will ever see her.

*It's now or never*' Seung Ho took a deep breath and told her exactly how he felt.

"I love you."

Ji Yeon stood up in shock.

"What?!" Seung Ho stood up with her.

"I love you." Ji Yeon couldn't believe her ears.

"Wait... Do you know what you're saying?" He nodded his head.

"Yes and I do mean it. I love you Park Ji Yeon." She moved away from him.

"Do you know what you're saying? I'm going to leave Korea in just two more days with Myung Soo. I'm planning to be with him forever." Seung Ho nodded his head sadly.

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." Ji Yeon sighed in relief.

 

"It's okay." But then it hit Seung Ho.

"NO!" Ji Yeon looked at him surprised.

"What do you mean 'No'"? He looked at her directly.

"Why should I be sorry for saying that I love you? It's the truth!"

Ji Yeon backed up again and then she began to cry. Seung Ho tried to move nearer to her to comfort her but she pushed him away.

"No! After all this time you say that you love me?" He looked at her sadly. Ji Yeon looked at him through her tears.

"I'm sorry Seung Ho. I want to be with the one I love." Seung Ho looked back at her.

"But do you really love him?" She paused. She thought about it and couldn't find the answer herself. So she didn't answer and looked away. Sung Hoon thought that was the answer.

"It's okay because if I do truly love you then all I can wish for is for you to be happy." He leaned over to hold her shoulders and kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodbye."

Ji Yeon looked at him as he walked away.

"Seung Ho... Wait."

He felt hope rushing through him.

 

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if I take something of yours as a memory?" That flicker of hope instantly died. He bowed his head down.

"Go ahead. Take anything you want." Then he left his room and Ji Yeon left too. Seung Ho didn't know it but his journal was gone.

---> to be continued...

----------------------------------------------

Next chap will be the last! I will update that later so please wait..