Part 19

it was YOU all along...

The next two weeks went by fast. Seung Ho acted like the perfect boyfriend. He treated her nice and was always there by her side with flowers. Her parents like him a lot. Before Seung Ho knew it, his dating charade with Ji Yeon was over and so was school. Her parents stayed until their graduation and then afterwards they took a plane back to the U.S. Then entire graduated class decided to go on a campout because it will be the last time they will see each other since everyone is going their separate way to college.

[The Camping Trip]

Everyone was sitting around the campfire and talking. So Hee had sat herself between Seung Ho and Ji Yeon. Myung Soo was watching Ji Yeon the whole time. Min Ho was telling a scary story about a psychotic killer in the woods.

“He goes around chopping off peoples’ heads and he especially likes girls. Heh heh…” Ki Bum threw a stick at him. 

“That’s a stupid story Min Ho-ee.” Si Yoon threw in more wood into the fire.

“But I heard it’s true though.” Tae Min widened his eyes.

“For real?” Seung Ho laughed.

“Oh come on. It’s a bunch of bull. Even if it is for real, he’ll just be after the girls.

”He gave Ji Yeon a supposedly scary face but it turned out so goofy she ended up laughing. So Hee grabbed onto Seung Ho though.

“Seung Ho honey! I’m scared. Hold me.” Seung Ho was taken by surprise. He tried to pry So Hee off him but she held on tight. Ji Yeon glared at them both.

*That Casanova. Just because everytime he smiles his eyes would light up and his hair is so soft he thinks he’s...* Ji Yeon stopped herself.

*What am I thinking? It sounds like I want him or something.* She stood up.

“Excuse me but I think I’ll got to go off for a walk.” Then she left.

Myung Soo stood up too.

“I think I’ll take a walk too.” That alarmed Seung Ho.

*He is not going to take a walk with my Ji Yeon.* He ended up having to force So Hee off of him and ran to where he saw Ji Yeon disappeared. So Hee was mad.

“Yoo Seung Ho, you come back here!” Everyone at the campfire started giggling.

[Somewhere in the woods]

Ji Yeon looked around her.

*It figures. Seung Ho wouldn’t come after me,* she thought sadly.

*I mean why would he?* Then she heard a voice.

“Ji Yeon!” She smiled and turned around. It was only Myung Soo. Her face fell.

“Oh hi Myung Soo.”

He sat down on a rock next to her.

“Aren’t you going to come back to take Seung Ho away from the So Hee girl?” She shook her head.

“No… I guess they’re mean to be together.” Myung Soo looked at her.

“Kind of like you and me?” Ji Yeon scooted herself away as her eyes widened.

“Uh, Myung Soo. It’s over between us.” Myung Soo grabbed her hands.

“But you can give me a second chance!” She pulled her hands away.  Then Myung Soo asked her, “Remember what you told me what you wished for a long time ago?

“What?”

“You said you wanted to find your first true love and be with him forever.” Ji Yeon stood still. She did say that. Myung Soo was her first love. But then she thought of Seung Ho. Or is it Seung Ho?

“I don’t know!” she yelled as she took off running. Myung Soo smiled.

She’s coming back to me.*

---> to be continued...