Part 15

it was YOU all along...

Ji Yeon sat down on the bench.*‘God… I hope she’s not gonna cry,* prayed Seung Ho as he sat down next to her.

“Go ahead and laugh.”

“Huh?”

“I know you want to. Now is the perfect time to make fun of me.” Seung Ho wanted so bad to put his arms around her and let her cry on his shoulders.

“Naww… Not in the mood tonight. I’ll save it for some other time.” Then suddenly Ji Yeon began to cry.

“You’re not crying over that jerk are you?”

“Why do you care?” she yelled at him.

“I… I don’t care except I think you’re wasting your tears.” Seung Ho felt his heart breaking as he saw Ji Yeon cry.

*He’s not worth it,* he thought but he kept those words to himself.

*She’ll never cry over me.*

“No. I’m not crying over him.”

“Yeah right.”

“No really. I’m not.”

“Then why are you crying?” Seung Ho felt a bubble of hope rise inside him. Ji Yeon let out a sigh.

“My parents are going to come visit me tomorrow and they want to meet my boyfriend.” Seung Ho looked at her.

“So… What are you gonna do now that Mr. Wonderful is gone?”

“I don’t know. Gosh I’m such a loser.” Seung Ho let out a fake sigh.

“Well… I can pretend that I’m your boyfriend.” Ji Yeon looked at him surprised.

“You’ll help me?”

*Maybe Seung Ho isn’t so bad after all. I guess he can be really sweet sometimes.* Just looking into Ji Yeon’s big warm brown eyes made him want to tell her all about his feelings. But he couldn’t.

“Yeah. It’s Be Kind To Geek Week.” Ji Yeon stood up.

“I don’t need your help you conceited snob! I’ll just ask Si Yoon!” Then he ran off.

“Damn!” Seung Ho cursed himself. “Why did I have to say that?” he asked himself. But he received no answer.

---> to be continued...