Part 16

it was YOU all along...

~Ding dong~

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"Ji Yeon!"

Ji Yeon hugged her parents as they came inside the house.

"We miss you so much."

"I miss you too." Then Grandpa Park came out and they all had tea while they talked. After a while the subject of her boyfriend came up. Her mother asked her,

"So Ji Yeon dear, where is that boyfriend you have always been talking about?"

"Uh..."

Ji Yeon glanced at the clock. It was 7:30.

*Damn Si Yoon is half an hour late! Si Yoon, why aren't you here yet?* It seemed to be an answer because just then the front door bell rang. She jumped up and ran for the door.

"I'll get it! It must be him." She opened the door.

"I'm so glad you're here!" but she was cut off by her scream. It was not Si Yoon but that thing - Yoo Seung Ho. He was holding flowers and he leaned over to hug her.

"I miss you too honey!" he said really loud for everyone to hear. Ji Yeon blocked the door but he made it inside her house anyways.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Park. Hello Grandpa Park. I've heard so much about you from Ji Yeon. My name is Yoo Seung Ho." He shook hands with all of Ji Yeon's parents. The parents nodded their heads in approval. The grandpa just smiled. He knew what was going on. He didn't say anything because his wish for Ji Yeon to be with Seung Ho is going to come true.

"So you must be the boyfriend Ji Yeon is always talking about."

"I think so. Ji Yeon is the best thing that ever happened to me. I can see that she got all her good qualities from her family." Ji Yeon rolled her eyes while she listened to Seung Ho's political speech.

*He must be the world's best liar!*

But her parents were pleased. They like Seung Ho.

But then her mother asked, "Do you know the young boy who lives next door?"

*Oh no,* thought Ji Yeon. Seung Ho raised an eyebrow.

"Umm... Kinda. Why Mrs. Park?"

"Ji Yeon mentions that boy too. She said he was an annoying pest but we haven't gotten the chance to meet him yet. So I just want to see if you know him too."

*Annoying pest?* he thought.

*I'll let that one slide.*

"I do know him Mrs. Park but he's not an annoying pest. It's just that a long time ago... Ji Yeon wanted to date him but she could NOT so she has a grudge against him." Ji Yeon opened but quickly shut it. She needed Seung Ho's help so she couldn't say anything.

Her mother asked, "Is that true dear?"

Ji Yeon gritted her teeth.

"Yes it is mommy." Seung Ho smiled. They sat down and talked. Hours past and it was getting late and he had to go home.

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Park. Good night."

"Good night Seung Ho."

"I'll walk him home," said Ji Yeon.

---> to be continued...