Part 20

it was YOU all along...

As Myung Soo walked back to camp he heard a voice calling for Ji Yeon. He recognized Seung Ho’s voice. In the middle of the road Myung Soo looked down. He saw a huge hole that was about ten feet deep. Myung Soo gave an evil smile. He had a plan. He began to rustle the leaves near the hole.

Seung Ho heard a noise.

*Is it Ji Yeon?*

“Ji Yeon is that you?” No answer.

"Come out come out wherever you are.” The leaves continue to rustle.

*What if she’s hurt and couldn’t answer?* Seung Ho started to walk towards the noise and ended up falling into the trap. It was so cold and dark in there. Seung Ho began to panic.

“Help!” Myung Soo came out from where he was hiding.

“Hey Seung Ho. Looking for something?” Seung Ho looked up and saw Myung Soo’s face.

“Damn you Kim Myung Soo! Get me out!” Myung Soo just smiled.

“This all seems so familiar. You know, it took me a while but then I remembered. Didn’t I do this to you before ten years ago?” Seung Ho started to tremble. Because of what Myung Soo did to him, he had a fear of the dark and being trapped alone. But he wasn’t going to show it. Seung Ho glared at Myung Soo.

“So what? I don’t give a damn. Just get me out!” Myung Soo laughed.

“I guess history repeats itself when you mess with me or anything of mine. This time I mean Ji Yeon. She is my girlfriend and I want you out of the way. And I guess this solves my problem.”

“Ji Yeon don’t like you! She’s with me.”

“Oh really? Didn’t seem like it when your ex held you like that. I guess you can’t let go of your first love and I think you know that I’m Ji Yeon’s first. She’ll come back to me.” Seung Ho sat down on the cold ground. Ji Yeon did say that before.

*Is she going to go back to him?* As he was thinking, Myung Soo left. Seung Ho looked up.

“Hey!” His worst nightmare had came back and this time Ji Yeon was not there to save him. He was stuck here all alone in the dark.

“Ji Yeon… Where are you?”

After a while Ji Yeon headed back to camp. She took out her flashlight to shine her way back on the main path.

[Down in the pit]

Seung Ho looked up and saw a beam of light. He stood up.

“Help!” Ji Yeon looked around.

*Was someone calling for help?*

“Hello? Is someone out there?”

“HELP!” Ji Yeon ran to where the voice came from. She saw Seung Ho jumping up and down in a hole.

“Seung Ho! What are you doing down there?”

“I fell in. Help me out!”

“Okay.” She placed her flashlight on the ground. Then she reached over and tried to pull Seung Ho up but he was too heavy for her.

“I can’t”

“What do you mean you can’t? Use those puny muscles you have!”

“You’re too heavy! Let me go back to camp for help.”

“Hell no! What if you leave me here?”

“What? I’m not like that!”

“How do I know?”

“Seung Ho. Let go!”

“No!”

Seung Ho ended up pulling Ji Yeon into the pit with him. She landed on top of him. She got up and started yelling at him.

“You selfish jerk! Now we’re both stuck down here!” Seung Ho backed up against the wall. Then he started yelling.

“Damn! Not again! Why me? Why does it have to be so dark?” Ji Yeon looked at him.

“You’re afraid of the dark?”

“Yeah! You got a problem?” Ji Yeon looked at him surprised.

“No.” She started to look at the real Yoo Seung Ho for the first time in a long time. The smart-aleck tough guy was gone. And there he was. The innocent and vulnerable Seung Ho she first fell in love with when she was eight. But she still hasn’t realized it yet….

---> to be continued...