Honest Feeling

DaraExo Full House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was getting ready to leave the hospital with her brother. She packed up her bag and organized the bed.

"Noona, are you sure you're going to be alright?" Chundoong asked. He was helping Dara from the side.

"You heard the doctor. It's only a minor headache." Dara smiled. "Besides, I'm feeling better!"

"Still. I'm worried." Chundoong said.

Suddenly, Chundoong's phone rang and he glanced at the caller. It was from the drama producer.

"I'm sorry noona. I'll be back."

"Take your time."

Chundoong picked up the phone and left the room. Dara continued to pack her bag, but was interrupted by a knock. Chundoong wouldn't knock on the door, so she turned around. A male was standing at the door. He was wearing a blue and white striped shirt with black jeans, holding a single rose in his hand. He was wearing a mask, so Dara didn't know who it was.

"Am I too late?" The male asked as he took off the mask, and smiled at Dara.

"Xiumin-ssi?" Dara was surprised when she saw the EXO member. She didn't expected for him to visit her, since he was busy with his schedule.

"I stopped on the way to pick this up." Xiumin said as he gave the rose to Dara. "It's a small gift to celebrate your release."

Dara chuckled and took the teddy bear from the EXO member. Xiumin smiled and shyly scratched the back of his head.

"Thank you."

"I'm glad you like it."

Just then, Chundoong came back to the room.

"I'm sorry noona, but I have to go..."

"Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim." Xiumin bowed politely to Chundoong.

Even though Xiumin and Chundoong were in the same age, Chundoong was still an idol sunbae to EXO because of his debut year. EXO didn't even debut when MBLAQ was promoting.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Chundoong awkwardly greeted the EXO member with a polite bow as well.

"Was it the drama producer?" Dara asked.

"Yeah. He said he want to start shooting the drama again." Chundoong sighed. 

"Aren't you on a break?" Dara asked.

"I' was but he suddenly had the inspiration to shoot again and wanted everyone back in Tongyoung."

"That's so far." Dara said.

"I'm sorry." Chundoong sighed and gave a light tap on Dara's shoulder.

"Don't worry about me." Dara smiled.

"I will drop you off at the house before heading out to Tongyoung."

Xiumin noticed the disappointment in the two siblings. The two of them was looking forward to spending time and to catch up with their sibling activities, but were busy with an individual schedule.

"Sunbaenim, I can drop her off." Xiumin suggested. "I think Tongyoung is the opposite direction of the house."

"Will you do that?" Chundoong asked.

"Of course." Xiumin answered with a nod. "We're neighborhoods, so we can help each other."

Chundoong glanced at Dara and the older nodded her head.

"I can go with Xiumin-ssi."

"Thanks." Chundoong said and patted Xiumin on the shoulder before leaving, and turned to Dara. "Noona, I will call you once I'm in Tongyoung."

Dara nodded and Chundoong left the hospital. Dara felt bad for Chundoong. He was always so busy that it's difficult to see him. She was planning to do a lot of fun activities with her brother during the break, but he didn't have time.

"Should we leave?" Xiumin asked.

"Yeah." Dara said and picked up her bag, but Xiumin took the bag from her.

"I will carry this for you." Xiumin said.

"Thank you, but I can do it myself."

Dara tried to take the bag from him, but Xiumin gently pushed her toward the door.

"I'm not going to let a fragile lady take her bag."  Xiumin stated. "I'll be your luggage man today, so let me do all the work today."

Dara couldn't reject his generous offer. She doesn't feel comfortable having another person carry her bags, so she would always do them by herself. She was a stubborn person and so was Xiumin.

"It's just that I think you feel uncomfortable carrying my things, and you're only doing this because you want to be nice and every-"

Xiumin placed his index finger on Dara's lips to keep her quiet and her eyes widened in surprise.

"That's not the reason. I'm doing this because I want to." Xiumin smiled. "But if you feel sorry then you can treat me out for lunch." Xiumin said and Dara nodded her head. At least it's what she can do to appreciate his kindness.

"Great." Xiumin said. "I'm going to eat something expensive."

"Wait, not too expensive because I might not have enough money."

"No way!" Xiumin stated as the two of them leave the hospital together. "I want an expensive 5-star quality premium steak."

"Huh?" Dara was surprised because she doesn't have that much money. Besides, she never tried the premium steak herself. The reason why she loves pork and chicken is because they cost less.

Xiumin was already humming a song about a steak. Dara was hesitant, but  he stopped by the hospital just to see her even though he was busy with EXO schedule. It's at least what she can do as a thank you.

~~~~~

To Dara's relief, Xiumin didn't take her to a premium steakhouse. Instead, they went to a nice brunch cafe not too far from their house. Dara didn't even notice that a brunch cafe existed in their area. It made sense because Dara is usually indoor and she rarely goes out, unless it's a schedule. It was a modern cafe. Everything was a black floor with black chairs and tables, and a white bricked wall. There were different arts hung on the wall and on one side was a barista bar. It was clean and simple. Dara and Xiumin sat next to the window.

They order two sandwiches, pasta, black coffee and strawberry lemonade. The price was decent and the food was great as well. They were hungry, so the table was silent. 

"Have you been here before?" Xiumin asked.

"It's my first time here." Dara answered as she wipe the corner of her lips with a napkin.

"Really? It's very close to our house."

"I rarely leave the house." Dara said as she drank the strawberry lemonade." What about you?"

"I like being indoors as well, but when there is a nice place to eat, I visit them." Xiumin answered.

"With your members? Or by yourself?"

"Well, I guess it depends on that day." Xiumin answered and took a bite of the sandwich. 

Dara nodded her head. Xiumin smiled and gazed at Dara with hand on his chin. He was literally gazing into her eyes without any words that was soft. Dara coughed and glanced around the cafe. It was awkward and she didn't know why Xiumin was suddenly looking at her with such love in his eyes.

"T-this is a nice place." Dara said avoiding eyes with Xiumin.

"It sure is." Xiumin chuckled when he noticed Dara's reddened cheek, and she fanned herself.

Xiumin sipped his coffee and stared outside the window. He was tapping his finger on the table and humming to himself. Dara was finally able to let out a sigh of relief when Xiumin didn't glance at her. 

Dara reached out for the pasta in front of Xiumin, but she couldn't take the pasta on her plate because it kept slippi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter