Beach Day II

DaraExo Full House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dinner was full of chatting and the boys trying to impress Dara with their special talents by singing to her or just doing some impersonation of a celebrity, and everyone had fun. Chen was singing for Dara because she loved his voice and was on a singing marathon of all the love songs that Chen knows. There was a point when Suho stopped him because it was getting just too much. Suho and Chen bickered over it at the end, while everyone else was cleaning up the plates. It wasn't too dark yet, and Dara thought that it will be nice to have a stroll at the beach to digest, and well, it was a beautiful sight.

"Sunbaenim, do you want to go for a walk?" Xiumin came over to Dara and offered his hand. "You know, it's going to get wild once everyone finish cleaning up. They probably would fight over you to get your attention." Xiumin smiled and glanced at the boys who were still at their moment of cleaning the place.

"You know what, I think that's a great idea." Dara said and Xiumin held to Dara's hand and the two of them started to slip away from the rest of the members.

The stroll along the beach was quite peaceful and calm. The wave was dancing around the horizon, creating the serene sound of the beach, and the seagull were flying over the sky. Xiumin and Dara walked side by side in silence, as both of them enjoyed the moment.

"It's really quiet, huh?" Dara asked, trying to strike the conversation with Exo member next to her. 

"Yeah, but I like it." Xiumin answered. "Sometime, I like to be alone in a quiet place and I think the beach is perfect."

"I agree with you. I enjoy solitude at times, especially where there are a lot of things going in your mind." Dara said, looking at the distant from the beach.

"Noona, do you feel lonely?" Xiumin asked.

"Sometimes. I never knew how it feels like to be lonely, since I was always with my girls..." Dara smiled a little as she thought about her members. "I don't see them often and it's always so quiet around the house. I didn't even feel this feeling of emptiness, but it's slowly coming as reality for me." Dara said. "That is why I asked my brother to move in to the house with me. We understand because we went through similar process of you know, not having the members around you anymore." Dara smiled and glanced at Xiumin.

The Exo member didn't say anything and was listening to her, with his eyes gazed at her with a light smile. He even look handsome under the blurry sky and from the shinning ocean behind him. 

"But even though I moved in with my brother, I still feel empty because he's not around all the time. He's shooting a drama in Korea and Philippines and busy getting ready for his new solo album." Dara said and looked out at the horizon behind her with a chilly sea breeze.

"You don't want solo album?" Xiumin asked and he was a bit hesitant, but a light smile appeared at the corner of Dara's lips.

"I do want to make the solo album, but I'm not sure if I can." Dara said and turned around, facing the beach behind her. "I'm not confident enough and well, scared. I'm used to being on stage with my members, so I don't think I have the guts to even stand on the stage alone. I know that 2ne1 is not that popular anymore and I don't know, maybe forgotten to some people, since there are always new girl group debuting every year." Dara turned around and glanced at Xiumin with a bittersweet smile. "I'm sorry, I think I was getting emotional thinking about the past. Aigoo, I must be getting old, hahaha." Dara said.

"You're not forgotten, noona. I know there are still fans that are waiting for you. I understand because when some of the members left, I was confused, scared and well, angry. I had all these mixed emotion and even I was scared that some people might forget about us. I didn't say anything to my members because since I'm the oldest in the group, I didn't want to show the weaker side of me. I didn't want my members to be upset with me, so I pretend to stay strong in front of them and smiled, comforting some members who were crying." Xiumin said and glanced at Dara. "Noona, there are some fans who are waiting for you and well... I'm one of them." Xiumin blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm sure that's how my members feel too. I mean, look at Chanyeol for example. He had crush on you since debut and is still supporting you, so I think I kind of understand him and why he's so head over heels over you." Xiumin stated.

Dara was touched by the younger's statement. Even though Xiumin was younger than her, he was still mature and that made sense to her because Xiumin was the oldest one from Exo. Xiumin noticed that Dara was quiet and felt if he had said something wrong to her.

"Noona, I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, but if you took it that way then I sincerely apologize." Xiumin said, but Dara shook her head.

"Not at all. I just... I just don't know what to say because I didn't hear encouraging word in a long time, so I just didn't know. I'm not angry, so don't get any wrong idea." Dara said. However, at the moment, a strong wind from the ocean blew, sending the feeling of immence coldness in Dara that she felt her body shivering from the cold and her hair was blowing toward her, nearly covering her face.

"I think we should head back, since the wind is getting stronger." Xiumin said and took off the jacket that he was wearing and put it around Dara's shoulder. He wrapped his arms around Dara and pulled her small body close to him, to get her out of cold. "Hopefully, this will keep you warm for a while." Xiumin smiled at her.

"T-thanks." Dara said with a light blush when Xiumin smiled, there distance close to each other. The two of them started walking, but Dara suddenly stopped in her place and glanced on her feet.

"Noona, what's wrong?" Xiumin asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter