D-Day

Music of the Past [The New Composer Season II]

It was D-Day. 

After spending months of composing countless of songs for Taemin's next album, Milan was relieved. She loved spending time with Taemin. Who wouldn't? But the stress over the months almost won her over. Aside from the songs, she had to look over the music video production. She would've ended up in the hospital for sure, if Ynna wasn't stubborn enough to make her rest every Sunday. Milan also saw how much the younger idols were supporting Taemin. She even got a hi from Jeno and Jaemin. Jaemin even helped her with her luggage during a day of composing. 

Anyways, that wasn't really important. 

During the morning of that important day, Milan and Taemin went to a meeting with SM's current CEO. After that, they went to the venue, a building owned by MBC. It only costed a few million won that Taemin could get back after the album was released. The manager talked to Taemin about what he should say and reviewed him of the schedule Taemin was going to face for a few weeks. While, Milan, she confirmed the attendance of the MC, which was NCT's Johnny. She also checked if there would be any technical difficulties. Seriously, she could've just sat down and relaxed but she couldn't. It was Taemin's showcase. She'll do everything just to show Taemin's full potential to the world. 

"Do you want a drink?" Taemin raised a bottle of water," Sorry, this is all I have."

"It's more than enough if it's from you," Milan smiled at him before taking the bottle in her hands," I'm glad you picked that song."

"I'm glad you're working with me. It's rare for an idol to work with such a young composer after all," Taemin snickered.

"It's rare for a fangirl to work with her ultimate bias," Milan corrected him," I'm happy I took this offer."

"What'll happen to the songs that weren't included to the album though?" He asked. 

"Oh, Mr CEO said he'll include them in NCT's album. Taeil-oppa is just going to tweak them a bit to match the style of the group."

"I'm glad," Taemin exhaled in relief," I thought your efforts were wasted."

"Nah, I'll never have that," Milan laughed," It'll all be over tonight huh."

"I suppose something new's going to bother you for now," Taemin stepped closer to her and held the ring on her neck," I'm glad you reached that decision. You avoided him these weeks, right?"

"Yeah," Milan scratched the back of her neck," I must've made him suffer a bit too much. Baekhyun-oppa said that he had been moping for a while. He doesn't like accepting any schedules while I'm ignoring him."

"You're lowkey making SM bankrupt with that!" Taemin laughed," You're such a cruel woman. But I've known that since I've known you."

"I am easy to read after all. I think Chanyeol-oppa's just that dense," Milan chuckled," I think I'll regret this decision later on."

"If there's a person who's regretting, it should be Chanyeol. He's been liking you for all these years, he wasted his youth," Taemin said. Milan jokingly punched Taemin's shoulder. 

"Yeah, I think that's quite true. Anyways, shoo, practice," she pushed him away," I'm a call away if you need me."

"Thanks for everything, Milan. Did you already tell your sister or Ynna about this though?"

"Yeah," Milan showed a soft smile," They support me wholeheartedly. They thought this will never happen. Milan de Vega is finally going to have a boyfriend."

"I'm proud of you, as your first husband, I've waited for this," Taemin joked before leaving her behind. 

"Yeah," Milan whispered," Thanks, Lee Taemin, for showing me this beautiful world."

 

"What? You're chickening out?" Sehun scoffed when he saw Chanyeol burrying himself under a lot of blankets," That is uncool, hyung."

"What if it is? She doesn't like me. I'm sure she'll reject me," Chanyeol sobbed. Sehun sighed before forcefully pulling all the blankets off the older.

"At least you'll know for sure. You'll regret if you don't ask for her answer now," Sehun said as he crossed his arms," She might like you, you know. But you're such a chicken to back out like this."

"Call me whatever you want. I admit I'm scared. I don't want to lose our friendship," Chanyeol said as he covered his head with his pillow. 

"You already put that at stake when you proposed to her, hyung. It's too late to back out now," Sehun said without hesitations. "We only have hours before Taemin-hyung's showcase. If you don't want to dress up as early as now, I don't know. I'm going to leave now. I have to visit the salon to have my make-up done."

After Sehun left, Chanyeol peeked around the room. He relaxed his body flat on the bed, staring at the ceiling above him. He closed his eyes and imagined how Milan might reject him. She'll surely tell him to forget about his feelings again. Why didn't he stop himself? She might cut ties with him. What happened to the overly confident Park Chanyeol anyway? One girl made him this insecure. He opened his eyes before turning to his side. He remembered when he and Milan would be on his bed, playing his guitar. He remembered how slowly he fell in love with him. It was such a sweet ride but tonight, it might all end. 

"This is worse than the time EXO had a temporary line up."

 

"Have you seen Milan?" Chanyeol approached Bambam as soon as he arrived at the venue. Bambam shook his head before smiling. 

"I think she's at the backstage. She's arranging a lot of things, you know, since this'll have a live broadcast and all of that. She seems like she's the one having the showcase," Bambam laughed," I won't meet up with her until this is all over. Aside from that, my girlfriend's already inside. She's a Shawol like Milan."

"I guess there's no helping it," Chanyeol sighed. 

"Spend time with your members for now. You'll have Milan all to yourself, I promise you," Bambam winked before going into the venue.