Explaination

Don't Go [SEQUEL]

Mirae's POV

     "Good job, Mirae. Your design was chosen as 1st place." said Mr Lee congratulating me proudly. "Thank you, Mr Lee." I said with a wide smile. I couldn't believe it. My work got 1st place! I must tell Jaehyun about this. He should share this moment as well. I can't wait to tell him later! I then took out my phone and texted Jaehyun to meet me during break later on. I smiled as I sent the text.

     "Hey, what's up?" Jaehyun greeted when he got to me. "Guess what? My work got first place!" I said breaking the news to him excitedly. "Really?! Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!" he said as he patted my back happily. "Well, it's also because you helped me to come up with the idea. So yeah, gomawo chingu~" I cooed as I tiptoed and pulled him into a hug. When I released him, I noticed his face was beetroot red. "A-ani. I told you I just helped with a small portion of it." he said as he rubbed his nape in embarassment and I just giggled at his actions.

     "You haven't had lunch, have you? Come on, my treat." I said with a beam. Jaehyun opened his mouth probably to refuse but I quickly added. "Ah, no excuses." I said sticking my tongue out. Jaehyun then complied with a chuckle. So we walked to the cafeteria together. "Here's yours and here's mine." I said as I placed his food and mine on the table. "Thanks." said Jaehyun as he took a bite out of his burger. 

     "Where's your other friends?" he asked after a while. "Oh, Serri and Myungsoo? They said they're going out for lunch. I thought i'd let them have some alone time so I decided not to follow-" "And then you texted me to meet up during lunch." Jaehyun added quickly with a chuckle. "Yeah but that was before Serri told me ok? I didn't texted you because I needed a friend." I narrowed my eyes and then pouted as I continued eating. "Ok, pouty." Jaehyun chuckled as he ruffled my bangs. My heart beated fast when he did that but I just brushed it off and continued eating.

     After we finished eating, we took a walk at the garden. We then took a seat at a nearby bench. "Ah, I'm still hungry." said Jaehyun while rubbing his stomach. "Mwo? You're still hungry despite having eaten a big burger?" I said with widened eyes. "Yeah, well... I wasn't really hungry at that moment." he said rubbing his nape awkwardly. "Yeah right." I scoffed. I knew he was being considerate during lunch just now and ordered only a burger since it was one of the cheapest food in the cafeteria because I was paying. *This idiot.* I chuckled at my thought. 

     "What's so funny?" he asked while looking confused. "Nothing. Ya, why didn't you ordered a larger meal since you were really hungry huh? You know I didn't mind paying a little more." I said as I narrowed my eyes playfully. "Aha.. You knew about that huh..?" he said awkwardly and rubbed his nape again. He really has a habit of rubbing his nape when he's awkward or embarassed huh? "Yeah, well I know guys always have a big appetite." I added with a chuckle. "Well, how are you so sure about that? You know someone who has a really big appetite?" he asked. "Yeah, well-" I stopped mid-sentence when I realised I was actually referring to Luhan. "Well..?" Jaehyun said urging me to continue. "Well.. I just watch alot of dramas where the guys always had a big appetite and would eat 2 to 3 servings by himself." I lied while hoping Jaehyun wouldn't notice. He didn't say anything but just let out a chuckle.

     Soon enough the bell rang and we went to our respective classes. I was walking along the corridoor in a daze as what I said just now replayed in my mind. *I almost talked about Luhan to Jaehyun just now...* I thought. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked forward only to abruptly stop on my track when I saw Luhan walking the opposite direction of me. He looked up from his phone and was surprised to see me as he stopped walking as well. We had eye contact for a few seconds before I broke it off and slowly started walking past him as though I didn't see him. I immediately breathed out when I turned around the corner as I was actually holding my breath while I walking by him.

 

Luhan's POV

      I was walking back to class when I received a text message. "We're having dinner with the Jang family again later this evening. Be sure to come home early. -Mum." I smiled when I read the text and replied saying I'll be arriving home early. When I sent that text, I looked up from my phone only to be surprised by the figure standing not far in front of me. *Mirae..* I thought mentally saying her name. She seemed to be surprised seeing me as well but then broke off the eye contact with me and slowly walked past me as though she didn't saw me. I breathed out as soon as she walked past as I was actually holding my breath when she was walking by. (Author: Oh what coincedence. Hohoho.) I let out a sigh and continued walking to class.

 

-At home-

 

Mirae's POV

     I was already homed from college and was getting ready to go to Luhan's house for dinner as Mrs. Lu invited us over. After I put on my makeup and styled my hair, I went down and waited for mum by the front door. "Well, you seemed eager to go." mum teased. "Can't wait to see Luhan?" she added with a sly smile. "Eomma." I spoke at a low voice as I glared at her. Mum smiled in amusement and opened the front door as I followed and got in the car with her. After a few minutes of driving, we arrived at the Lu's house.

     We walked up to the front door and mum rang the bell. *Omg, why am I getting all nervous? It's not like I haven't been to his house before.* I thought as my hands started shaking. Just then, a maid opened the door and let us in. She then showed us to the dining room. *The house hadn't changed since the last time I've been here.* I thought when Mrs. Lu got up from her seat and greeted us with her usual warm hugs. "Seat seat." said Mrs. Lu. As usual, mum sat in front of Mrs. Lu and I sat in front of Luhan. 

     I could see that the table was full with delicious food. *Chinese food.* I thought as I almost drooled just by looking at the food that was served. It has been a long time since I last ate Chinese food. You guys know how much I love Chinese food right? Especially the ones cooked by Lu- well. Nevermind. My eyes were busy scanning the food on the table that I didn't hear Mrs. Lu calling my name. "Jang Mirae. Are you listening?" mum interrupted my food scanning moment by nudging me on the shoulder. "N-ne?" I snapped out of my trance. "Obviously you weren't listening." mum sighed and shook her head in disappointment as Mrs. Lu smiled amusingly and Luhan let out a soft chuckle. "S-sorry." I apologised as my cheeks flushed with embarassment.

     "You never fail to amuse me as always, Mirae." Mrs. Lu said with an amused smile and I smiled back in embarassment. "I'm sorry for talking too much. You must be hungry. Eat, eat." said Mrs. Lu as she picked up her chopsticks and began eating the noodles. Then everyone started eating. *Omggggg. This is so delicious!!!* I spazzed mentally as soon as I took my first bite. Just then I saw my mum eating a dumpling. *Where did she get those dumplings??* I thought as my eyes scanned for dumplings. 

     Suddenly a hand placed a plate of dumplings in front of me. I looked up to see that the hand belonged to Luhan. He smiled at me and continued eating. He must've noticed I saw my mum eating one of it and not to mention that he knew I loved dumplings. Feeling a bit embarassed, I carefully picked one up and placed it on my plate. After a while, we finished eating. All of us were now sitting in the living room having a nice chat with each other. Well, only Mrs. Lu and mum were doing the talking as Luhan and I only talked when necessary.

     "Luhan, Mirae. Could you excuse us for a while? We have something to discuss between to two of us." said Mrs. Lu. "Oh, certainly." I said as I got up and left the living room with Luhan following behind. "Hey, could we talk?" Luhan asked as soon as we left the living room. I turned to look at him. Luhan then gave me a small nod and walked towards the back of the house. I sighed and followed him. Luhan brought me to the garden and stopped walking. Memories then came flooding back as I stepped out into the garden. I smiled sadly and stood beside him.

     After a few minutes of silence, Luhan turned his head to look at me. "How are you?" he started. "Good. Never been better." I stated sounding a bit rude. Luhan then sighed and continued. "How's college?" he asked. "Fine." I said and he sighed again. I knew he wanted to talk about what happened between us but was just stalling. Then silence came over us. To be honest, I was happy to talk to him again and felt like hugging him right now but that's probably a bad idea cause I'd immediately break down and I don't want that to happen. At least not in front of him.

 

Luhan's POV

     I can't believe i'm standing side by side with Mirae right now. She's right beside me and I was fighting the urge to just wrap my arms around her and hug her tight. I really miss her warmth but that's probably not a good idea right now. Both of us had been silent for a while now. *Come on, Luhan. Speak out and explain things to her.* I thought as I encouraged myself mentally. I took a deep breath and decided to speak.

     "Ok, Mirae... You probably know the reason why I wanted to talk you." I said as I looked at her to see she was staring at the ground. "That day, when I.. When I left you. You couldn't imagine how hard it was for me. I know I hurt you that night but I was hurting even more. But believe me.. I was doing it for you." I breathed out and glanced at her. She was now looking at me sternly in the eyes. "The reason I did that was because.. My father wanted my help with his company in China. I thought that was all but then I soon found out that my father had an arranged marriage for me with the daughter a well-known organisation. Of course it was all for the future of his business and I obviously didn't agree to it but you know how powerful my father is over me.." I said with a sigh. "Of course I made an agreement to help my father with his company and in return of him, allowing me to visit you here for a few months before going back. But he didn't tell me about the second part of the agreement in the beginning." I added.

     I took another glance at her to see that she was still looking at me. "So I went back to China and met up with the her one day. But then she told me that she couldn't agree with this marriage as she already had someone she loves. Just like me.. So we both decided to meet up with our fathers and persuaded them both that we didn't want the marriage to happen. Of course they were furious at first but then we told them that we agreed to work with each other without this marriage happening. Thankfully our father's agreed to it. So after a few months my father finally allowed me to go back to Korea and so.. Here I am." I said.

     "Why didn't you tell me this before?" Mirae finally spoke. "Cause I didn't want to hurt you. I knew you'd be heartbroken and I was scared you'd think I was playing around with you if I did." I reasoned. "Well, it was certainly the opposite." she said her chuckle. "What do you mean?" I asked feeling confused. A few minutes later, Mirae finally spoke out. "It's because you didn't tell me all this that I got heartbroken and thought you were playing around with my feelings cause you were ignoring me a few days before you suddenly disappeared and left! Did you know that I actually rushed off to the airport as soon as I found out you were leaving?! I called out to you a few times but you couldn't hear me cause it was damn crowded at that moment. I then tried to forget about you and move on but when I finally moved on, you re-appeared 2 years later." she finished saying and tears were coming out.

     I actually couldn't believe what she just told me. *So I wasn't imagining things when I thought I heard her at the airport that day..* I thought. I looked at her and she was wiping her eyes trying to stop crying but tears kept flowing out. I felt really bad right now. She looked so fragile that I really wanted to wrap my arms around her. "I-i'm sorry..." I breathed out. I then carefully reached out for her and pulled her towards me as I slowly wrapped my arms around her. She then started hitting my chest while saying, "I hate you" again and again a few times before she stopped and continued crying. "I'm really sorry.." I apologised softly and her hair comfortingly.

 


Updated! :D

 

So chapter 4 is out! How did you guys find it??

Don't forget to leave comment's below! ;D

 

 

Also, school's starting soon for me so I wouldn't be able to update as often. :(