Lost Child

Don't Go [SEQUEL]

Mirae’s POV

     It has been a few days after we came back from our group trip. Today, I have nothing to do and was getting bored. *Hmm… What should I do?* I thought as I stared up my room’s ceiling. *Ah, I know. I shall call Luhan to see what he’s doing.* I rolled over to my side table. Just as I was about to tap on his contact, my phone rang showing his ID. I chuckled as I answered the call.

     “Hey.” I cooed, earning a chuckle from him. “Hey, beautiful. What’re you doing in the moment?” he asked. “On the bed, staring up the ceiling while talking to you.” I replied and he laughed. “I see. How I wish I’m right there beside you right now. We’d be cuddling and rolling around and more.” He said with a hint of mischief in his tone. “Mhmm...” I replied while shaking my head. “Anyways, any plans for today?” he asked after a while. “Nope.” I replied curtly. “Wanna go out then?” he asked. “Sure.” I said as I got up. “Alright, I’ll be over in half an hour.” He said and hung up. “Alright, time to get ready!” I said and went over to my wardrobe.

     “Ok, last touch up…” I said as I tucked in a few stray hairs. Just then, the doorbell rang. “Coming!” I exclaimed as I grabbed my bag and skipped down the stairs. I opened the door to see Luhan smilling down at me. “Well, you’re looking great as always.” He remarked as he looked at what I was wearing. “You’re looking good yourself.” I said with a giggle. 

 

(What Luhan wore)


 

(What Mirae wore)

 

     “Let’s go.” Luhan said as he intertwined his fingers with mine. Soon enough, we found ourselves in front of an ice cream stand. “Nothing beats eating ice cream during a time like this.” He smirked and got us ice cream of the same flavour. “This is so nice.” I said as I happily ate the ice cream. “I want some.” Luhan said and turned to me all of sudden. “What? It’s the same flavour!” I said. He ignored and leaned downwards to my ice cream. “Nope, yours tastes sweeter.” He smirked. I blushed as I looked away and continued walking.

     We continued walking and saw a carnival ahead of us. “That looks fun! Let’s go there!” I exclaimed as I grabbed his free hand and ran towards the carnival. There were lots of different booths and I couldn’t resist trying each of them. “Let’s play that one next!” I said in excitement as I pointed to a particular booth. To play that booth, we simply had to shoot arrows to knock down a certain number of cups to win a prize. As simple as that sounds, I was horribly bad at it.

     Luhan couldn’t stop laughing everytime I missed a cup. After 3 tries, I finally gave up. “It’s not funny.” I glared at him who couldn’t stop laughing. “How can you be so bad at this?” he asked in between laughs. I stayed silent and continued glaring at him. Soon enough, Luhan slowly stopped laughing. “Fine fine. I’ll win something for you ok?” he chuckled and ruffled my hair as he went took a turn. *He’s probably gonna fail the first try.* Well, that’s what I thought but no. He won with ease to my disbelief. “Here you go.” He said as he presented a cute plushie to me. “Thanks.” I muttered as I took it from him. I looked down at the plushie and smiled. It was really cute.

 

 

     After that we continued walking around the carnival with our hands interlocked with each other the whole time. Just then, I heard a child’s cry which made me stopped to look around for the crying child. “What’s wrong?” Luhan asked in confusion. “Don’t you hear a child crying?” I said as I looked around. Soon enough, I spotted a child walking around while crying for his mom. “There!” I said as I pointed to the child and immediately went up to him.

     “Hello, there. Why are you crying?” I crouched down and asked softly in order not to scare the little boy. “I-I l-lost my m-mommy…” he said in between sobs. “Oh no, do you want to find your mommy? Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you.” I smiled as I reached out to him. The boy looked at me and carefully took my hand. “My name’s Mirae and this is Luhan.” I said as I pointed to Luhan and he waved at the boy. “What’s your name?” I asked as I turned back to the little boy. “Dae-daehan…” he answered. He looked really adorable.

 

 

     “Annyeong, Daehan-ah. Come on, we’ll help you find your mom.” I smiled as Daehan nodded. I slowly stood up and we started walking. “How are we supposed to find his mom?” Luhan asked in a whisper. “I’m not sure myself… Do you think there’s a ‘lost child’ section here?” I asked. “I don’t think so…” Luhan said as he looked around. “Daehan-ah, do you know where you were before you got lost?” I asked as I looked down at the boy. “Aniyo, I got scared so I don’t know…” he answered as he pouted. *Aigoo, he looks so sad…* I thought in pity. “Hmm… Eotteokhae…” I wondered.

     It has been half hour and we still did not manage to find his mom. “Daehan-ah, are you feeling tired?” Luhan asked all of a sudden as he looked down at the boy. Daehan looked at him and nodded. “Do want me to carry you?” Luhan asked at which Daehan nodded again. Luhan then went over and crouched down in front of Daehan. “Get on my back. I’ll carry you so you can rest.” He said as he turned his head to look at the boy with a soft smile. Daehan gave him a bright smile as he let go of my hand and quickly got on Luhan’s back. “There we go.” Luhan said as he got back up. He smiled at me which I returned and we continued walking.

     *Luhan looks so fatherly like this…* I smiled at my thought as I glanced at him. “What are you so smiley for? You look creepy smiling to yourself like that.” Luhan chuckled. “Well, I was just thinking how cool you look right now.” I said. “I know right? Let’s just say you getting a sneak peak of the future.” He remarked as he winked and gave me a cheeky smile. “Whatever.” I said as I shook my head in amusement. “Oh, I want that.” Daehan said all of a sudden and pointed to a food stall. “Ah, you’re hungry huh? Alright, let’s get you some food.” Luhan said and went towards the food stall.

     “Wah… Looks so delicious.” Luhan said as he looked at the foods in awe. “Ok, which one do you want Daehan?” he asked as he nudged Daehan. “That one!” he said as he pointed to the corn dog. “Alright. What about you, Mirae?” Luhan asked. “The same.” I smiled. “Ok. Halmeonie, 3 corn dog please.” Luhan ordered. “Here you go!” the halmeonie said as she held out 3 of it. “Daehan-ah, take the last one from halmeonie.” I said as I took two of it and told Daehan to take the 3rd one. “Aigoo, aigoo. Such a handsome child you have.” The halmeonie said. I was about to deny that he wasn’t our child and that we weren’t a married couple but Luhan quickly spoke. “Kamsahamnida.” He smiled and slowly walked away.

     “Why didn’t you deny?” I asked as I walked up to Luhan. “Well, I just wanted to save ourselves from explaining so much.” He shrugged. “Ah…” I said and nodded in understanding. “Besides, it’s not like we get to do this everyday.” He added with a smirk and I let out a chuckle. *I thought so too.* I thought as I smiled to myself.

     It’s been at least 1 hour now and there was still no sign of Daehan’s mother anywhere. Daehan had also fallen asleep on Luhan’s shoulder. “Do you think his mother had already left to report a missing child?” I said as I Daehan’s hair. “Hmm… That could be possible.” Luhan said. “Maybe we should go to a nearby police station to check.” He said and I nodded in agreement. However, just as we were about to leave the carnival, I spotted a woman and a man asking people around in a frantic manner.

     “Wait, Luhan. I think that man and woman are his parents.” I said as I pointed to them. “Yeah. They look like they’re looking for someone. Let’s go.” Luhan said and we quickly walked up to them. “Excuse me…” I said as I tapped on the woman’s shoulder. The woman turned and looked at me. “Yes?” she asked, her face looking exhausted. “Um, by any chance, are you looking for a child?” I asked carefully at which the lady’s face immediately lit up. “Yes! Yes! Did you see my child anywhere?” she asked eagerly. “Well, actually we found him.” I said as I turned to Luhan and he showed Daehan who was sleeping on his back.

     “Daehan-ah! Aigoo! Thank you oh, thank you! Yeobo! They found Daehan!” she said in relief as she called to her husband. “Oh, thank you so much! I’m so glad you guys found him!” the man thanked happily. He then carefully took Daehan off of Luhan’s back so not to wake him up. “Thank you, really. Oh, how can we repay you two?” the lady asked. “Ah, aniyo. We don’t need anything in return. We’re just glad we’re able to return him to you.” Luhan said with a smile. After they thanked us again, we bowed to them and left the carnival.

     “Wow… That was really fun.” Luhan remarked with a chuckled. I smiled as I recalled what happened. “You tired?” Luhan asked as he looked at me. “Kind off. But it was worth it.” I smiled. Then Luhan walked ahead and crouched down in front of me. “Get on then.” He said. “What? No, it’s ok. You’re probably already tired from carrying Daehan just now.” I giggled. “Nah, I’m fine. Now hurry. Get on.” He said in a rather commanding tone. I shook my head in amusement as I carefully got on his back.

     “You seemed to have gained weight.” He teased. “What? Put me down then.” I said as I slapped his back. “I’m just kidding, Rae rae.” He laughed. “Yeah right…” I said as I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled against his neck.

 


Updated!!!

 

Omg, guysssssss. I am so sorry. How long has it been since I last updated this fanfic? Forgive me. ><

 


Credits to the right owners.