Hate

Don't Go [SEQUEL]

Mirae's POV

     "Ok, that is all for today. You're dismiss." said Mr Lee and everyone starting making their leave. I was waiting for Serri and L at the main building when someone tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey."  I turned around to see Jaehyun smiling at me. "Oh, hey." I said returning the smile. "Waiting for someone?" he asked. "Yeah, my bestfriends." I replied. "Ah, I see." he said softly. "Mirae! So sorry we took a while." Serri apologised with a pout. L was standing beside her and was looking at Jaehyun.

     I then quickly introduced him to them. "Oh, guys. This is Jaehyun. Jaehyun, this is Serri and Myungsoo." I said as I pointed at them respectively. "Hi." Jaehyun shook hands with L and then gave a friendly wave to Serri. "You're in the same college as me right?" Jaehyun asked facing L. "Yeah, I've seen you around." L replied with a warm smile. "Well, then. I guess I should get going now. See ya." Jaehyun said as he waved at us and left. "He's quite cute." Serri commented as she nudged me on the shoulder. "You like him?" she added with a sly smile. "What? No. We just met today, Serri." I said shaking my head in amusement. "Well, you never know. You might take a liking in him." she said with a smirk. "Whatever." I scoffed and started walking. "But really, he could help you move on too." she said and shrugged her shoulders. I replied her with a chuckle. *I'm not sure about that...* I sighed at my thought.

 

-At home-

    

     The thought of Luhan being back here has really been bothering me. I was really shocked when I bumped into him at the corridoor today. He was about to say something but I quickly walked away. I'm just not ready to talk to him yet after what he'd done. To be honest, a part of me was delighted to see him again while another part of me was just angry at him. "Aishhhhh!" I move the pencil everywhere on the drawing paper harshly. I'm so distracted, I can't do my work.

     "Aigoo, are you alright sweetheart?" Mum asked as her brows furrowed in worry. "Ani." I stated. *Wait, does mum know he's back...?* I thought and turned to look at mum. "Eomma, did you know that he's back?" I asked carefully. "Luhan?" she guessed as I nodded. "Well, I was just about to tell you but it seems like you already know.. Have you two already met?" Mum asked as she sat on my bed. "Bumped into each other, to be accurate." I scoffed. "Something tells me you're not really happy to see  him." Mum smiled teasingly. "Oh, no. I was really happy to see him." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. "Well, anyways. I wanted to tell you that Mrs. Lu invited us for dinner tomorrow." Mum informed and I widened my eyes. "No no. I'm not going. Tell them I fell sick." I said refusing to go. "Darling, that's really bad of you. I know you don't want to see Luhan but you should think of Mrs. Lu instead. She's excited see you again. So, you're coming no matter what." Mum concluded and left. *Great.*

 

-Next day-

    

     "Hey, what's with the deep frown?" Serri asked as she nudged me. "Nothing much. Just thinking of something.." I sighed. "What's wrong?" she asked facing me. "Well... You know I told you that I saw someone who looked like Luhan? Well, guess what. It was really him." I stated emotionless. "What?! How are you so sure??" she quickly asked. "Bumped into him yesterday while rushing to class." I stated. "Woah.. Then did he say anything?" she asked further. "Was about to but I quickly walked away. I'm just not ready to talk to him yet." I sighed as I played with my food. "Hmm, typical you." said Serri with a smirk on her face. "And that's not all.. His mum invite my mum and I for dinner." I said as I frowned. "Well, good. You could talk things out with him." Serri chuckled. "Yeah, right." I scoffed.

     "Afternoon, ladies. Anything I miss?" L smirked as he kissed Serri on the cheek and took a seat infront of us. "Well, nothing much just that Luhan's back." said Serri with a chuckled. "Really? When?" L asked in shock. "I don't know when but I bumped into him yesterday while rushing to class." I said. "Woah, that's a surprise. How come he didn't tell you or any of us?" he questioned as his brows furrowed. *Yeah, why didn't he..?*

 

-At home-

    

     "Darling, are you ready?" Mum called out from the living room. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming.." I groaned as I walked down the stairs. I really didn't want to go. Soon we were in the car, on the way to the restaurant. "Why are you frowning so much. Lighten up, darling." Mum laughed when she saw how much I was frowning. She knew I was dreading myself. A few minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant. We walked over to the counter and informed that we had a reservation under Mrs. Lu's name. The host then guided us to a dining room and told us to enter. *Omg. Go into this room and I'll see his face. I'm not sure if I can handle this.* I thought as I took a deep breath when mum opened the door and entered.

     "Yonghui ah! Nice to see you again my dear friend." Mrs. Lu greeted as she enveloped mum in a hug. "Nice to see you too, Song Qian." Mum said. "Mirae, it's nice to see you too. You're as pretty as ever." Mrs. Lu smiled as she pulled me into a warm hug as well. "As the same goes to you. It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Lu." I smiled. "Seat seat." Mrs. Lu said as she gestured to the table. As I walked towards the table, I saw Luhan and locked eyes with him for a second before taking the seat infront of him. As we waited for the food to get served, Mrs. Lu started a conversation.

     "So, how have you two been doing?" she asked smiling at us. "We've been good. I'm glad to see you two doing good too." Mum replied with a warm smile. "Yes, well we really missed you both. Especially Luhan here." said Mrs. Lu as she smiled teasingly at Luhan. I looked at him and saw that he was looking down in embarassment. "Well, it's the same for us too. Right, Mirae?" Mum said as she smiled teasingly at me. She just had to, doesn't she. "E-eh? Yes." I answered with a stutter. *I hate this.* 

     Soon enough, the food came and we started eating. "So where are you attending currently, Mirae?" asked Mrs. Lu. "Seoul National University." I answered while smiling. "Oh? The same as Luhan. Which college?" she asked further. "Fine Arts in Department of Crafts&Design." I answered politely. "I see and what was your college again, Luhan?" she turned to look at him. "Business Administration." he stated. "Ah, yes." said Mrs. Lu with a nod. *Business Administration huh? No wonder I bumped into him in the corridoor. Our buildings are just beside each other.* I thought to myself. The conversation continued as we were eating but Luhan and I hadn't talked much. Which is good although I felt him staring at me at times.  Soon enough, we finished eating and was walking back to the parking lot.

     "We should have dinner again soon." said Mrs. Lu. "Yes, certainly." mum said with smile. "Ok, then. We shall get going now. See you soon." Mrs. Lu said as she did that typical kisses-on-cheeks gesture with mum and smiled at me before walking towards her car. "Let's go." said mum as she turned to unlock the car. I was about to get in the car when I saw Luhan looking at me. I broke off the eye contact and got in. "You two sure were quiet just now." Mum chuckled. "We didn't have anything to talk about and I didn't want to talk to him, so yeah." I grumbled as I folded my arms. "Well, Luhan looked like he really wanted to talk though. He was staring at you most of the time while Mrs. Lu and I were conversing." Mum flashed a teasing smile as she glanced at me. I didn't say anything and just looked out at the streets.

 

-A few days later-

    

     "Omg, I can't come up with any ideas." I groaned as I crushed the 10th drawing. "Relax, Mirae. You'll think of something soon." Serri said softly to cheer me up. "Anyways, I got to go. Class's starting soon." Serri smiled as she got up and left. "Aigoo." I groaned once again and rested my head on the table as I closed my eyes. I was frustrated that I couldn't think of anything for my assignment. My thoughts then flew to the night my mum and I had dinner with Luhan and his mum. I haven't seen him around or bumped into him these few days. *I wonder how he's doing..* I thought but quickly snapped out of it. *No no. I shouldn't be thinking of him.* I thought as I shook my head.

     "You ok?" I looked up to see Jaehyun infront smiling down at me. "Oh, Jaehyun. I'm fine." I said as I sat up. "You look pretty stressed out to me." he chuckled as he took a seat infront of me. "What are you working on? Assignment?" he asked as he looked at the papers on the table. "Yeah. Gotta hand it up by this week but I barely even started." I sighed. "What are you supposed to do?" he asked. "Well, I have to come out with a design for a poster that'll be showcased in the college's main building. The theme is Seoul National University." I explained. "Hmm... So you have to come out with a poster that'd represent this university, right?" asked Jaehyun as he summarised my task. "Yeap. I thought of drawing the whole university compound and colouring it with the buildings representative colours but I don't really think that's a good idea.." I sighed.

     "I think that's a good idea but how about you draw out the different things that represent each college? Like to represent your college, you draw something like ceramics and paintings while for mine you draw gears and bluprints." Jaehyun suggested with smile. "Well, its just my suggestion though." he added and smiled in embarassment. "No no. It's actually a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that. Thanks, Jaehyun." I smiled. "Oh, uh. No problem." he said as he looked away and rubbed his nape. *Is he blushing?* I thought as I saw a hint of pink on his cheeks. He noticed I was staring at him and his cheeks grew even more pink making it obvious he was blushing. I found it really cute though. "Well, ah. I-i should get going. B-bye. See ya." he quickly said as he excused himself. I giggled at how cute he was.

     "You seem happy." A voice said to me all of a sudden. *That voice...* I turned around and saw Luhan standing beside me. I immediately frowned when I saw him and quickly packed my things. "Mirae, can we talk?" he asked. I ignored him as I picked up my bag and walked away. "Mirae, could you please stop running away from me?" he called out from behind and gripped my arm. "We have nothing to talk about, Luhan." I said in a spiteful manner as I brushed my arms off his grip. I gave him a glare and quickly walked away. *I hate you, Luhan.*

 


Updated! :D