Drifting apart

Don't Go [SEQUEL]

Luhan's POV

     "Here, tea." said mum as she placed a cup of tea infront of Zishan. "Thank you." she said. *Why is she here?* I thought. I took a glance at Mirae who was sitting right beside me. I looked to see her staring at Zishan. *I probably need to explain things to her.* I sighed inwardly. I was about to ask when mum beat to it. "So, what did you come here for?" asked mum. Zishan straightened her back before answering, "I came here on business and since our fathers companies are joint, Luhan is involved." *What.* I thought as my eyes widened.

     "What exactly is this business about?" I asked. "My father decided to branch out and have one branch established here in Korea." she said. "Since I'm not familiar with Korea, I figured Luhan could help me out." she added with a smile. "I see.." I said.

 

-Fast forward-

 

     After Zishan left, I decided to walk Mirae home. Mirae was very quite and I know something was bothering her. "What's wrong? You seem unusually quiet." I asked as I looked at her. "That girl.. I suppose she's the one you had an arranged marriage with?" she asked quietly. "Yeah..." I answered and Mirae nodded slowly. Then the silence continued once again all the way. Soon enough, we reached her front door.

    Mirae was facing me but had her head down. I waited for awhile but Mirae didn't say anything so I decided to leave. "Well, goodnight then." I said with a pat on her head. I was about to turn when I felt Mirae gripping my shirt. "Mirae?" I said a little confused with her action. "You're not... Going to leave me again, right?" Mirae asked with a shaky voice. *So that's what been bothering her.* I thought as I gently took her hand. "Mirae, I promise you that whatever happens, I'm not going to leave you again." I spoke softly to which Mirae nodded. I then cupped her face and tilted it to face me. "Don't cry... I hate to see you like this." I whispered as I wiped away her tears with my thumbs then pulled her in for a comforting hug.

 

Mirae's POV

     A few days zoomed by and it's already the end of another week. Nothing much happened but at least Luhan and I are going out on a date tomorrow, something to look forward to. I was laying in bed with Boa cuddled beside me. "Mirae, I promise you that whatever happens, I'm not going to leave you again." I sighed as I recalled his words that night. It's not like I don't trust him, it's just that there's this unsettling feeling I have. I then shook my head to stop myself from thinking negative. Just then, my cellphone rang.

    "Hey." I greeted. "Hey, what are you doing right now?" Luhan asked. "Nothing much. Just playing with Boa." I replied. "I see." he said. There was something going on and I knew he called not just to ask what I'm doing. "What is it?" I spoke. "Hmm? Oh, well.. Listen. My father's coming today to help out with that business discussion and we're meeting Zishan and her father tomorrow so..." his voiced trailed. "You can't make it tomorrow so we have to cancel our date." I said, completing his sentence. "Yeah.. I really wanted to go out with you tomorrow but.." he said and sighed. "Hey, it's fine. I understand. We could just go out another day." I said in an attempt to assure him. "Okay.. Well, I have to go now. Fetching my father at the airport." he said. "Okay. Bye." I said and hung up.

 

-Fast forward-

 

     Well, guess what? A few weeks had past and the thing that I feared most is actually happening again. Luhan hasn't been able to attend school for some of the days as he had to help out with business. Which also meant that we haven't been able to see each other much too. Seems like history's repeating itself huh? I sighed as I closed my eyes and rested my head on the table. Just then, I felt someone poking my left cheek. I was about to get angry when I saw who that person was.

 

 

     "Jaehyun!". "I haven't seen you around for ages!" I said. "Yeah, well been busy with projects and that exhibition that day." he shrugged. "Ah, that architecture exhibition. I saw your work and I thought it look cool." I complimented. "Really? Haha, thanks." he smiled. "So, how have you been?" he asked. "Fine I guess." I shrugged. "Really? Then why do you look like something's bothering you?" he smirked. *Opps, he saw through me.* "Well.. Nothing much." I sighed. "You're worried about your relationship right?" he asked. *How in the world?* "Are you a phychic? Cause you seem to know what i'm thinking." I said in shocked. "What? No." he laughed. "Well, I just know you that well. I like you, remember?" he added with a smirk. "Ah, yeah. Haha." I said softly. "Hmm, how about I treat you to ice cream?" he suggested. "What?" I laughed. "To cheer you up. Ice cream helps. Come on." he smirked as he got up.

 

-Ice cream shop-

 

     "What flavour?" Jaehyun asked. "Chocolate mint." I smiled. "Okay. 1 chocolate mint and 1 raspberry please." he ordered. "Here ya go." he handed my ice cream. "Thanks." I said as I started eating it. "Nice?" he asked. "Yeah, thanks for the treat." I smiled. "No problem." he smiled. We then decided to go for walk.

     "So... How are things with him?" he asked carefully. "So-so." I answered. "Here, have some of mine." he said as he handed his cup of ice cream to me. "Oh, well. Here's mine." I said as we exchanged cups and took a scoop out each. "Mmm, nice. I like it." he smiled as he took another scoop. *How I wish I was with Luhan right now...* I thought. "What's wrong? Is the flavour not to your liking?" he asked. "Oh, no no. It's nice." I said quickly as I took another scoop. After that, we exchanged the cups back.

     We were walking along the streets when I saw a familiar figure nearby. *Is that...* I thought as I walked closer. I was right. I saw Luhan with Zishan at a cafe. "Mirae what are you-" Jaehyun stopped talking when he saw what I was looking at. *They're just meeting each other for business, Mirae. Business.* I thought to calm myself as I turned to walk away.

     "Mirae, wait up!" Jaehyun exclaimed as he followed up. "You okay?" he asked as he looked at me. "Yeah." I smiled. Jaehyun knew I wasn't but decided not to prob further. He patted my head gently to cheer me up instead. 

 

-Later that night-

 

     I was reading a book when my phone rang and showed Luhan's ID. I sighed before answering. "Hey, Rae rae." he greeted. "Hey." I replied. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Reading a book." I answered. "How was school today?" he asked. "Fine." I answered curtly. "Is something wrong? You don't sound okay." he asked in worry. "I'm fine." I answered suddenly getting a little annoyed. "Well, if you say so..." he replied. "I going to sleep now. Talk to you soon." I said. "Oh, okay. Well, goodnight then." he replied softly and I hung up. I could tell he was a little disappointed by his tone but I felt like I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I did feel guilty and childish for acting that way though.

 

Luhan's POV

     Wow, that was the first short conversation ever. Mirae hung up as soon as I said goodnight. She doesn't usually act that way so I know something's bothering her again. I sighed as I slumped down on my bed. Hun then went up and snuggled against me. "Sigh... I wonder what's wrong this time.." I said as I petted Hun.

 

-Fast Forward-

 

     It's been a few days and I've been busy helping out with this business that I didn't really get to attend school. My attendance is probably so low right now. Today is a Saturday and dad's invited Zishan and her father over for dinner. I was currently in my room, scrolling through the social media while listening to music. I soon got bored and place my phone aside and stared at the ceiling. *I really miss MIrae...* I thought as my gaze shifted to the photo frame on my side table. Soon enough, the guests arrived.

 

-Fast Forward-

 

     We finished eating dinner and was in the living room talking about this and that. Mostly about business. "Oh and Luhan, could you get me the business plan file from my office room upstairs?" my father asked. "Yeah, sure." I said as I got up and went upstairs. "Right, which file exactly?" I thought as I look at the stack to file on the desk. I looking for the file when I heard someone entered the room which I assumed was my father. "Dad, which file is it-"

 

MIrae's POV

     "Okay Mirae. You just have to pass this work to him. That's all." I said to myself. I was standing infront of the front door taking few deep breaths before ringing the bell. "Oh, Mirae! Nice to see you here." greeted Mrs Lu cheerfully. "Good evening, Mrs Lu. Erm, is Luhan in?" I asked. "Yes yes. He's upstairs. Come in." she said and welcomed me. "I just have to pass this to him." I told Mrs Lu. "Ah, i see. Go on up." Mrs Lu smiled. I smiled and proceeded to go upstairs. While going up, I heard voices in the living room. *They must be having guests over.* I thought.

     I reached his room and sighed before knocking. "Luhan?" I said as I knocked a few more times. *Is he not in his room?* I thought when I heard voices coming from a nearby room that had the door open. I got curious and walked slowly towards the room. I peeked into the room and my eyes widened at the sight.

 


Updated!

 

Jaehyun's back in the picture. Hohoho~

 

There's alot of fast forwards too huh? Hehehe.

 

For those of you who are wondering, this is how Zishan looks like.

 

 

 


Credits to the right owners.