Break Up

Don't Go [SEQUEL]

Mirae's POV

     "Mirae? Mirae! Yah! Are you listening?" I snapped out of my thoughts by Serri's voice. "Oh? Y-yeah. I'm listening." I said. "Yeah right. What was the last thing I said?" Serri asked. "Said?" I answered. "Tsk. Very funny." she said as she narrowed her eyes. "Cheer up. I don't want you looking sad all the time." she added as she rubbed my hand. "I just can't help it..." I said as I toyed with my pencil. "Actually... Did you even ask him for an explanation?" Serri asked. "Don't have to. I saw it with my own eyes." I said. "But-" "I don't feel like talking about it." I said cutting her off. Serri just sighed and continued with her work. I stared down on my drawing paper and sighed as I recalled that night.

 

-Flashback-

 

     I reached his room and sighed before knocking. "Luhan?" I said as I knocked a few more times. *Is he not in his room?* I thought when I heard voices coming from a nearby room that had the door open. I got curious and walked slowly towards the room. I peeked into the room and my eyes widened at the sight.

     Luhan and Zishan. Kissing. Tears filled my eyes quickly and I turned around unable to bear the scene.  I dropped the papers and quickly went down the stairs. "Mirae? What happened?" Mrs Lu asked when she saw me at the steps of the stairs. "It's nothing, Mrs Lu. Thank you, have a goodnight." I said while not looking at her as I bowed and quickly left the house. *How could you, Luhan...* I thought as tears fell.

 

Luhan's POV

     Mirae has been avoiding and not been talking to me for two weeks now. "Argh!" I crumpled my paper while letting out a frustrated sigh. I know Mirae saw what happened that night and I've been trying to explain to her the truth but she just would even look at me. *I've hurt her again...* I thought as I recalled the night.

 

-Flashback-

 

     We finished eating dinner and was in the living room talking about this and that. Mostly about business. "Oh and Luhan, could you get me the business plan file from my office room upstairs?" my father asked. "Yeah, sure." I said as I got up and went upstairs. "Right, which file exactly?" I thought as I look at the stack to file on the desk. I looking for the file when I heard someone entered the room which I assumed was my father. "Dad, which file is it-"

     "Luhan." Zishan spoke in a soft voice. "Zishan. I'm sorry, I thought it was my father. Erm, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Well, you were taking a while so I thought maybe you needed help." she answered. "Oh, well. Yes, actually. I'm not sure which file he asked for..." I said as I continued looking through the files. "Luhan... Can I ask you something?" asked Zishan and I turned to see her right in front of me. "Erm, ok?" I said as I backed away a little. 

     "Could you reconsider your decision that time?" she asked. *Decision? Does she mean...* "About being business partners without marriage happening?" I asked carefully. Zishan then nodded her head. "But I thought you have-" "He cheated on me." Zishan said, cutting me off. "He was just using me in order to get a partnership with my father's company." she added. "Oh.. I see. I'm sorry about that but I'm still firm on my decision." I said. "Besides, I won't do anything to hurt-" my sentence was cut off as Zishan leaned forward and kissed my lips. My eyes widened and I couldn't process what was happening.

     However, I snapped back by the sound of footsteps walking away in a hasty manner. I quickly pushed Zishan away and stepped back from her. I was about to say something when I spotted papers on the floor. I went over to pick up. *My assignment papers? But who-* I widened my eyes and quickly went down the stairs. "Ma, did anyone come by just now?" I asked my mum who was staring out the front yard. "Well, yes. Mirae came over to pass your assignments and she just left seconds ago." Mum informed. I was about to run out when my father called me over.

     "Luhan. Where are you going?" he asked. "Erm, I need to go out for awhile." I answered hesitantly. "Well, you could do that later. We still have guests over." he said. "But-" "Luhan." he frowned as he said my name sternly. *I'm sorry, Mirae...* I sighed and went back in. 

     That's what happened and i've been trying to tell Mirae but she just keeps avoiding me. I sighed again and got up to throw the food wrapper away. I was walking back to class when I spotted Mirae sitting at a table with Serri. She was doing her work when she looked up, immediately making eye contact with me. The eye contact didn't even last a second as she quickly looked away. I looked down and chuckled to myself sadly as I turned and continued walking.

 

Mirae's POV

     Omg. That was really scary. I was shocked when I immediately saw him. "Hey, you ok?" Serri asked as I looked up. "Oh? Yeah. Just thinking." I said. Serri nodded slowly in doubt but continued with her work.  

 

-A few hours later-

 

     School ended and I was leaving the campus with Serri when I received a text message. I checked to see that it was from Luhan. I read the message and sighed. "What's wrong?" asked Serri. "Luhan." I said. "What? What did he say?" Serri asked in anticipation. "He told me to meet him at the park." I informed. "Well? You're going right?" Serri said in an unsure manner. "Well..." I debated. "You should go, Mirae. Listen to his explaination. You have to give him a chance to talk if you wanna settle the situation." said Serri as she folded her arms. *She's right...* I thought. "Fine." I gave in and Serri showed her smug face and we continued walking.

     I sighed for the nth time as I neared the park. *Ok, Mirae. You need to do this.* I thought to myself and continued walking. I was looking around for Luhan when I spotted him. He was facing the opposite side and I could tell that he was talking to someone by looking at his jaw. I went nearer to see Zishan infront of him. I widened my eyes as she leaned forward and embraced him. I froze as tears quickly filled my eyes.

     It was not long when Zishan saw me and looked a little surprised. Luhan noticed and followed her gaze. His eyes widened when he saw me. "Mirae... Look, I can explain- Mirae!" Luhan called out to me as I turned and ran away. 

 

Luhan's POV

     It's been half an hour from the destinated time and MIrae is nowhere to be seen. "Please show up..." I prayed softly. Just then, I felt a tap on my back. I turned around thinking it was Mirae but to my disappointment, it was Zishan instead. *What's she doing here?* I thought. 

     "What do you want?" I asked. "Can't you consider it?" she said softly. "Zishan, please." I said in exhasperation. "You don't have to do anything. Please, let's go on with the marriage." she pleaded in desperation. "Zishan-" I was cut off as she stepped closer and hugged me tightly. "Please." she said softly almost like a whisper. "Zishan, I'm sorry but I won't leave Mirae again no matter what." I said in a rather stern manner. Zishan sighed and slowly unwrapped her arms.

     I looked at her to see that she was staring at something behind me. *Don't tell me...* I thought in fear as I slowly looked behind. Turned out my fear was true as I saw Mirae looking at me with teary eyes. "Mirae... Look, I can explain- Mirae!" I called out and ran after her. "Mirae!" I shouted while running after her. I know it's this is not the right time but damn, she seriously improved in running.

     However, I was still faster and managed to catch up with her. "Mirae, please. Let me explain-" "You don't have to Luhan! I saw everything. There's nothing to explain!" she exclaimed. My heart immediately shattered in pieces when I saw her tear streaked face. She looked so fragile like that last time its as though she'd breakdown anytime. "Mirae..." I reached out to her but she slapped my hand away.

     "Don't touch me." she breathed out. "Luhan... I've had enough of all this. Let's just-" she sobbed, cutting her sentence. "No, please. Mirae, listen to me. What happened that night was all a misunder-" "Enough, Luhan! I don't want to hear your excuses anymore!" she exclaimed. "Let's just end things here. You should just leave and forget about me." she said slowly and my eyes watered. I was about to protest when she said something that breaks me into a million pieces. The words that I never wanted to hear from her.

 

 

 


     "Goodbye, Luhan."


Updated!

 

Sorry I took awhile to update but here it is~ Hehehe!

And I'm having flu currently which is really annoying so I have tissues stucked up my nose cause I'm too lazy to blow my nose all the time. XD


Credits to right owners.