a/n + before the party

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The not much awaited...... author's notes

 

Hi! Hello. Wassup~ It's been forever! How is everyone? 😊

 

It honestly saddens me that I'm no longer as active as before. I miss interacting with readers. But to anyone who cares (if you don't, skip to the third paragraph, lol), my life in the past year has been the most eventful - positively - since I fell into that deep dark hole years ago, quite fondly the same time I started writing Ubuntu. I found work! first and foremost. Full disclosure though: It's something unconventional and not really enough to support myself entirely (one day I will climb the career ladder! *pumps fist*), but in just one year I have learned so much and have progressed on my anxiety battle tremendously. So despite all that, I'm pretty proud of myself! Like hey, I can shop on my own now! Without constantly feeling like I'll faint from several panic attacks needing constant company and eventually having to depend on my meds to do something so simple like buying food so I won't faint in the middle of the mall or do something stupid like give a stranger my money... It all happened before spare me. Can you believe that? Sounds ridiculous, I know lol, but these are things I couldn't ever imagine doing years ago.

 

I also stopped going to a doctor (though that's more due to financial reasons. I need money to grow on trees, please and thank you). I'm able to cope pretty fine without prescription meds, except maybe during massive breakdowns where I developed a few bad habits just to cope through it like hitting myself on the head, lol. But all is good? Pretty proud I no longer depend on it! I'm still a mess, progress is still pretty slow, that much hasn't changed. I mean… I'm getting old and I'm still nowhere near a normal functioning human being. I have yet to tackle the obstacle of entering a goddamn cafe without panicking because… people, and wallowing in self-pity of how useless of a human being I am but what's new~ But! I'm definitely in a far better place than before. Like this girl is not the same girl who wrote Ubuntu years ago, mwahah!

 

Okay, moving on, I talk too much nonsense, enough about me~

 

There's good news and bad news...

 

Good news is: As promised, I have started working on the remaining chapter summaries! I, however, had to write a new outline as I frankly can't be bothered to check the old one. I also want to write out the whole ending I've always had in mind since the beginning, and because I'm a perfectionist will that in no way be written half-assed (not like the rest aren't 'cause I apparently lose my mind with just one mistake asdfgkal). So... bad news... more waiting for that, haha.

 

I'm sorry… ; u ;

 

What will be posted for this chapter is pre-. Please don't ask me how it led to that. So many loopholes in this story even I have no idea how to fix or explain, lmao. I've been so busy that I decided to just post what I have for now to let you guys know I'm still alive at least and to get these author's notes out of the way that most probably annoy you. Heh~

 

I also want to put this out there that there will be many things in the story that may be left unanswered or not make sense. Apart from the new outline I will be following, my memory has also somehow blocked those depressive years so please be reminded that there may be off details as I am only going on what I vaguely remember.

 

Also, I just want to shout out: To the person who asked how I was doing despite my m.i.a and incompetency on replying at my Tumblr account since I check that once in a blue moon, I’m truly sorry! I don’t know if you read my reply and I hope you're still here able to read this but, thank you, really. It's been ages, centuries, I know, but I just really wanted you to know how such a simple gesture was able to brighten my day back then, especially when life gets the best of you and all you were doing is crying a bucket like I remember what happened 💕

 

Also, to the precious people who replies on my also once in a blue moon tweets that I for some reason (prolly my incompetency to follow how the app works) completely miss - I'm very sorry for not responding. Dammit. I see them when it's too late and already awkward to reply. Huhu. Hit me up again? I'll make sure to check the mentions this time ASDGKAL.

 

But to all of you, whoever you lovely people are, do know I appreciate it, a lot ❤️ I'm just… someone seriously teach me how to be active in social media without being a fearful bunny because I only really lurk there... in the shadows... quietly... like a ghost...

 

PS: There will be added notes and some story backgrounds in the end about some little “fun facts”... or not, since the environment of this story is highly inspired by… my actual pathetic life, lol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

before the party

 

High-class tier party held by the Kim’s at a prestigious venue celebrating the new year in lavish lifestyle. A social gathering of invited affluent circles. A fancy event that required the most formal of dress codes. In other words – a far too completely formal affair for a simple, low status Byun Baekhyun who doesn’t even know the firs

Please log in to read the full chapter