found him

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hai! I just want to say that I’ve read all the comments! Always do really. You guys are so precious lemme crei-- I forgot how it’s like to be fed with so much feedback like this. Truly missed that ; u ; My apologies if I won’t always be able to reply to each and everyone of you, from time to time perhaps, but do know I’ve read and appreciate them all ❤

Also, I just want to put this out there as early as now ('cause I've been bothered T u T) to please be minded about the detail on es. They were supposed to play a role in the moving of the plot, but apart from the changes made, I also learned that tackling that subject was a rather too big of an ambition for someone as amateur as I am. I wanted to portray these details right and not recklessly just for the sake of it. So from now until the end, that particular detail is deemed insignificant (I have a lot to fix, mah lawd). Unfortunately, it has been one mentioned many times throughout the story so I can’t just take it out all of a sudden. That’s all ^^

Now we prepare for the much awaited ! ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

 

 


you don't belong here

 

It was a long car ride spent in pure tensioned silence. They had picked up Yejin in the middle of the way after she received a phone call from Chanyeol that they finally found Baekhyun’s address. Yejin immediately asked if she could come; unsettled by the last conversation she had with Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol made that call on a whim, for he thought of how Yejin always seemed to know something more than he did. But come the time Yejin enters the car and sits beside him at the back, nothing was said.

 

Minho didn’t really know what to feel of the situation. The last time all four of them gathered in one space was when things were still fine between the ex-couple. What used to be the two together with no space, now leaves a big gap in between. Never did they expect for them to reconcile again, in this kind of situation – all because of one person.

 

Oh, how the world works.

 

 

 

 

Frowns draw themselves on all of their faces as they finally arrive at the area, and it all suddenly seemed so… daunting.

 

All their lives they lived in wealth and privilege; surrounded by an abundance of needs and inside secure neighborhoods with heavy security; in environments pristine and simply - rich.

 

This was the total opposite.

 

Poverty was thriving in the streets. Where the homeless littered corners and slept on makeshift beds out of cartons or ducking under tattered umbrellas that served as their ‘houses’. Vendors lined the sidewalks in their dilapidated stalls, roads unfinished, sidewalks scattered with trash. Children ran about the roads with no sense of urgency, parents absent; beggars stopping cars, knocking on windows and opening their empty palms.

 

Yejin got startled and almost had a heart attack the moment she noticed a girl standing outside trying to peek through the window. Junmyeon’s mouth agape from horrified shock. Minho would have laughed at their expressions had they not been so taken aback by everything right now.

 

The lack of decency and delicacy was overwhelming for the four. This was the last kind of scenario they were ever expecting. This was also an environment they only see in the media; and if they have in person, never did they have to pay any attention.

 

Because they had no reason to.

 

 

They were all dazed, seeing Baekhyun's true neighborhood for the first time. They were torn - between feeling sympathy and the surfacing attitude of growing up in a life of privilege. Unable to stop themselves from comparing the drastic differences of their living situations and trying to comprehend said differences.

 

For one, Junmyeon is in utter disbelief seeing the chaotic street of Baekhyun's residence.

 

After a few more minutes of getting lost, navigating through narrow streets and feeling like they were fishes in a fish tank because Minho did not think anything through nor did he expect the situation in the first place and brought his sleek, clearly expensive car - they finally found themselves outside Baekhyun's address.

 

"We're here. This should be it." Minho heaves out a heavy sigh as he parked on the side of the barely two-way road, just outside the rundown apartment. The building in front of a hotel.

 

Yejin's frown deepened into even more confusion and a touch of judgement she wasn't able to control. Is the crowd wearing skimpy scandalous outfits across the street and sporting doll-like makeup, eyeing their car like vultures waiting for prey - what she thinks they are? Baekhyun has been living in this kind of place all this time?

 

"Second floor, right, Minho?" Junmyeon shakily said, itching to get out of the car but was stopped by Minho who too noticed the crowd across them staring unashamedly. He was concerned about Baekhyun, but was alert first and foremost. This wasn't their territory.

 

Chanyeol was almost paralyzed. A dingy apartment complex in the heart of a poverty-stricken town. Structure in dire need of renovation, looking like it will break down in the next storm; an entrance that appeared more like a portal to hell with the lone dim flickering light bulb hanging through spilled wiring for dear life. It was nearing dusk, and the shadows of the setting sun were eerie against the building.

 

This is where Baekhyun comes home everyday? This is where he retreats after Chanyeol leaves him? All that travel to and fro their campus? This is why Baekhyun had always looked so out of place when they visited the mansion or when they brought him to luxurious places? This is the reason it took him a while to adjust when he stayed at his penthouse?

 

Not wasting another second, Chanyeol exits the car. Minho shouts after him alarmed, but it snapped the rest as they all followed suit.

 

Minho and Yejin felt insanely cautious once they got out of the vehicle. As callous as it sounds, they did not trust the place, at all. Fear swirled in their bodies, mainly for the stigma the neighborhood was known to have with all the crimes attached to the place. Minho was especially feeling protective.

 

Junmyeon and Chanyeol on the other hand had only one thought in their heads: where's Baekhyun?

 

 

♠️♠️♠️

 

 

Chanyeol was the first to enter the building. He went through it quickly and up the stairs. There, he stands in front of a shabby looking door with the one digit they were looking for in derelict metal. He starts trembling, not knowing what to expect. Junmyeon behind him was just in the same state.

 

Yejin was behind the two and followed by Minho. Unlike the other two, however, they were more conscious of what they were entering. The first thing that Minho noticed was the complete lack of security while Yejin observed the chipping paint on the walls and how it was all a nasty shade of green, a weird smell permeating the whole narrow hallway. Claustrophobic.

 

"It's okay, Chanyeol." Junmyeon squeezed his shoulder when he just stood there rigid. He wasn't alone in this.

 

Chanyeol takes a final deep breath, and knocks. They weren't even truly sure if this is it, if Baekhyun was still residing here. Who knows if the address he put in his school papers were fake, too?

 

The first knock received no response, nor did the second and the third. Chanyeol was getting desperate and losing his mind. He just wanted to see if Baekhyun was actually there. So his knocks grew louder, until he was practically shouting Baekhyun's name.

 

 

♠️

 

 

Coughs filled the room. Baekhyun could barely hold himself when the knocks woke him up from his sleep. He knows he was practically getting kicked out of the apartment soon, but can he not at least be given some time to recup

Please log in to read the full chapter