six

I am because we are (Ubuntu) [Permanent Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2083

 

 

Green Park Paths was located just after one of the universities parking lots, a secluded area of the campus. Only few students park their car there as the lot was located a distance away the department buildings. Therefore, at evenings, only a few lamp posts are lit to conserve energy.

 

It’d be a lie if Baekhyun said he wasn’t feeling scared, nope, nu uh. In fact, he was beyond scared but rather terrified. This is his first time walking the paths to Green Park and at night no less. But he figured it was a reasonable area and time for them to meet as the current students at school were all in their night classes—too late to arrive too early to leave.

 

Baekhyun was shivering from the cold, the breeze that passed from time to time as if freezing his body. He only wore a thin layer of sweater above his thin shirt, his few clothes for the cold weather left at his apartment to dry due to another pouring of rain wetting them.

 

The parking lot was dimly lit, not a single soul in sight. If Baekhyun’s paranoid mind were to work its gears, this was a perfect setting for murder or he was most probably fooled into believing they actually wanted to spend time with him again.

 

He crouched in the middle of the lot figuring that he was too foolish to believe they’d want to meet him again, brushing his hands up and down his arms to produce heat. Pangs of pain stung his chest, feeling stupid and humiliated.

 

Before his thoughts swirled around more negatives, his back was wrapped in a thick leather jacket. He looked up only to be greeted by Chanyeol’s frown, a new expression to Baekhyun.

 

Startled, he stood up immediately and turned his head around different directions looking for the others.

 

“No one’s here, only me.” Chanyeol’s deep voice reverberated on the otherwise quiet lot.

 

“Huh? I thought—“ Before Baekhyun was able to form a coherent reply, Chanyeol started walking away to his car, the Maserati’s sleek exterior shining in the moonlight.

 

He ran to him, trying to catch up with his short legs while clutching the leather jacket tight to his body.

 

Opening the passenger’s door, Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun to enter. Confused but without question, Baekhyun got in and put on his seatbelt.

 

 

 

The car ride wasn’t as awkward as Baekhyun thought it would be, it was rather.. comforting. Oddly, Chanyeol’s presence made him feel secured.

 

It was a quiet car ride except for the soft music playing in the speakers. Baekhyun wanted to speak, to talk to him, but didn’t know what to talk about and how to even start.

 

Discreetly glancing repeatedly at Chanyeol, he admired him. He knew he was handsome, very, but he was never given an opportunity to watch him from up close. Chanyeol was gorgeous—with his straight black hair that he sometimes saw curled, his big ears sticking out a contrast to his serious face, and big eyes that he usually saw blank but was the only indication of his feelings. The road lights and lights of buildings and establishments that passed added to his handsome features.

 

He was startled when Chanyeol suddenly side-eyes him, head still straight in front. Avoiding eye contact was his plan and looking away was supposed to be done, but as Chanyeol fully turned to him he froze.

 

The car was on stop as the traffic lights were red. They stared at each other for a moment, Chanyeol not at all bothered by it, until Baekhyun squeaked and looked away with a faint blush on his cheeks. He missed the look of amusement Chanyeol gave him as well as the slight raise of an eyebrow.

 

For the rest of the remaining car ride, Baekhyun chose to look out the window—watching Chanyeol instead at the transparent glass while he drove quietly as they listened to faint music. A conversation was never uttered but Baekhyun never complained. The atmosphere turned from slight awkward to oddly comforting.

 

 

 

 

They were now on the other side of the city, roughly forty-five minutes away from the university, the elite part of the district. He was too busy watching Chanyeol by the window that he didn’t notice the roads and streets the tall male drove through.

 

As the car passed the village’s huge gates, Baekhyun was left in awe. Every house they passed by were huge and majority a two story home. There were a variety of large trees surrounding the houses and lined the wide sidewalks on each edge of the wide road. Not your ordinary lamp posts as they all had distinct designs. Gates of all shapes and sizes—short and tall, plain or with intricate designs, picket fences or no gate at all. Roofs of varying degrees. Different designs of houses from Victorian to modern glass windows. Each house a large distance away from one another.

 

Baekhyun didn’t notice the curious looks he got from Chanyeol. He was too awed that he completely forgot to put on his -I am the same level of rich as you so this is nothing new- mask on.

Please log in to read the full chapter