The difference between everything

WILD, RICH PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you still take that chance?"

....................

Silence fell upon them. Bora already knew what kind of response Sehun was expecting from her. He wanted the same old response she would have given years ago. She was going to say it like expected but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Those eyes looked at her with so much anticipation and haziness, that glimmer in them no longer existed.

This Sehun was different, he wasn't the same anymore and she knew that. His bright and radiant smile was no where to be seen and that sweet and joking demeanor of his vanished.

"What do you want me to say?"

He furrowed his eyebrows together puzzled, that wasn't the answer he wanted to hear.

"I'm asking you."

"Okay fine. No matter what happens, even if you're uncertain I will still take that chance."

His eyes didn't leave hers and bared no reaction.

"That's what you were expecting me to say right?"

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Why? That isn't your answer?"

Bora heaved a sigh, "I'm not so sure myself anymore but, how do you expect me to jump into your arms when you have the bravery to stretch out your arms but have no confidence at all in catching me? Doesn't that kind of deafeat the purpose?"

It took a while for Sehun to absorb in her response, never did he once imagine that she would reject him. But strangely he was somewhat satisfied with her answer. If it was in the past, Bora without a doubt would have answered with 'ofcourse I would take that chance' without a second thought. He only then came to realize that the Bora before him has matured and grown. She became an adult who is no longer blinded by her own feelings.

He waved his hand in the air signaling for her to crouch down. Bora didn't know what was going through his head and his face was still expressionless like always. Once they were eye to eye those dark eye circles of his came into clear view again, and she found herself entranced by his mysterious gaze all over again.

She hated that she was still so deperate to get a gimpse of him, but it had been that way for years.

It really did kill her sometimes, didn't his heart beat at least once for her? She had everything that any guy could ask for, she had the looks, the body, and the status, what else could he ask for? What else could he possibly want?

She did every possible thing to please him, she tried so hard to become more like a girl, to dress more to his liking but nothing worked.  His heart was always somewhere else that she could never reach, his eyes never looked at her the way she wanted him to see her.

"Don't look at me like that. You're making me feel guilty." Sehun muttered as if he read her mind. 

"I wasn't--I wasn't..." Bora tried to defend herself but no words came out of . She was caught red-handed with her selfish thoughts. 

Sehun displayed a somber smile. He always kept a hidden guilt for never being able to return her feelings, for letting her suffer over something he had no control over. This girl in front of him just didn't have the best of luck falling for someone like him. Someone who has grown numb to the feeling of something like love.

He gently brushed a piece of her hair away from her face. "Not me. I'm sorry. Even if I try I just can't." 

She swiftly smacked his hand away from her hair allowing the strand to fall back in its place. A small giggle escaped her lips. 

"Hahahaha. Arrasseo, arrasseo. I know already, you don't have to tell me." She kept her head hung low, she didn't want to look at his face.

If she did, she couldn't possibly keep it inside any longer. As for Sehun, he couldn't do anything but just watch her wither in front of him.

"Ahem.." A sudden cough arubtly disturbed them from a distance and they immidiately turned their heads towards the culprit.

It was Kai and Suzy hidden quietly in the shadows.

"Umm sorry are we intruding?" Suzy asked rather akwardly.

"You were taking a pretty long bathroom break so we decided to check if you were okay." Kai added.

Bora wiped her eyes quickly enough for Sehun not to notice and rushed her way over to Kai.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. Um but we have to go now or else we'll be late for school. Bye Suzy we'll come visit again." She quickly muttered before making her way down the stairs dragging Kai along with her.  

"A-ah that hurts! B-bye Sue! Get well soon and sorry that we can't stay for breakfast like you wanted, but next time okay!" Kai managed to yell before he was out of sight.

Suzy giggled at their silliness but it soon faded away once she saw Sehun dozing off in his own world. She sat beside him on the couch and took a sip from one of his unfinished bottles.

"Hey, you okay?"

He remained silent and stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Say...am I a bad person?" He suddenly asked.

"Well I mean, you aren't a horrible person." Suzy tried to poke fun at him but looking at his un-amused face she immidiately stopped.

She gave it a thought before continuing, "Why are you so curious about it all of a sudden? You may not be perfect but you're not a bad person. In the end everyone is a little bad. There's no shame in it, it's just apart of who we are as humans."

"Well I sure do feel like a horrible one. I've hurt her so much but I can't even help her, I feel pretty pathetic." He scoffed.

"Listen, it's not your fault or hers. There are just some things we can't control in this world. Feelings just happen to be one of them."

"Then tell me, what am I supposed to do?"

"There's nothing you can do Sehun, it's as simple as that."

Suzy knew she was being harsh with her words but that's what he needed. She didn't like seeing Sehun like this, all broken up and gullible who is so different than his usual self.

"But let me tell you one thing Sehun.. You should stop pitying her and the feelings she has for you, especially saying things like you wish you could return her feelings. That's a pretty hurtful thing to say you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter