Just the beginning

WILD, RICH PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun watched her walk away as he slowly became engulfed in guilt. Bora continued to walk long strides attempting to look confident and strong but, she was crumbling inside. She was in a state of panic and utter disbelief.

Holy crap..did I actually just say that?? I'll never be able to face him now..Aghh what am I gonna do now!? I'm so stupid! 

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" She chanted continuously while hitting her head repeatedly with the palm of her hands. She let out a loud aggravated yell out of nowhere and she came to notice the weird and suspuscious stares everyone around her gave.

People continued to walk and avoided going near her as they continued on with their business. Sehun happened to be right behind her after finally deciding to follow her. Witnessing her little outbreak was a little hard not letting out a giggle. 

Bora tried to regain her composure not trying to look like a complete loser on the streets. But before she could continue, she felt a firm hand placed on her head. As she looked to the culprit, it was Sehun who had a sheepish grin plastered on his face.

"W-what are you.." Bora clearly confused couldn't let out a proper sentence.

She watched as Sehun took out his other hand from his pocket and ruffled her hair messily. He scruffled and tackled her hair with a rather simplistic face. All Bora could do was just watch him with confusion not bothered one bit by how her hair looked because of him.

"What do you think your doing?" She glared at him.

Sehun looked at her menacing expression and leaned in closer, finding a bit of amusement in her reaction.

"Stu~~pid~" He casually spoke with a musical tone in the way he said it. Sehun pinched her cheeks and stretched them widely like a little child.

Bora turned red with the close proximity of their faces and quickly swatted his hands away from her cheeks.

"Stop! What's gotten into you!?" She panted in embarrassment.

Sehun watched her yell at him as he remembered the little Bora pictured in his mind. She still raises her left eyebrow and fists her hands whenever she got mad. It was..nostalgic in way.

"I thought you would have left by now.." Bora became quiet and shifted her eyes to the side.

"Have you calmed down?" Sehun asked finally waiting for her to stop talking.

"First of all, you didn't let me have a chance to explain myself after you stormed off. Secondly, is that how you treat somebody who tried to save your little sorry earlier from that little media stunt you did? Thirdly! Do you really expect me to leave you by yourself while dressed like that at this time and place?" He eyed her from top to bottom.

Bora felt his burning gaze stare her down to guilt. He did make good points and she hated it. 

"T-that's true.." She looked to the ground knowing that she was in no right to be accusing him.

"Come." He enters a convenience store and looks back at her. "Are you coming in or what." He mouth through the glass door.

Bora obeyed and followed him into the store. She took a seat by the table in front of the window that gave a clear view of the commotion outside. As Bora sat down and wondered where he went, she stared aimlessly through the window. Next thing she knows, a cup of ramen is placed in front of her with a pair of wooden chopsticks.

"Eat it while it's still hot." Sehun's low voice rumbled.

"Ramen?" She looked at it like it was a foreign substance.

"What? Is it not up to your five star ranking cuisine?" He took a seat beside her and gladly began eating his cup of ramen.

"No..it's just, been a while." She earnestly smiled like she had a pot if gold placed in front of her.

Sehun saw a glimpse of her smile through the reflection on the window and secretly smiled to himself.

Bora peeled the lid open and happily began slurping in the noodles like she hasn't eaten in days. She ate quickly and without a word. 

Sehun put down his chopsticks and gulped down all the soup that was left in the cup.

"Ahh!"

"Ahh!"

They unexpectedly cheered together. By the looks of it, Bora had already finished consuming all of her ramen. It gave Sehun a shock. So shocked that he started laughing at the absurdity. Bora felt quite embarrassed herself but yet found it amusing herself, and began laughing along with him heartedly.

"Wow, I've never seen a girl eat that quickly. I mean, you were pretty quick when we were kids that you were always the first one to finish but..even when you're all grown up..still.." He broke into laughter once again.

"Hey! I got really hungry okay! Lately, I haven't been able to eat what I want."

"Well I guess you can call this my treat then?" He calmly stated while finally calming down from his laughter.

"Thanks." She turned her face away from him childishly.

Bora felt the awkwardness come back but maybe it was only her who was feeling it. For this one time, she'd just really like a normal conversation with him. She really wanted to talk to him, for him to listen to her and for her to listen to his worries and troubles too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter