Ordinary people

WILD, RICH PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stood in front of a big oakwood desk in a rather dark lit room where books occupied all the spacing on the shelves. His father sat down in a tall office chair as he skimmed through a couple papered documents with no particular expression. There was a thick atmosphere of tension. Sehun prepared himself for what was to come as he new his father's calm state wouldn't last much longer. He cautiously braced himself as he stood there waiting for his Father to utter atleast a word. Until finally his father placed down the paperworks and took off his glasses as he glared straight into his son's eyes. With his hands clasped together on the desk, he spoke with his deep and croaky voice.

"Where have you been?"

Sehun cleared his throat. "I apologize, there was a sudden personal matter that I had to deal with."

Mr.Oh grabbed the glass of wine on the coaster placed on his desk and slowly stood up. He walked to the front of his desk with his slick business suit attire and sat on the edge of the desk while swirling the glass around. 

"You know son, I have let you off many,many times for several things."

As his father paused his sentence, Sehun gulped down the lump in his throat.

"Even that time when you decided it would be a good idea to ditch the party with your sister that we happened to host a couple of days ago." He giggled a little snicker in between.

"Can you imagine? Reading the headlines in big bolded letters, 'Heirs of large scale interprise The Oh company, flee from their own party?' The embarrassment oh the embarrassment. It really did put our family name to shame after your flashy stunt."

"Father listen, Suzy really wasn't feeling well so I took the responsibility to ta-"

"I don't care what the reason was son. The fact of the matter is, you stained our company name and I had to fix your stupid mistake or should I say mess. You made us into a laughing stock thanks to your little incident, Sehun." He continued to say it in a calm and relaxed manner.

 "So you tell me. After hurting our pride, making an embarrassment out of your parents, a fool out of everyone who attended the party, and the risk you put your own company in.....you dare say to me, that you had take care of your own personal business to deal with?" He asked with a hint of irritation in his voice, as he dared Sehun to reply back who had the nerve to make such an excuse right in front of him.

 "Father, please list-"

"Sehun! Don't you already understand!?" Mr. Oh's voice gradually escalating.

"After that incident at the party, you dare ditch this one meeting, just this one important meeting!? You know how long you made us wait!? How do you think your actions made me look in front of the board! Who's fault is that?" He extended his index finger and placed it on Sehun's chest shoving him harshly. "You! You! You!" He nudged him with his finger each time he roared the word.

"Take your responsibilities more seriously!"

As he spouted his last word, he swiftly raised his arm in the air with the glass still in his firm grasp and threw it directly in Sehun's direction. The glass shattered into million's of shards and pieces as the wine splattered all over the wall creating a dark abstract like painting.

Sehun still shaking in his spot, tried his best to remain his composure as a streak of blood across his cheek began to seep through and bled. 

As his father sighed and tried to contain his anger. He slowly made his way across the room and opened the door. Right before completely leaving, he paused while his back still facing Sehun's direction.

"Don't make me have to do this again. I don't want to do anything to you like I did before. You know, I really did just want a normal reunion with no fighting and arguing for once, but you kids are making it completely impossible." 

He closed the door harshly as the sound of his footsteps slowly faded away.

Sehun stood in his spot as he was haunted by the words "I don't want to do anything to you like I did before." As the word 'before' kept replaying in his head like a broken record. 

As he snapped out of it. He stumbled with his steps as he tried to walk forward towards the door as flashbacks of past incidences began playing in his head. The old scars on his body began to ache and sting everywhere as he re-lived the trauma he had to experience in the past. His wounds felt like they were fresh and raw all over again. As he reached for the doorknob his knees gave out as he knelt down fumbling with the blood on his cheek still dripping down slowly.

"I don't get it...why are you trying to sound like the victim. Don't blame it on us..you were the ones who made us into these monsters..all of you are to blame."

                                                                                                                                                                                                ***

"Those are some very lovelys flowers you got there." Laura pointed them out as Suzy placed it down on her window sill. 

"Yeah, they really are pretty." Suzy looked at them with admiration.

As Suzy looked at the white orchids, Laura let out a small smile as she was able to detect the shimmer in Suzy's eyes as she looked at the flowers with a certain look she rarely expressed.

"Who gave them to you?" Laura causally asked as she fluffed through Suzy's bedsheets as she tried to make her bed.

Suzy made her way over to the vanity chair and sat down on it quite cheerfully as she spun it around a couple of times with glee.

"No one new, just an idiot who's terrible at writing letters." She giggled.

"By the way Laura, I'll be leaving in a bit so if you could please come up with some excuse to tell my parents why I'm gone, that would be greatly appriciated."

"Why don't you tell them yourself?" 

"Erghh..well because they like you more..?"

Laura shot her a doubtful look as she showed a dissapointed frown.

"I can only keep lying to your parents for so much longer. After that I expect you to take care of your own problems okay?"

Suzy put on a pout but knew that she was right. She couldn't keep depending on Laura to take care of her parents. She'd have to deal with it sooner or later.

"Okay fine, but up until then please cover me? Please?"

"Alright. As long as you understand."

"Thank you so much!" Suzy ran over to give her a big and long hug.

"Did I mention that I love you soooo much?" Suzy happily expressed as she snuggled herelf in Laura's warm and motherly arms.

"Oh jeez, you're like a little child Suzy" She flashed a smile and patted her head softly.

"But what are you going to do once your mother comes back from her schedule? She planned a lot for you today, surely she will be very upset if she finds out you decided to skip."

Suzy slowly let go of their embrace first and thought to herself.

"I..I'll take any punishment she gives me."

"But you w-"

"Don't worry Laura. I decided this on my own so I'll deal with the after math myself. Right now--" She looked over at the white orchids by the window, "I have somewhere else really important to be."

Laura gave her a worried look but respected her wishes.

"You're going to meet him aren't you?" 

Suzy turned around towards Lauren and smiled brightly, "Did I give it away?"

                                                                                                                                                                                                    ***

"Where are you going?" Bora asked her brother  who was putting on his jacket in front of the mirror.

She wasn't really paying full attention to him as she was too busy laughing at her favorite movie playing. She continued to binge eat all the popcorn to herself as she sat comfortably with her legs crossed on the couch with her comfy sweats and the large popcorn bowl right by her side. A couple seconds passed by and still no answer to her question.

"Ya, I asked you where are you going?" She asked once again but with her eyes still glued on the TV screen.

"Phuahahaha! Omg this part is so funny! Kai look at this!" She began tearing up as she laughed boisterously as popcorn pieces shot out of .

Kai who still yet has to answer back, clumsily put on his shoes as he stumbled into a couple of things as he zoned out everything around him. He wasn't in his proper state of mind as he failed to realize he put on two different pairs of shoes.

He reached for his scarf and struggled putting it around himself as he managed to somehow get it wrapped around his head. 

Bora who was now irritated at Kai who didn't respond back to her question, tore her eyes reluctantly away from the screen. She looked at Kai who was blindly bumping into things and shouted small muffled cries with his head still wrapped around with his scarf.

"W-what is..he doing.." Bora asked confused as she witnessed the pathetic yet somewhat amusing scene quietly by herself.

Debating to herself whether she should help him or not went on for quite a bit until she finally had her fair share of laughs and finally decided to help him out. Bora sighed at her brother as she stuffed the last handful of popcorn in the bowl all in in one go. She got off the couch and made her way towards him.

"What's going on with you?" She asked curiously with her words almost unaudible as was still stuffed with popcorn.

Kai muffled out some words as he tried to remove the scarf by himself only to fail.

"Okay, okay, just stay still! I'll help you!" Bora shouted as he finally stopped roaming around.

She grabbed the scarf and unrolled him. 

"What's going on with you? Why are you acting like you're doing everything for the first time." She asked slightly amused.

As Kai finally was freed, he coughed several times and took in some couple deep inhales with his hands resting on his knees for support.

"Ya! Why aren't you answering my questions? You're so out of it." She put on an annoyed face.

As he finally lifted his head and recollected himself together, he almost immediately grimmaced at looking at Bora's face. Butter all smudged around and little traces of popcorn left on her cheeks and stuck on to her clothing.

"Pfff...pff.."

"Mwoah? Is that what I get after helping you out?" Bora asked all offended.

"Clean up your face! You look like freaking Godzilla!"

Bora frowned unamused and shot him a glare.

"Should you be the one talking after you can't even put on a scarf by yourself!? What are you, a first grader?" She immediately fired back.

"Jheez sis, you're a grown lady already. It wouldn't hurt you if you started acting like one. How do you expect to keep a man like this?"

Bora paused and momentarily expressed a hurt expression. He was crossing the boundaries."You know what I should've left you wrapped around in that stupid scarf to suffocate! Aish, I was stupid to help you." She ruffled her hair annoyed as she made her way back to the couch. "Tch, you made me miss my movie."

"Aww come on, don't be like that." Kai walked towards her. "I was joking."

"Oh shut up no you weren't." Bora crossed her arms finding it not funny.

"You know what, I was gonna tell you where I went today after I ditched class today but now forget it. I came home all excited to tell you about it, but hmphh now you made me mad." She puffed her cheeks.

"No tell me, come on, I'm all ears." Kai offered trying to make it up to her.

"No."

"Please? I'm seriously interested." He sat down beside her and nudged her several times.

Bora looked at him annoyed but was really excited to tell him, she's been eagerly waiting to tell him ever since she parted with Suzy.

"Fine, since your soo curious." She paused and then smirked. "I met up with Sehun and Suzy."

Kai's mischievous smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter