Bittersweet

WILD, RICH PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll see you soon?" Kai asked with a sly smile while blushing slightly.

"Ofcourse."

Kai leaned in towards her only to feels his lips make contact with her cold fingertip. Suzy smiled and shook her finger side to side teasingly.

"No more kisses." She smirked. "I'm not that easy."

Kai frowned in disastisfaction, "Can I atleast have a hug then?"

"Sure." She spread her arms wide open and and took in Kai gleefully. But before she could fully retract back, Kai swiftly pecked her lips and ran for it down her yard.

"Y-yah! That's not fair!" Suzy yelped taken aback.

Kai looked back and winked at her while sticking out his tounge playfully. "I'll be taking that as a reward for tonight."

And before she new it he quickly disspeared into the dark while she gently grazed her lips.

"Ughh..that pabo." She smiled sweetly.

She opened the door to the house to find all of the lights turned off and not a single comotion could be heard.

What? Has everyone gone to sleep already?

"You're back?" A voice lurked in the dark.

Suzy turned around to the voice and was relieved to find out it was only Laura.

"Oh it's just you Laura. Where's everyone else? Sehun? My parents?"

"Your parents have yet to return and as of Sehun.." She paused as she expressed a concerned look. " He came back quite early today and immidiately locked himself in his room."

Suzy's heart quickly raced.

"How about you? Did everything go well between you a-"

Before Laura could even finish asking her question, Suzy made a quick dash towards Sehun's bedroom upstairs without a second to waste.

"Sehun! Open up!" She banged on his door several times. "Sehun!"

She went for the door knob only to be surprised to find out that it was already unclocked. She twisted the knob and opened it slowly. The room was quiet and eery, the lights were turned off and it stenched of bitter alcohol hanging in the air.

"Sehun?" She looked around his room thoroughly but only failing in finding him.

"Suzy why are you in here?"

"Sehun?" 

She turned around to find Sehun's glowing eyes glaring at her. For a second she was startled by his appearance. But then her expression softened.

"Are you okay?"

She lend out her arm and slowy tried to reach for his face but he shortly stopped her and held her hand. She wondered why he was acting so strange and instnatly noticed his alarmingly cold hands.

Sehun felt the warmth radiating from her gentle hand and wondered for a moment how grateful he was to have such a loving little sister. He laid his hand on top of hers and snuggled a small kiss on to them.

"I'm fine Suzy, just fine."

Suzy stitched her brows together and wondered why he stood away so far away from her. She slowly retracted back her hand and looked at his face hidden in the dark.

"Come closer. What are you hiding from me?"

"It's nothing, you should go get some rest."

He grabbed her wrist and led her to the door but it didn't stop Suzy from being persistent. She quickly removed her wrist from his grasp and in a second she immidiately squealed from seeing the sight she witnessed. His face could now be seen, and on his right cheek bared an enormous gash with blood stains still evident on his cheek and on his white blouse.

"Oh my goodness, Sehun." She covered with both of her hands in clear state of shock.

Sehun looked to the other side attempting to hide it from her gaze but it was no use any longer.

"Did he do this to you?" Her voice tainted with pain and tenderness.

"I told you Suzy I'm fine! I-I just bumped into the wrong people tonight.."

Suzy briskly held his collar with fire lit in her eyes.

"Don't you dare ing lie to me Oh Sehun." She said with her voice wavering.

Sehun gave up as his shoulders loosened up and his body became less tense. 

"Let me see it." She demanded.

With her soft and gentle hands she shifted his face towards her as he looked at her reluctantly. She calmy carressed his cheek as her lips quivered. Sehun closed his eyes with a tired expression. When her fingertips grazed over the gash he flinched in pain and it broke Suzy's heart seeing him like that.

"Why are yout trying to hide it from me?"

"Suzy, it's nothing okay? This is nothing." The smell of his breath was entoxicated with alcohol. His breath smelt, but his speech was perfectly normal. It wasn't slurred or sloppy. 

Sehun held onto her hand that was still placed on his cheek trying to reassure her.

"How?" She looked at him in aggravation and guilt, "How can I possibly act like it's nothing? Tell me, how can I do that Sehun? Huh? How Sehun!?" She yelled at him as she began choking up.

Sehun exhaled and gave her a hug. "Please, just please Suzy. For me, can you please at least just do that for me?" He began choking up himself.

Suzy sobbed as she clasped onto his blouse. "Sehun, I don't want you to end up like before. You can't return to that dark place again, you just can't." She cried helpplessly in his arms.

"I won't okay? I promise that, but I need you to be strong for the both of us right now. So please, don't worry anymore I'll take care of it. I'll take care of it all." Sehun sniffled as he brushed her hair.

Sehun felt that he had a commitment to aboey a bid by. And that was to make sure that Suzy doesn't have to go through any more pain. He laid that reponsibility upon himself but yet he was the one who was causing her pain right now. As a brother he had to protect her but even he can't stop her from crying. For all this time, she had been the one protecting him, crying for him, baring the pain for him, while still carrying her own pain and burden put upon her. It was time for him to grow up and do his job as brother and repay her.

Suzy gave a small nod while wiping away her tears hastily.

"I won't promise, but I'll try..but for now let's take care of that gash okay?"

                                                                                                                                                                            ***

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Kai asked as he removed his shoes by the front door.

Bora silently sat by the dining table as she was eating a bowl of strawberies, while seeming a bit hazy.

"Can't sleep." She replied back with a monotoned voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter