The first snowfall

WILD, RICH PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you finally awake?"

Her heavy eyelids lifted open to see herself in an unfamiliar place surrounded by the sweet aroma of moccha.

"How long have I been sleeping?" She rubbed her eyes softly.

"Long enough for me to take pictures of you drooling in your sleep." He chuckled to himself.

Bora's eyes bulged out of there sockets as she turned around trying to wipe totally embarrassed, "why didn't you wake me u-"

"Jheez I was just joking, you can relax." He assured her as he slided a nice warm cup of hot chocolate over the table to her.

"I decided to let you sleep since you seemed tired." He took a sip of his coffee.

"Oh. Thanks." She gladly took the cup and blew into it.

"Um, can I ask, where exactly are we?" She looked around her surroundings cautiously.

The place was simple and plain, something unoridnary for his taste. White coloured walls, a couple of tables and chairs, hanging plants, some occasional couches on the side which she was sitting on but one thing stuck out to her out of the entire place. The high ceilings that had beautiful stained glass windows.

"Isn't it pretty?" Sehun asked as he observed her awed expression.

"This place might be a little boring for my liking, but that's mainly the reason why I come here so often." He pointed at the stained glass windows. "In the summer, they don't even have to use their lights since the sky lights do that job for them, it's a real sight to see. Plus, they make some hella good coffee."

"Hmm..how unexpected." She expressed a doubtful look as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Ouch, I can be sentimental too you know?" He defended as he mocked a hurt expression.

She giggled softly. "You can't blame me. When we were little you were always the extravagant one. I was expecting chandeleirs, gourmet dining, and excellent service. It's pretty shocking."

"But I guess this side to yourself isn't so bad." She added. 

Sehun looked at her as she completed her last sentence. "Thanks." He smiled to himself.

                                                                                     ***

"Oppa, can you come over here for a second?" A little junior called out to Kai as he was passing through the hallways.

"Do you need something?" Kai answered back kind of uninterested.

"Well umm is it okay if you can meet my friend behind the school after classes are finished? She has something really important to say to you."

"And what might that be?" Kai yawned unintentionally as he gazed down at her little figure.

"Please! Just come!" She squealed at him before she ran off.

"What is this? Another confession? Well isn't kai the popular one?" One of his classmates named Mark came over and slung his arm over Kai's shoulder's.

"It's getting really annoying though." Kai heaved a sigh as he scratched his scalp. 

"Ya! Do you know how ungrateful you're being? Any guy would kill to be in you place!" He shouted at him in disbelief.

Kai now irritated at his friend's loudness leaned his head to the side trying not to let his voice disrupt his ear drums.

"What's the point? I'm not interested in any of them." Kai spoke bluntly as they continued walking down the hallways.

"Daebak. How could such a cold human exist. You don't even act interested, look at them coldly, and harshly turn them down. And yet they still keep on coming! Do girls like that kind of thing??" The aloof friend kept on spouting.

Kai seemed to not be paying any attention to him anyways as he was nonchalantly cleaning his ears.

"Ya listen to me! So are you telling me you haven't liked even one girl before?"

Kai stopped in his tracks to that question.

"What? You have? Who!?" 

Kai clearly flustered swatted Mark away and continued walking down the hallway. But the determined boy refused to give up as he loved to hear gossip and hot topics like this.

"Come on! I won't leak it out, is it someone I know?" He catched up to Kai and stuck by his side.

Kai gave a scoff and looked down on the floor. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"What why?"

"I'm not even sure about it myself. But if I do persue it, will it be even worth all of the unnecessary drama? Nah, I'd rather not, no thank you."

"Jeez.  What's wrong with you, so you're okay with the way you two are right now?" 

"It's better than nothing." Kai answered back with pain striking his heart after letting those untruthful words escape his mouth. He knew very well that he wasn't okay with the way things were. He was scared  from his own feelings, and he hid it very well. It was the only thing he knew how to do.

"You know, for a guy who gets a tonne of ladies, you can't even manage to deal with one." Mark scolded him.

"I guess you could call me a hopeless romantic?" Kai questioned as he giggled to himself.

Mark shook his head in disapproval at how mislead and lost his usually chill and unshook friend is. He knew that Kai probably liked this girl a lot. It made him feel a little bad for him, it was like watching  a little baby learn how to walk on its own for the first time. Helpless but cute.

"Well Kai. I'm not an expert when it comes to love but, if you don't make a move now someone else certainly will." Mark said with the utmost sincerity in his voice through out their entire conversation so far.

"When she'll be in someone else's arms. Will you be okay with it then?" He asked Kai genuinely.

"Wow, who knew you could be like this?" Kai asked in shock at his friend's sudden change of character.

"Hehe don't tell anyone else okay?" Mark slyly placed his index finger over his mouth. "I'm just saying, don't you think it's worth going through all of that and risking it all if you really do like her? To have her yours?" Mark smiled at him.

*Ding dong ding dong*

"Oh well there's the bell for fifth period." Mark said upset not wanting to go back to class.

As Mark patted Kai's back before heading back to last class, he smiled at him before saying, "make sure you to tell me who the lucky girl is. I bet she's a beaut."

Kai was then the last one standing in the hallways as everyone scurried back to class. He pondered over his words and replayed them over and over in his head again and again.

"You have no idea. She's beyond beautiful."

                                                                                                      ***

The clanking of dishes and tableware was the only sound that could he heard. They stopped talking to each other a long time ago, and let the silence do the talking for them. It wasn't awkward or tense, instead it felt unusually normal.

His cup of coffee already reached the bottom and her mug of hot chocolate was only half way empty. 

Sehun pulled out his phone and read the big bolded letters from his notifications list, "DAD- 14 MISSED CALLS."

Ah. I'm screwed.

"Is something wrong?" Bora looked at him.

"No it's nothing." Sehun looked at the time and stood up. "Classes should be over soon, wanna head back?" 

"Oh sure." She stood up from the couch and followed after him before greeting the staff members goodbye.

They left the shop and the sky was a darker shade of gray than earlier. The road was empty and the street lights began to flicker on despite it was only three o'clock. 

"Hey, I saw that your parents are home." Bora began.

Sehun didn't turn around to face her or even answer. He kept taking his long strides and continued walking forward.

"Ah I'm sorry, it's none of my business." Bora apologized and stayed behind him. She felt a little guilty for bringing up such a subject even after knowing how sensitive it was for him.

"Don't walk behind me." Sehun spoke with a low tone pulling her ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter