Feelings

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My breath was taken away by the beautiful fireworks. Chatter among the streets were so lively and upbeat. Everyone walking along the streets were mesmerized by the show as they looked up to the sky. There was a firework show on that night. Plenty of love couples were holding hands and embracing each other. It was hard to not notice. I would admit though, it was the perfect moment to snuggle up with your boyfriend (if you had one) and enjoy the scenery.

 

Jackson and I were walking together while looking for a restaurant since both of our stomachs were growling for food. The two of us wore sunglasses until the night was dark enough to take it off. Our disguises were important during the daytime compared with the evening since less people would be out. The PD rang me before I could call him. He said that he had something urgent to attend to that's why he didn't come back to karaoke. Of course I was worried sick about him until he told me it’s not really urgent. It seems as though there was a massive sale for baby diapers and his friend couldn’t go shopping so they called him to buy it instead.

 

While I was on the phone, I told the PD that we didn’t need a written script. Jackson and I agreed to do it freestyle. The PD was hesitant at first but I reassured him to trust us. We knew what we were doing and eventually he gave in. Since the viewers of Roommate loved JackJi, we thought it was best not to betray them with fake events and typed up scripts.

 

[ Key: Jackson (bold) | Youngji ]

 

“You seem excited.”

“Why wouldn’t I be? Everything worked out. No scripts between me and you.”

“Thank god. Scripts are not my style.”

“What if your boss, JYP, decides to place you in a drama? Scripts would be your new best friend.”

“Do you think JYP would let me act?”

“If he is a smart man, he would never let you act.”

“Whatever. I’m Wang Jackson. I have potential in everything.”

“More like Wang Confident. Not everyone can ace acting.”

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny.”

“Remember our Romeo and Juliet play? Yeah, obviously acting is not your thing. For the sake of everyone, please don't be an actor.”

“Yo! I purposely made it look bad. I didn’t want to shock everyone with amazing talent. I'd like to keep it hidden thank you very much.”

“Yeah, right.”

“So... What are you going to do about your scarf?”

“Ugh! I think I have to come back some other day to collect it.”

“Leave it to me. I'll come back and get it for you. I'm sure Haeji would help me find it. I don't think she's very fond of you. It's best for you to not come back.”

“Thanks! You're the best-”

“I'll help you only if you pay for tonight's dinner.”

“Don't worry, dinner's on me!”

 

 

We ended up buying beef burgers and a can of beer for each. Nearly every restaurant was packed with groups of people. Line queues were growing by the minute. It was hectic. Tables and seats were all occupied. We had to take our dinner and eat outside. There was a park nearby and we both decided to eat our burgers there (there was plenty of benches to sit on). Fireworks were nice and all, but it would be better to enjoy the show indoors. We had no choice. Maybe that’s why restaurants were extra popular tonight.

 

“So cold! Let’s quickly eat so we can rush home.”

“Why don’t we just head straight home and eat?”

“My hunger is more important. No food means no energy to walk.”

“Pfft. Whatever.”

“It's so cold.”

“Yeah. Don’t you think it would be nice to have a fireplace at our home.”

“Fireplaces are for lonely people.”

“How would you know?”

“It’s for people who don’t have a boyfriend or a girlfriend. Look around, how many couples do you see tonight?”

“We’d be here all night if I had to count them all.”

“Bingo! And do you know where all the single people are?”

“Where?”

“They’re all at home near a fireplace because they don’t have a date to hug. It’s too cold outside.”

“Whatever.”

“Why? You don’t believe me?”

“That's such a stupid assumption on so many levels. Then shouldn’t we be at a fireplace then?”

“Huh? You're single?”

“Yeah, I don’t have time for dating.”

“Right… more like you CAN’T find a date hahahaha”

“Shut up before I kick you in the leg.”

“What? Are you embarrassed that I was right? That you can’t find a man of your own?”

“I mean it! Cut it out before I injure you!”

“Alright alright alright! I’ll stop.”

 

Jackso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter