What should I say?

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny and I were making dough for the steamed milk buns. It was a Sunday afternoon and I spent nearly the entire day refining my cooking skills. My mother always told me to improve on many things in order to find a good husband. And the ability to cook was one of them. I’ve read and heard that a man "falls in love" through their stomach. So good food is key. That’s great and all but honestly, I’m still young for marriage but my mother insist I keep an open mind.

 

I was making rolled omelettes and baked potato until Sunny came home. She brought home enough ingredients to make several trays of buns. She explained herself that she wanted to bond closer with everyone by cooking. She seemed a little disappointed that I was the only one home. However we both had fun with each other as time passed. Music was playing and both of us broke out singing along to whatever tunes were blasting through my phone.

 

Luckily we got up to the stage of steaming the buns before someone arrived home. Guk-Joo and Sae-Ho returned from work together. They were nice enough to help with cleaning up the kitchen. A total of 50 buns were cooked and wow. They looked good. I was secretly proud of myself because mine tasted just a bit better than Sunny's (Sunny and I made our own bun mixture). Sae-Ho thought it would be nice to share the milk buns with the neighbours since there was obviously too much. So we did just that. Before splitting them up and packing the buns in foil, I saved two for myself and two for Jackson. I wanted to let him try and see if he'll like it. I wanted to see if a way into a man's heart is really through his stomach.

 

 

 

- - -        

 

 

 

The buns were a hit! We successfully handed out all the buns to each house nearby. It was a bit tiring since I spent hours standing up in the kitchen.

 

After a quick shower, I crashed onto my bed to have a quick rest. I was so close to closing my eyes until I remembered to check my phone. I spent nearly 30 minutes replying to as many messages I could from the KARA fanboard. I really adored our fans, they were so sincere with their comments. It never fails to put a huge smile on my face. Looking up the clock, it was 6:30pm. I giggled. Looks like I didn't end up taking a nap. I wondered if Jackson came home yet. He should be. I looked at my bedside table which had two small containers of milk buns.

 

I was reminded by the other day when Jackson and I waited in the car for Sae-Ho and Dong-Wook to return (who were still shopping). I told myself I would take in more time to decide whether my feelings were true or just temporarily. After that brief moment of reflection, I felt myself wanting to be closer to Jackson. Of course, I needed to keep my chill and hormones in control. Haha. Half of me wanted to stop crushing on Jackson whenever he talks about Song Ga-Yeon from Roommate season one. Apparently she was his ideal type. But whenever he's super nice to me then my mind would automatically change. Times like that is when I wanted to flirt with him to see how he responds. Flirting you say? I was never good at that and I never really tried it on Jackson. Aegyo though, I can do that. But would Jackson freak out? Or would he actually find it adorable?  

 

In the speed of light, I rushed to my make-up pouch and grabbed my hand mirror. I then made faces. Not just any ordinary faces, I was doing aegyo. I tried the famous and all time favourite, the "buing-buing". I was suddenly cut back with the sudden knock on the door.

 

[ Key: Youngji | Jackson (Green) ]

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Youngi! It's me, Jackson."

 

I suddenly went into panic mode and hid my mirror under my pillow. I quickly tried to fix my hair by brushing and re-doing my ponytail. I looked in the mirror. Oops! I needed some colour on my lips to brighten up my face. I picked a light pink colour and did some final adjustments with my hair (again) before opening the door.

 

"Gee what took you so long?"

"Sorry I was… on the phone with my sister. She wouldn't let me hang up."

"Oh sorry for bothering you then."

"No don't be sorry. I was just about to head out anyways. So, what's up?"

"I was wondering if you were free tonight."

"Of course I'm free! I'm always free- ah! Ahahah! I mean yeah…. I guess I’m free."

"You're acting kind of weird these days. Are you okay? Like, you seem kind of nervous or tense. You know, you don't have to act nervous around me for the show."

"Acting...? For the show?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter