Stop Hugging Me!

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had vocal practice today and I wasn’t happy with it. Neither did my vocal trainer. My teacher told me I needed to be perfect; that means countless rehearsals and zero mistakes. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job. But I just can’t help but feel anxious whenever I’m training. Due to the stress I was experiencing, my moods were constantly changing. I could be happy now and super grumpy the next minute.

 

Which reminded me. I had various variety shows to attend to and one of them was Roommate. Being an idol meant juggling a hectic schedule and distractions were a no-no. As if variety shows and interviews were already time consuming, I had to pretend to have a crush on a male idol for the sake of PD-nim. I thought I would have a carefree, relaxing, meaningful time at the house. Who knew I would have a love line? A fake love line with Wang Jackson. I let out a sigh. Am I really ready for this?

 

Before heading to bed that night, the PD had messaged me. He needed to see the both of us for our first rehearsal of our first “love line” scene. It was late and I doubt Jackson would be awake. I decided to tell him the next morning. I was shocked at the fact that we had to practice our relationship. I mean, come on! This isn’t a Korean drama we’re talking about. This is a variety show where scripts are only kept to a minimal. I guess we have no choice since Jackson and I don’t have a natural “lovey-dovey” chemistry so rehearsals would help make our acting more realistic. Since we promised the PD that we wouldn’t tell anyone about this, I decided to find a place outside of the Roommate house by checking out a couple of websites. Hotels and motels were too fancy. Café and restaurants were too exposing. I then came up with a place that no one would suspect, a karaoke place. Random, I know.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The next morning, I woke up extra early since I had practice with the Kara members at 7. It was 6:15am and I already finished washing up. Walking down the stairs, I remembered I needed to notify Jackson about meeting the PD this afternoon. I stood outside of Jackson and Kang-Joon’s bedroom. Not sure if I should knock, I opened up the bedroom door instead. It seems like Kang-Joon was already off to work and Jackson was still in bed. I secretly walked to the camera and switched it off. The PD did tell me to turn off cameras if I ever discuss “the plan” with Jackson. I couldn’t text him since he doesn’t own a phone. I couldn’t leave a sticky note behind either since the others might see it. There was only one way to do this and it was to tell him in person.

 

Quietly tip-toeing to Jackson’s bed become nerve wrecking. I was scared Kang-Joon would suddenly pop out from nowhere and see me. I shook my head, I needed to focus and wake him up instead of fearing the worse. Jackson was hugging a pillow and his blanket was up to his waist. I shook his arm gently at first to see if he would wake up. No reaction. The second time, no reaction.

>> Key: Youngi | Jackson

“Psssst! Wake up. I need to tell you something.”

 

He still wouldn’t wake up. It was obvious he was in deep sleep. I took his hugging pillow away from his arms of which he frowned upon, with his eyes still shut. I shook him three times by the arm and the unexpected happened. Within seconds, he grabbed my hand, pulled me in and I fell right into his arms, on his bed. This cannot be happening! If only I didn’t take away his pillow, I wouldn’t be in this state!  

 

“Jackson, psssst! Wake up!”

“Mmmmm… i.. mmm.. am… from.. got7…. Mama …. I miss.. you …. Hmmm…”

“Hey! Are you sleep talking right now? Hey! Wake up! I. Can’t. Move!”

 

I was still whispering for the sake of not getting caught from the other roommates. I tried my best not to squeal everytime Jackson hugged me tighter. He must have thought I was a pillow until I kicked him from behind (my back was against his chest). 

 

“OW WHAT THE- WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHY ARE YOU HUGGING ME? WHAT ARE YOU- WHY ARE YOU ON MY BED?”

“SHHHH!! No wait! You got it all wrong. First of all, you pulled me in.”

“What a lame excuse. Why would I do something like that?”

“Um, I don’t know??? You should be telling me why. Did you actually think I was a pillow or something? Or… did you do that on purpose?”

“What? You actually thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter