Playful Hour

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five O’Clock and all three of us were sitting together. I chose a karaoke place that had the best soundproof rooms (according to reviews). It was good that the people outside wouldn’t know whether we were using the room for singing or not. In our case, we were discussing a few scenes for Jackson and I to act on screen. One of the scripts include going to the beach to catch some eels with fellow members Jong-Ok, Nana, Dong-Wook and Min-Woo. I thought to myself, how would you even flirt in that kind of environment? Doesn’t seem romantic in any way.

 

[ Key: PD | Jackson | Youngji ]

“This will be in episode 9. I want you and Jackson to play with each other very intimately.”

“How intimate?”

“Well, I’ll let you decide how far you want to go.”

“PD-nim, we’re going to catch eels and you want us to get close? How’s that possible?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll find a way.”

“How?”

“Easy. While you’re trying your best to catch some eels, I’ll push you down and you’ll fall in the mud. Sounds exciting don’t you think?”

“Is that the best plan you have in your mind right now?”

“I like the idea.”

“Of course you like the idea. You like anything that makes you laugh.”

“Jackson, you should treat her like a lady.”

“Oh no not this again.”

“PD-nim, I’m afraid we need more than an hour to discuss this… since it’s only us three working for a JackJi segment. Oh, and Jackson isn’t much of a help if you haven’t yet noticed.”

“This is so lame.”

“Stop complaining you two!”

“When am I going to be super famous? When is GOT7 going to be top of the music charts? We want our trophy! We want our spotlight!”

“Patience, Jackson! One does not simply become famous overnight. Man, I need some refreshments. You guys stay here. I’m going to buy some drinks. Be back in 15 minutes.”

 

Jackson groaned as the PD furiously scratched his head and head out the door. Everyone was tired and totally confused with what to do. I constantly had to remind myself that I’m doing this for the sake of Jackson. We argue over the smallest things but not much people know that we actually care about each other. Like that one time he offered me a piggyback ride when I injured my foot. If Jackson wasn’t there, I wouldn’t know what to do. It may sound simple and all but it was actually really sweet. I smiled at the thought. Shuffling closer to Jackson; I patted his shoulders.

 

“You know, there’s actually a GOT7 fan around here.”

“Who?”

“She’s at the front counter. She was watching your latest music video when I came in.”

“Yeah. I have fans here and there. She didn’t recognise me since I was all covered up- But why are you suddenly telling me this?”

“What I’m trying to say is that you have enough fans. That girl is among them. Why do you want to be so popular for? Isn’t a small group better than nothing?”

“There’s many reasons. It feels good to have people scream out your name. You feel like you are surrounded by a bundle of lovers, supporters and friends. Fans are like a family. Sure they come and go. But those who stay are often the ones that go through the best and rough times with you. I just want to help my team (GOT7) to really experience that together.”

“It’s not just for the fame you’re after?”

“Well, yeah. I also want to make JYP proud since he’s so nice to me.”

“Guess what.”

“What?”

“You lack patience. You are quick-tempered. You speak weird Korean that no one really understands. And… you’re bit of a show-off…”

“Gee, that was random of you. Are you dissing me?”

“…But you’re not that bad of a person.”

“Oh, thanks?”

 “Yeah. I wasn’t finished with my sentence. See! Dude, you really lack patience.”

“Hey Youngji.”

“Yes?”

“Are you falling for me?”

“Shut up.”

“What? Are you starting to find me charming?”

“Whatever. You’re out of your dirty mind.”

“Of course you’re falling for me. We’ve already hit it off. Remember this morning? We were in bed together?”

“Pfft! You pulled me in.”

“And you stayed with me.”

“Ew, yeah for like 2 seconds until I kicked you?”

“There’s a difference between 0 and 2 seconds. You stayed with me.”

“Um… Jackson? Why are you bringing this up?”

“Because your face gets red and it’s hilarious. You look like a… um.. what’s it called again? Ah yes! A tomato.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter