Eloquent Words

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doorbell rung twice. Guk-Joo rushed downstairs to collect the fried chicken that she had ordered. Nana went downstairs to grab some soju. Jackson and Kang-Joon were already home and decided to join us. The rest of the people were either at work or have gone out to eat. I was still in the middle of taking a shower and it won’t be over until I wash my hair. Reaching out for the shampoo, I realised that we have ran out. “Ugh, this is so not happening” I thought to myself.  I wrapped myself with a bath towel. I walked out of the shower to the change room where I remembered boxes of shampoo, conditioner and soap were packed and delivered to the house. I could hear Jackson and Kang-Joon knocking on the bedroom door. Not wanting to keep them waiting, I yelled as loud as I can and told them to come in while I walked back into the shower.

 

>> Jackson's point of view:

[ Key: Jackson | Kang-Joon ]

 

Kang-Joon gave me a smile and a nudge. He raised his eyebrows. I scoffed and went straight to Guk-Joo's bed.

 

"Dude, why don't you sit on Youngji's bed?"

"Because she doesn't let me."

"Why? You guys shouldn't be shy about this."

"Hyung. Can we not talk about this?"

"I reckon you should be more of a man."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh my god. Okay fine. Sit down my friend. I have a lot to teach you."

"Oh wow, so you're an expert in these type of things. Man, I always thought you were quiet but you're actually a dating expert."

"I'd like to think I am."

"Okay then. What do you got for me to know?"

"Girls and their preference. Girls like a guy that will take charge in everything."

"Such as?"

"Dude, I'm talking about everything. From making dating plans, buying couple things to late night-"

"LATE NIGHT?! Are you talking about... something dirty?"

"Ah... well yeah. Dude come on. We're grown men. Talking about these things is perfectly normal."

"I don't think me and Youngji are up to that stage yet."

"What? You mean you guys haven't done that yet?"

"Uh... no. Can you please leave your dirty mind outside?"

"Dude. You’re heating up with excitement, aren’t you?."

"Shut up!"

"No, I mean it. Your face just got really red."

"No. I'm just hot… because this room is… hot."

"Right. You mean you blushed because you had dirty thoughts? Hahaha dude. Embrace it. We can't control our hormones sometimes. Just relax."

"It's all your fault."

"Hahaha! Blame yourself."

“Why can’t you pretend you don’t know anything about me and Youngji.”

“Hey! It’s not my fault I catched the two of you sneaking out to the garage during the Christmas Party! Luckily I was the only one that saw you two. The other guys could’ve seen you! Luckily I distracted them from seeing.”

“Okay okay okay. I get it. You’re a great roommate.”

“You forgot something else.”

“Oh… of course. You’re also a good person who helps his friends.”

“Bingo.”

“Ugh.”

“But dude come on, when did you started to like her?”

“You want the truth?”

“Duh?”

“I felt something different towards on that day we had a picnic. I don't know, I felt attracted to her. I only to grab her attention. I didn’t realised I liked her until we started to hang out with just the two of us.”

“Oh… but you're always teasing other people too. I couldn't tell the difference”

“It's my way of getting close to people. Youngji is different because I'm attracted to her. I'm actually more conscious of the things I say to her.”

“What did you like about her?”

“She wasn’t afraid to show her true self. She had a care free attitude. I think that’s awesome for a girl. I mean, what's not to like about her?”

“Well, took you long enough to confess to her.”

“Hyung. I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to love and all. One thing I am sure about is how much I like being around Youngji.”

 

Suddenly I could hear Youngji closing the bathroom doors. She walked out with fresh new pink and blue polkadots pyjamas. Her sleeves covered her arms and her shorts showed her legs. Her hair was still dripping wet from the shower. She smelt exactly like a basket of roses. I couldn't keep my eyes away from her. It was ridiculous because she was literally wearing her everyday pyjamas. That was all it takes for my heart to pound faster by every glance. She smiled at me sweetly and smiled even more cutely at Kang-Joon. I gave a death glare to Kang-Joon and mouthed "don't you dare, Youngji can only smile at me." Kang-Joon chuckled and nodded his head. Nana and Guk-Joo came in with the food. Guk-Joo took a long time due to her attraction towards the delivery guy. Nana came out to have a glance and admitted he was a total cutie. Youngji unintentionally sat next to me. She poured everyone their drinks but didn't let me help. After finishing all of the fried chicken, we all played a game of truth or dare.

 

[ Key: Nana | Guk-Joo | Jackson | Kang-Joon | Youngji ]

 

"Let's spin the empty bottle and see who gets the first turn."

"Ahhh~ Kang-Joon it's your turn! Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to kiss the person who you think is the most beautiful in this room!"

"No! I'm not going to do that!"

"Kiss them!"

"Fine. *Kisses his own hand lol*"

"What the heck?!"

"Hey! Don’t judge. I honestly think I’m the most beautiful here."

"Fine! Fine! Fine! Next is... *spins bottle* ...Nana!"

"I pick dare."

"I dare you to dance a crazy version of Catellena!"

"Too easy~ *cue exaggerated dance moves*"

"Whoooo! My turn! My turn! *Spins bottle and it points to Jackson*"

"Okay... truth or dare?"

"Truth. Wait, no! I pick dare."

"I dare you to... stay in the laundry room...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter