Jackson's Tears

More Than Seven Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The upbeat share house has never experienced this kind of warmth before. Laughter and happiness spread across the entire house where family and friends gathered for a party. The air was infused with the pleasant smell of marinated ribs, sizzling sausages, fried eggs and fresh kimchi. It was enough to salivate just by standing outside the front entrance. My stomach growled with the need of yummy food. I exchanged hugs with my mother and gave her a peck on the cheeks. I was glad they could come and have a glimpse of where I would spend most of my time at. My sister bought over a basket of fruit and everyone was delighted to see her thoughtfulness. Ha! If only she was this thoughtful to me whenever I’m at home. I led my sister and mother into my room where we would have tonight’s home prepared dinner. My sister and I invited Jong-Ok to sit with us. She was more than joyful to join. I gave my mother another hug and told her to make herself extra comfortable while I get some drinks and extra kimchi.

 

I walked past the kitchen table where Jackson was sitting at. He saw me and exchanged a sweet smile at me as he stood up from his chair. He gave my sister a high-five and introduced himself to her. We both laughed at Jackson when he thought we were twins and joked that he couldn’t tell us apart. Jackson bowed a couple of times before he headed to the fridge to get some drinks for Joon-Hyung and Jin-Young (JYP). My sister gave me a sudden nudge as she told me she would go upstairs first and leave me alone. I walked over to the fridge with Jackson. After we filled in our cups with corn silk tea. Jackson suddenly whispered something into my ear of which I couldn’t catch on. He pulled me by the hand and led me to the kitchen back door into the share house's garage. He shut the door close and gently pushed me against the door. Without a single word, he leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

 

[ Key: Youngji (bold) | Jackson ]

 

"You must be addicted to me or something."

"I never said I was."

"Words don't need to justify it."

"You think I'm obsessed with you because I kissed you?"

"Duh... what else."

"I must be crazy. Why would I like someone who I always end up fighting with?"

"I ask myself the same question… when did you started to like me?"

"I should be asking you that! When did YOU started to like me? Was it the first night we stayed here when I heard you say you wanted to see my abs*? Hahahahah” (*From chapter 1)

“Don’t…. mention…. it…. And whatever, I asked you first so where’s my answer?”

“I’ll tell you everything later tonight. You can ask anything you like. Even my shoe size since you’d have to start buying me presents."

“You should be the one buying me shoes!”

“Aww… Why do women always want to be the first one to get everything?”

“Rules are rules. I wish I could bicker more with you. It’s so romantic but I must go. My family's waiting for me... They're probably wondering what on else is taking me so long."

"You're lucky though."

"Oh really? Tell me why I’m lucky. Because I’m captured under your spell?"

"Well I guess that would be the case. But another reason why you’re lucky is because you’ve got your mother and sister with you. You have people waiting for you. I don't have anyone waiting for me. At least not tonight."

"Jackson..."

"I’m not asking for your sympathy you know. I’m cool about it. I just… wanted someone to listen."

"You miss them. Every single day. It must have been hard for you."

“Yeah… every day. I’d do anything to meet my parents. Even for a day.”

 

I slowly moved closer to Jackson and wrapped my arms around his waist. I rested my chin on his shoulder and gave him a tight hug. I gently patted his back and that was when he hugged me back. I knew I had no power to bring his parents to South Korea but there’s definitely one thing I could do for him. Give him a sincere hug. It was hard to admit it but I found myself worrying for Jackson.

 

I know this might be quite a strange moment if other people saw us being this incredibly close. We usually bicker all the time to the point it becomes a hot topic on search engines. Newsflash! Jackson and Youngji don’t always bicker! Yeah, something like that would spread around the internet like crazy. Some people may or may not have suspected but the both of us do have respect for each other. True. I find Jackson annoying and immature at most times. Sometimes I’m confused as to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter