Jessica is Back

A's (Ace)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Niknaks Note: I supposed to upload this at Taeny day but I got tons of work last week..so here it is. :) Enjoy. ;)

Tiffany

I didn’t expect Jessica to get home early. I didn’t answer her question but I greeted her with a warm hug and a kiss on her cheek. I could feel that something was starting to heat up. Good thing Seohyun breaks the ice.

 

 

“Sica Unnie!! You’re back.” Seohyun greeted her with a hug as well.

 

“Hey, Juhyun ah. I miss you.” She greeted her.

 

“We miss you too Unnie!”

 

“Really? Hmm..because of that, go check your room. I got something for you there waiting.”

 

“Really? Yay! Thanks, Unnie.”

 

And my sister run off leaving me and Jessie alone.

 

"Tiffany," she greeted me. "Anything new you want to tell me about?"

 

I gave her a cautious smile, walking pass her, and went to our small living room. "I take it you heard from Yuri?"

 

“That one at the party is another story for us to tackle. What I’m meant is right now. You and Kim. That you've been spending time with her even though we’ve talked about this before.” she asked, giving me a tight smile.

 

“Look, Jessi, I—,” Sigh. “It’s not what you think, she just offers to help me pick up Seohyun to school since her sister is also studying there and she’s also picking her up.”

 

"Tiff, I just want to know that you’re aware of what you're doing," Jessica said. She sounded tired, which felt condescending to me.

 

I gave her a forced smile. "I know, okay? I know that we’re living in two different worlds and I know that I’m not worthy to be her friends but that’s according to them. That’s—That’s not what  Taeyeon thought of me."

 

Jessica released a sigh and brought her hand to her temple. "But those people can hurt you, Tiff, those people can do things to hurt you just because you’re close to her.”

 

“I can protect myself, Jess! I can’t let them control or decide whom I speak to anymore. I’m done avoiding complications. I’m willing to fight for our friendship now.”

 

Jessica gave me a steady look. "How sure you are that she's thinking of you as just a friend. Don’t be naive.. she may be hoping that it turns out to be more than friendship."

 

My heart started thumping wildly at Jessica's words. I’m not that naive, it also crosses my mind that what if..what if Taeyeon was attracted to me, but thinking that it might be true made me weak in the knees. I had never felt that way before, knowing that someone was interested in me. Usually, I just try to ignore it and avoid the situation since love was never in my priority list.

 

"You and I both know that's not going to happen," I murmured.

 

Jessica just stared at me. "Look, Tiff, I don't want you to feel like I'm stopping you from doing what you like. I didn’t intend to make you feel that you’re not worthy to be her friend. Because the truth is, even I don’t deserve you as a friend. You’re too good for people. And because of that, it makes you vulnerable to others."

 

“Hey, don’t say that you don’t deserve me. You are one of the kindest people I know, so don’t say things like that.”

 

"Sorry," Jessica said. Her voice was softer now that she could see the sincerity in my eyes. "Now come here’ give me a hug. You don’t have any idea how you made me worried last time."

 

I knew Jessica just trying to protect me, but my friendship with Taeyeon is something that I really wanted as well. Especially now that I knew who she really is. She’s the first best friend I ever had. The first person who showed me genuine kindness. She had affected me, already, in a way that nobody had really ever done before. I didn't know what it was, except the longings of the friendship that I thought I lost. And I didn't want to lose it.

 

"If you really want to befriend her then go on," Jessica said. She did have genuine sincerity in her voice. "I may not like the idea, but for you, I’ll try to get along.” Jessica paused, and then released a defeated sigh. "Things that I’d do for you."

 

"Thanks Jess," I answered, keeping my voice cool so she wouldn’t suspect that I’m too excited."She's a good person, I hope you could know her more."

 

Jessica gave me a kind smile. "You know, despite everything I've said, Tiff, maybe it's good it’s her."

 

I was skeptical. "Wha—What do you mean? You’re glad it’s her?”

 

Jessica folds her arms around her chest. “Isn’t her your long time friend? The one you’ve been thinking about when we’re young?”

 

“Ho—How did you know about it? I haven’t told you yet about it.”

 

“Seohyun fill me up with some information when you are staying at her house. She saw some pictures of Taeyeon when she was young and she told me how it resembles the picture you have at home. So, I try to patch things up and see whether they’re really the same person. And I guess I’m right,” Jessica sits down at the chair while crossing her legs. “So, care to fill me up what’s really going on with the both of you.”

 

I sigh. “Like what I’ve said, nothings going on with us aside from being friends. We haven’t actually talked about it but I guess the mutual understanding that we are friends now is given.”

 

Jessica nodded. She moves closer to me and leaned over and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Alright," she said. "I guess I’ll be seeing them more often now then as well."

 

I gave Jessica a grateful nod. "I think so, too."

 

"Just remember, if she hurt you—or anyone related to her, I’ll cut her out."

 

I chuckle. I didn't need her threats. "Don’t worry, I’m a big girl now," I mumbled when Jessica left me, “It’s me who might hurt her, though."

 

 

It feels like another day. Jessie and I went together to school after we send Seohyun to hers.

 

“You can go ahead and put your things in your locker. I’ll meet you there once I park the car.” Jessica said.

 

“Alright, see you in a bit.”

 

 The moment I walk in the hallway going to my locker. I felt a weird aura. Some people were staring at me again.

 

“Hey Tiffany,” two girls greeted when I passed.

 

“Uhm..Hey.” I smiled awkwardly and continued walking.

 

“What’s up Tiffany?” four girls called from my left.

 

“Fine. Thanks,” I replied, nodding my head to them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter