Trip down to memory Lane

A's (Ace)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: SPOILER ALERT!! TAEYEON WAS NOT ABLE TO SAVE TIFFANY. Sorry guys. ;(

Tiffany

I woke up to the softest pillow I have ever laid my head-on. My eyes didn’t flutter open like it usually did. Instead, I enjoyed the softness a little while longer with my eyes closed. My face was pressed on the feathery marshmallow pillow. I inhaled deeply, loving its creamy scent. Were pillows supposed to smell like my favorite coffee? I burrowed my head on the thing and gripped it tighter to me. Then suddenly I remember. I am at a party last night. My eyes opened in a snap. Then I realize I was not in my room. I am with that smug face look kind of a guy. I immediately check myself under the cover and suddenly I feel like I was hit by a truck. My clothes..my clothes are gone.

Silent tears. How did I let this happen?  

Like a broken tape, the events the other night played in my head. Nichk! Nichk dragged me outside the party. Nichk sniffing me at my neck. Nichk trying to me and my neck. I gasped. I immediately bolt up sitting at the bed. Which I regret immediately as my head started to feel like bursting. My surrounding feels like spinning as well. I didn’t try to look around, all that matters to me is to get out of the place as soon as possible. I wanted to cry but my motivation to get out is more strong than my emotion. I was about to remove the blanket that covered my body when the door of the room gently open and I notice it was a lady, Mrs Hye? What is she doing here?

I try to stand up but failed to do so. So she immediately runs for assistance. “Hey, you okay Tiffany?” she gently asks. "Why are you crying my child?"

“Where am I? What are you doing here Mrs Hye?”

“Hush..Sit down young lady. You don’t look okay. Here, drink this medicine. I’m sure it will help you to feel better.”

I didn’t understand what is happening, but I took the medicine that she gave me.

“Where am I?”

“Let’s lower our voice-first can we? We might wake up Taeyeon over there. I think she just sleeps just now.” She smiled.

I follow her sight of direction and there I see a figure on the sofa wrap with a blanket and sleeping soundly.

“That’s Taeyeon?”

Mrs Hye nods her head and wipes my tears. “I was about to tell her to get some sleep and I’ll look after you. But that kid is so stubborn, she said you might be confused when you wake up and so she wanted to be awake when you woke up. But maybe her body couldn’t take it anymore so she finally fell asleep.”

 “Are you..are you the one who change my clothes?” I ask shyly. Please say yes or I won’t be able to look at Taeyeon if she’s the one who does it.

“Yes dear.”

“Th..Thank you Mrs Hye.”

“I didn’t do anything much for you to thank me. That girl does all the hard work. She even carries you all by herself and wipes your face.”

“I..I..I will thank her once she’s awake then.” I said shyly.

Mrs Hye smiled at me. “Do you think you can join us for breakfast? Yoona and your sister are at the kitchen right now having breakfast.”

“Oh..I..I..love too.”

“If you want to use the bathroom. There are new towels inside the washroom. I think Taeyeon prepared some clothes for you as well. Join us downstairs when you’re ready.” She left the room, squashing all possibilities for arguments.

When the door clicked close, I darted to the bathroom and locked the door. I scanned the area. It was glamorous. The elevated Jacuzzi on the far corner looked more like a small pool. One of the walls was replaced with glass, which made me wonder if people could see me outside. Maybe not. Knowing how Taeyeon loved her privacy, I bet it was a one-sided glass where you could view the outside without being seen inside.

After doing my bathroom business, I went to the walk-in closet which was connected to the big bathroom. It was thrice the size of my bedroom. Jessica’s room is big but Taeyeon’s room is huge. Nothing was surprising about it since she was rich as well.  But what was someone like me doing here? Taeyeon was kinder than I originally thought. I notice a blue cami, a grey cardigan, and tight jeans. She laid out new underwear for me to use as well. I grabbed it and wore it quickly. We were almost the same size.

When I was finished, I went back to the room. There is a black wooden desk but nothing in there except for a purple laptop. The huge TV attached to the wall on the right. And the bed where I slept minutes ago is large and soft looking. I walked to it and arranged the comforter and pillows. Now I realize how it smelled like her.

My eyes traveled inevitably to the purple wall. I notice the drawings of two cute children playing in a yard. I walked over and observed the pictures, becoming more and more interested as the details appeared clearer. The children looked really familiar. So was the backdrop. I wondered why.

The first artwork showed a small girl playing with two dogs. The second artwork depicted a boy standing in front of a girl while fixing the girl's hair. The third picture was one that showed the two children standing back to back with each other. While the last drawing revealed the boy giving something to the girl, a handkerchief? What a weird drawing. It seemed to tell a story.

I walked around the room, determined to know more about Taeyeon’s personality. Something on her desk pulled me to the spot. I thought previously that only her laptop was perched there but I was wrong. A small picture frame was also on top of the table. The curious part of me looks closely. I was stunned at who it was. I was expecting to see a family photo. Something you could usually put in a frame. I glanced back at the artworks of the two children, they somehow look the same. But then it hits me, this picture. It is the same picture I have at home. A picture of me and Tae-Tae when we were young. Then I look at the drawings again. They really look like the same children in the picture.

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon said. I squeaked in surprise.

She was sitting on the sofa, rubbing her eyes, and now looking at me. Taeyeon walked to me and look at what I am holding. I don’t know how she has the same picture as me, and what’s more, bothering me is why would she frame it like it was too precious for her. “Wh.. who's in the picture?”

Her eyes found mine. She held my gaze for a moment before glancing at the picture frame that I am holding. “It’s my most prized possession Tiffany. It’s me and my best friend.” I caught the wistfulness in her voice.

“Taeyeon...This picture..the..the girl on the right is me. I have the same picture of this at home.”

I was surprised when tears fall from her eyes and I got a little worried. “Hey, Taeyeon..are you okay?’’

“You..you didn’t forget?” she asks trembling.

“Forget what?”

“This picture..do you..do you remember the girl on the left?”

“Girl?” I asked confused. “This is Tae, his a boy,” I respond.

She looks a little shocked. “You..you..still think I’m a boy?”

I’m not sure if we both understand what was we are talking about. I’m not sure if it is because of the drinks I had last night and so it seems like I can’t follow our conversation. “Taeyeon..you said..you said you’re the one on the left..is that means your Tae?” I hesitantly ask.

She nods her head. “It’s me..Tae..your Tae-Tae.”

“But Tae-Tae is a boy..How..how did it happen? Did you..did you undergone some—

Taeyeon shook her head. “I..I thought you saw it already?”

“Saw what?”

“When I was changing my clothes..that’s why you avoid me right? Because you saw that I’m a girl and not a boy.”

“What..no..I..The reason I avoid you before is that I thought..I thought..you hide to me that..You also like dressing up as a girl.”

“What?..No..I—” She stared longingly at the picture, then back to me. Her eyes searched mine. “Tiffany I am a girl. Ever since the day we met.”

“But..but..you said—

“I’m sorry..I..I should have told you from the start. It’s just that I don’t want to disappoint you and I got scared if you found out that I’m not someone you tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter