Face off

A's (Ace)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Thank you for patiently waiting for the update and I'm sorry if I don't have a standard way of writing since I'm not really a writer. I just write whenever an idea strike on me or if I'm bored. :) So yeah' thanks for the support. ;)

 

“Come on Juhyun-ah’ we’re going to be late”.

 

“Coming Unnie!”.

 

I hope it will be a great day ahead of us. The moment I open the door I was surprised to see four men who look like the street builder in front of our house. Wait, why are they removing our house gate.

 

“Unnie, why are those guys removing our gate?’’

 

“Huh, I..I don’t know, wait here.”

 

“Unnie, is there something wrong? Are we in trouble?”

 

“No Hyun, don’t worry, just, just call your Sica Unnie to check where is she now”.

 

“Okay, Unnie.”

 

“Excuse me, Sir, uhm this is private property. Those gates are ours. Why are you removing it?”

 

“Oh, Good morning Ms. Hwang, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

 

“Uhm..How did you know my name and you’re not answering my question, Sir? Those gates are private property, why are you removing it?”

 

“Oh’ My apology for not informing you beforehand. My name is Cho Insung, I’m an engineer. If I’m not mistaken, according to our data that we gather to the city office is you are Miss Tiffany Hwang. You’re grandmother owns this house and now that she’s gone, you and you’re sister are now the owner of this house. And to answer the last question, Uhm..well..uhm, we are not removing your gate. Instead, we’re replacing it.”

 

“Huh? Why? I’m sorry but I didn’t remember calling any company to replace our gate. I don’t even have the money to pay you for just fixing it.”

“Oh, you don’t need to worry about the payment, it was all sorted.”

 

“All sorted?,” I ask “By whom?”

 

“Uhmm,.well,.the town mayor uhm has this project to fix some road and your gate was included to the project.”

 

“What? Why would a private property be included in a community project like that?”

 

“Uhm, well,.it’s for the town safety. To make sure that everyone living in this town is protected.”

 

“Oh,. wow. That was a very great project then. I never heard that the Mayor has that project, but it was very generous of the Mayor to include some private property.”

 

“Of course Mam. Uhm, well if I may add, we could also replace the flooring of your house. I heard- I mean from what I observe your house looks really old and I believe some structures in there might need some replacement or moreover, it needs a renovation.”

 

“Renovation!? As much as I can agree to you Sir but, I cannot pay for a renovation.”

 

“No worries Miss Hwang, that can be sorted. All we need is you’re go signal.”

 

“Wait, how could you say I don’t need to worry, for sure if I decided to renovate my house, I’m going to spend a lot of money for that.”

 

 “No Mam, that can be settled.”

 

“By whom?”

 

“Uhm..by the City Mayor?”

 

“What about the City Mayor?” My best friend Jessica interject.

 

“Jessie!” Good thing Jessica arrive already. I’m starting to get confused about what this man is telling me. I started to think that maybe they’re a thug who disguises themselves as community worker to take some money from me after replacing our gate. Which I didn’t ask them for.

 

“What are these people doing outside your house Tiff?”

 

“They said they’re replacing my gate because it was included in some project that the City Mayor started.”

 

“Really? I never heard of that project.”

 

“Well, it was just new Mam, we just started here.”

 

“At exactly this house?” My friend Jessica asks.

 

“Uhm. Yes, mam.”

 

“You said it was the City mayor who asks you to do this?”

 

“Ye-yes Mam.”

 

“Alright, let me call my god-father then.”

 

“Oh’ yeah I remember you said he was your father’s best friend and your god-father too.”

 

“Yes, so let me check.”

 

“No!!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter