Part 2 of Here comes Trouble

A's (Ace)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Niknaks Note: So, as for the title..this is just a short clip on the second part of Here comes Trouble. ;) Enjoy.

Taeyeon

“Babe, why the cold shoulder?” she asked from behind. “Hey, sweetheart.” I walk briskly like I was alone. I turn to a room and use my privilege pass to use the room so we could talk in private. Her footsteps alerted me that she was getting nearer. “I’m serious about us Taeyeon. I really want you. Come on, don’t tell me you’re acting this way just because of that good for nothing girl. She’s nothing like us.” Her warm breath against my ear felt uncomfortable. I leaned away and glared at her.

“Kim Seol-hyun!”  I said, frustrated. “Don’t speak about Tiffany as if you knew her. And I’m not your babe! Your sweetheart or whatever you try to call me. Please don’t call me like that again. It’s not only annoying, but it also throws me off-track. You call Yuri, Yuri Unnie. Why can’t you just call me Unnie as well? I’m older than you. I know it was a mistake for me to allow you to call me by my name and drop the honorifics, so please, don’t call me anything but Taeyeon.” There, I said it to her. Maybe she’d get the hint and leave me alone. Did she have to call me that every chance she got?

She lowered her eyes and twirled a lock of her long straight hair with a finger before glancing back at me. “I’m sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. I know I was a for being so rude, but it’s because I really like you Taeyeon. All I’m asking is a chance. You know that we’re meant for each other. We look good together. I’m popular and I have money too. Unlike that low cla—

 

I shook my head. “Stop right there. I already told you my answer a year ago. And if you’re only doing this for popularity, please don’t. You’re popular already. You don’t need me for that.”

“O-of course not.” Her eyes widened innocently. “Look, this is not just about me Taeyeon. I’m also doing this for your own good. I don’t want you to be associated with that girl. She’s a big trouble. I heard lots of rumors about her. And to my surprised, there’s also a rumor that you’re interested in her. To the point that you expel some students for her favor. Since when did you become so involved with others business?”

I stopped her with a stare. “Of all people you should know better' rumors are made up of people who have nothing better to do. They are twisted lies.”

“Oh my God. Well, I guess not this one. Since when did you become good with words? Just for defending this girl, you would go this far. I guess you’re really interested in her. So, it’s true. You expel those students for her sake.”

“Tiffany has nothing to do with it. It was the principal's decision to expel those students for committing a serious offense. They are not the victim as they claim.”

“But you have something to do with it. Am I right?”

I sigh. “I don’t need to explain to you what happens. But leave Tiffany out of it.”

“ I will do that if you will just give me a chance. Let’s date. No innuendo. Just like the old ti—

I stop her. “You still don’t understand do you Seolhyun? What I offer to you before is pure friendship, if I knew that you feel something for me from that time I wouldn't have go out with you.”

“Why?! Why can’t you just give me a chance? It’s because of that girl is it! That Tiffany!” She raised her voice. “I’m way much better than her!. Why can’t you see that!”

“Please lower your voice.” I sensed another argument brewing. “Do not talk about Tiffany like you knew her. What you probably knew is just superficial.” I stared pointedly at her for emphasis. She didn’t object so I continued. “I don’t care what others think of her. Those people don’t matter to me. If you think that social status is important to me then you can’t even qualify to be my friend. I go with my instinct instead. I rely on their character and how they treat people who have nothing to offer to them.”

I could see she clench her fist. “Character?” She scrunched her nose. “Character can be deceiving Taeyeonie. If you’re just going to fall just because she gave you the butterfly thingy. That’s like eww.” Seolhyun fanned her face with her hands.

I feel sorry for this kid. “Only shallow-minded individuals think that Seolhyun. Are you shallow?”

My question caught her off-guard. She looked uncomfortable for a moment but soon regained confidence in herself. “O-of course I’m not. Duh! But I’m not a hypocrite. I can’t help myself if I’m attracted to beautiful people. But I also believe that love it’s not the foundation of a good relationship. Love can’t hold a relationship alone. People need power, stability, and good genes.”

Here we go again.

“Then it’s clear that we have different views.” I walk pass her and walk my way out. “Look, when you’re ready to accept my answer, just call me and we might be friends. I can’t give you want you want from me because I really don’t see you that way. I’m sorry but we cannot hang out anymore until you learn to accept my answer. I don’t want to give you any false hope or mixed signals so please let’s just keep our distance. “

I left the room without waiting for her response.

 When I’m halfway to the hallway, I reach my phone in my pocket and send a message to Yuri asking her to meet me at my house after dinner. Once I sent the message. I call Tiffany.

“Hello,” said a familiar voice. Butterflies emerged on my stomach. Unbelievably, she could do that to me even when we were apart.

“Hey, Fany-ah..Uhm..I hope you didn’t leave without me?” Though I tried to sound casual, my high-pitched voice betrayed me. When would I stop embarrassing myself in front of this girl?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter