Red Light

A's (Ace)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sigh as I remember that today I don’t need to pick-up Seohyun at her school because she will go directly to Yoona’s house after their class. I told her after I help the group to attend that party then I will go to Kim’s house to pick her up. Jessica left an extra phone for me to use it for international calls. She said that I could use it for me to be able to call her anytime while she’s out of the country. It was a big help, because of that, I lend Seohyun my phone and told her to contact me if anything happens.

“Hey, just checking you out, did you arrive safely?”

“Hi Unnie! Yes, Unnie we are here at Yoona’s house. Mrs. Hye said she prepared some snacks so we can eat while doing our homework.”

“Oh, lucky you.”

“Send my gratitude to them. I will pick you up as soon as I help my friends to get in the party.”

“Unnie, hmm...I told you, you can go too if you want. You don’t have to be in a hurry.”

“We talk about this already. I don’t have any plans on going. So, sorry to cut off your time with your best friend but your Unnie also wants to spend some time with you. So, wait for me okay.”

“Okay Unnie.”

“See you later. ;) ”

"Love you kiddo."

"Love you too."

 

. . . . .

Vi said he's going to pick up everyone as he was able to borrow his Dad’s company car. I was the last one to be picked up. I could see the excitement of everyone about the party. But I could honestly feel my IQ dropping as I wondered, for the hundredth time, why I’d let myself agree to this. If Jessica would know this, she’ll gonna kill me for sure.

I left my sister to someone else’s care. Though she was with her best friend and Mrs. Hye seems really kind to offer her help, still, I’m not comfortable with leaving my sister to someone else.

The moment we arrived I figured everyone would get disappointed if I told them that attending this party is like looking for trouble. I mean seriously, where was the fun in all of this? Sure! Maybe we’ll have meaningful discussions about politics and philosophy while we bump ’n grind. Ugh. Yeah, right. The Party, which they said as orientation and getting to know each other the party, is just a façade for some students to get drunk and do whatever they want. I try to hold myself and give a benefit of the doubt that, maybe just maybe, it’s a safe party for everyone to enjoy.

“Guys, like what I told you before, I’m just going to help you get in, then I need to leave. Please, be careful alright, you can have fun and enjoy but be responsible as well.”

 

“Vi, since you brought your dad’s car, make sure you don’t drink, okay. Please promise me you’ll protect each other alright.”

...

“Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Fanny Unnie.”

“Great, now let’s go.”

"Are you sure you don’t really wanna go Unnie.”

“Sorry, my sister is waiting for me.”

“We understand Unnie, and thank you for helping us.”

“No worries, just be safe okay.”

“Will do Unnie.”

 

When we went to the entrance, I gave the invitation to the big guy at the door.

“Hi Sir, here is our invitation.”

The guy on the right took the paper and without even reading. He looks at me and my friends. He nods to another guy behind us.

“Are you Ms. Hwang?” He asked,

“Yes, Sir.”

“Alright, you can come in.” He nods to his companion and the guy behind us spoke.

“Come with me Ms. Hwang, Ms. Chen is waiting for you inside.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not actually attending. I just came here so my friends can go in since according to Ms. Chen I should be the one to present the invitation so my friends could get in.”

“Is that so, well the instruction that Ms. Chen has given us is you need to still get inside to fill up some registration form.”

She didn’t inform us about the registration and I started to feel a little suspicious. I try to look around and I saw how most of the people there are already giving us some dirty and degrading look. And I didn’t want my friends to be the center of attention and so I decided to just follow the rules and finish it as soon as possible.

“Alright Sir, please lead the way.”

“This way then.”

While walking I heard the first guy try to make a quick call into his earpiece. “Tell Ms. Chen, Ms. Hwang is about to go in.”

I could immediately notice that we are out of place. I feel like we enter some kind of sorority and fraternity induction. Three blue-eyed, platinum blondes bubbled around the entrance. Four African-American girls with identical deep toffee skin tones chatted up at the bar. Every nationality, hair color, and body

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter