Chapter 12: Smile for me

This time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jungkook, what-“ I whisper to him as he hides with me in the grass pulling me close and shushing me carefully before carefully nudging his head to the centre of the field.

Above danced a thousand of little lights, glistening brightly in the sky as down below a little girl sat giggling at them with the widest and cutest smile I have ever seen. The little girl looks strangely familiar as her hair twirls around with every turn of her head, I find myself slowly remembering as a little white pup runs across the field straight into the warm embrace of her.

“Wolfie!” I whisper as the girl shouts it in glee.

When I look at Jungkook, I see a tear roll down his cheek as he looks at the memory fondly before looking at me with a warm smile.

Without thinking, I immediately hug him tightly and caress his hair. “Wolfie, you never left me did you? You good boy…” I choke a little on my words as I carry on remembering.

This is the place where our friendship began but this is also the place where it ended. I still remember his hurt face as he ran away from me, The weak and fragile looking limp as he dragged himself through the pelting and smacking of the harsh snow that tried to harm anyone and anything in its way and unfortunately, it did.

I chased Wolfie away. I tried everything to keep him away but him being my Wolfie, He always came back for me. Nothing can compare to the guilt I felt doing it and then seeing him happy and sat there waiting for me like every other time that we met before.

“Hey…” He lifted my chin up and made me look into his glistening eyes. “You are not at fault for the past and you never were…” He gave me a reassuring smile before gently my back as if I was made of paper and I would collapse with a single touch.

“Yes, I am and I am so sorry…” I cry as I grab onto Jungkook’s T-shirt for comfort while trying to calm myself down but I can’t. Every breath I take feels like a thousand needles in this cold air but I can’t stop gasping for air, as if someone is trying to steal it away from me.

“No, You’re not… I started it…” He began and paused. I gave him a confused glance and notice his tears had started. “If I hadn’t had bared my teeth at you then you wouldn’t have done that…” His voice made him sound so weak and fragile as he hid his face in his arms while he was in a crouching position.

We cry for a little while, not talking or anything like that, just finding comfort in the silence. I grasp Jungkook’s hand tightly and tug us both to our feet before dragging him along with me.

“W-Where are we going?” Jungkook’s voice squeaked cutely as he tried his best to calm his emotions.

I keep walking straight forward without looking back a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter