The Search

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Yalun looked at the farm where Hebe's house once stood. The old rundown place is now gone as he stared at the spot . He can't believe that it has vanished in thin air. His eyes misted remembering Hebe and all their memories together.Was she rerally gone from his life for good ? How come she neevr even looked for him nor send him any messages about her present whereabouts ? Did she forgot all about him?

A voice from behind brought him back. " Young master we have to go back ,or your parents will be looking for us."  his driver told him.

Yalun looked at him with sharp eyes. "We are not done yet." as he walked back tot he car. "Bring me to the old house." he ordered.

The older man scratched his head. They will be in big trouble when they come back home for sure.

-----------------------------

The old house still looked grand. The new owner was not even around when he came by earlier. They don't even live here. All they have are all servants. All their servants gone and he got nobody to ask about Hebe's whereabouts.  But he is still hopeful,that someone might have known her.

He waited for foreman.the head of the laborers of the field. They said he will around in the afternoon.He was an older man with big phyisique as he faced Yalun. You could see the toil of labors in their face. Dark, skinned that has burned from the sun, wrinkly faces and strong big arms and big callous hands.

"Somebody told me that you are looking for me." he asked/

" I am looking for a family that used for my family before. I was wondering if you knew their  whereabouts  now. I am looking for Tian family that used to live in the fields," he asked.

"I am sorry,if they did not work for us ,then I would not know. All the families has gone before we came." he said.

"Are you sure ,maybe you'll know them,or maybe you know where most of the families moved." Yalun asked.

He shook his head again. "I really don't know.Maybe you should try looking on the next village." he said. "As far as I know each families were compensated and has gone on their own. " as he turned his back on him. Yalun bit his lips.. his hope is fading now..How come Hebe left without leaving any clue ? Does she has not wanted to be found by him ? Did she forgot all about him?

How can she go,without saying goodbye.She should have at least written him about her whereabouts. Should he still go on looking for her ? He closed his eyes and yes he knew the answer to that...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hebe's Mom look at Hebe's back as she was working on the kitchen. Hebe has been eating and gaining weight lately. The tiny waist has been filling up now. She has been staying in her room most of the time ,and not wanting to go out. She didn't even make any friends with the young people around them.She is really getting worried about her now.

"There will be a dance in the plaza today. Why don't you go Hebe." she said.

"I really don't feel like going Mom. And I don't know anybody who will be there." Hebe answered.

"How will you know anybody when you never go out ? Stop sulking and try to adjust to our new life now." she said.

"I am not sulking. I just don't want to go out. The people here are so different. " she explained.

"And you have been eating and gaining weight..Is there something that I need to know Hebe?" she asked as she looked at her face. Hebe's face colored,as fear came to her. And her Mom can see it clearly in Hebe's eyes.She was unable to answer,as she was lost for words.

Her Mom's heartbeat came racing. The guilt on her face can't be mistaken. " Hebe you have to tell me .What is going on ? "she can't be fool,the signs are all there.

Tears ran on Hebe face looking at her Mom.She cannot lie to her,not to her Mom who knew her by heart. " Oh Mom." was all she can say.

"Please don't tell me. Don't tell me Hebe ." as she pleaded with her eyes for the things that she dreaded the most. All Hebe can do was cry in front of her Mom.

"It is Yalun's baby ,right?" she asked. Hebe nodded her head. "Does he know about the baby?" Hebe shook her head again.

"Yalun doesn't know about the baby. I meant to tell him,but we left and he is so far away in the city." she said.

"You think,we'll take you in,if he knew about the baby? He'll throw you out on the street Hebe. Man like him doesn't want responsibilities. And having a baby at this time,his father will neevr approve. What have you been thinking?" she said in anger and desperation.

"Mom I love Yalun.He will want our baby.He loves me." Hebe said.

"How can you be so stupid ? He doesn't love you as you thought it is. He is only good for one thing. Man are only after one thing,and now that you have given yourself  to him,you think,he will still want you?" she asked. "You have to wake up Hebe from your dream. Yalun doesn't want you ,he will never want you now . We have to get rid of that baby. it will be a total hunmiliation in our family if they ever find out."

"No,I want to keep my baby. Mom no please." Hebe pleaded. "And it will be too late now."

Hebe's Mom was so quiet for now. She has to  start thinking and find a solution to their proble...Who would want her daughter after now.? And then she remembered...somebody. Mr Lam Wu will be the answer to her daughter's problem. She is going to talk to him and yes they have to work fast before the whole scandal will come out in the open...

"Alright,if you want to keep your baby. You have to listen to me and follow what I have to say from now on." her Mom said. "You have to marry Mr Lam Wu, that is the only solution to your problem." as she turned her back on her. Hebe stared as her mom's back in shock. Marry that guy.She rather die first than marry him. She'll never marry that guy in this lifetime...