Missing You

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

.

Hebe looked at the moon outside her bedroom's window. It has been more than  a month since Yalun left and so far she has not heard from him. The holiday season is coming but so far she has not heard in the big house if Yalun is coming for the holidays. The Master has left two weeks ago to go to the city,and Yalun's Mom has gone with hm too.And everything has been quiet in the big house.

She started getting nervous now. She has not got her period last month and her Mom has been watching her like a hawk.And she ended up lying to her. They said that if you were with a man and you don't have your monthly period,there is a possibility that you are pregnant. The idea of having Yalun's baby gets her happy and excited, but she knew that she will be looked down by the people once they knew it.And her Mom and her parents will not forgive her if ever,she'll brought shame in their family.

She touched her still flat tummy and wondered if there is any life inside of her. The life that she and Yalun created. She imagined alot of things lately. Dreamed of so many things,and maybe if Yalun knew that she is with their child,and then maybe he'll hurry home. But how can she tell him when he is so far away. There is no way of going there except for the train in the next town which is a hundred kilometers away.

There is only one person who knew her present predicament and that is Selina,and she looked so shock when she told her. She thought that she is stupid to do that and at the same worried for her as she3 cried,when she learned about it. Now she wondered if  she is really was blinded of Yalun's love.

"Hebe,you are still awake?" her Mom asked.

"I am getting ready for bed now." she answered.

"We are leaving the next day for your Aunt place. They live in Guang Zhong. And we might be staying there for good. " she said.

Hebe's face was surprised at this latest news. What does her Mom mean? They have lived here all their life and all of a sudden they are leaving. "Staying their for good? But this  hasalways  been our home."

"But we cannot stay here anymore. The Master has left and sold the farm. And the new Master wants us out of this place by the start of the year." she said.

"What about Auntie and my friends?" she asked. "What about Yalun?"

Your friends are also leaving. Selina are going to the next town. Yalun is staying in the city. He is not coming back here anymore." she said. Hebe stared at her Mom in shock.  The word"he is not coming back here anymore " keep on repeating on her ear. It can't be, as she panic at the thought.

"No Mom,he has to come back.He promised me ." as she was unable to stop the tears from coming.

"Hebe ,you have to listen. You are not going to see Yalun anymore. His father made sure of that.That is why he sold the place.You have to forget him. He is not for you." she said.

"Mom,he loves me.You were here when he told me that he is coming back for me. Yalun loves me.He is coming back." Hebe said crying hard now. "We are going to have a baby. He has to come back."

Hebe's Mom closed her eyes.So the the thing that she dreaded most has happened already. And she cannot do anything but to be with her daughter through all this thing,as she took Hebe in her arms. "Hush, don't cry now. Mommmy will take care of you.Just don't say anything about this to anybody. I'll take care of you." She knows her friend's address in the city and yes she will have to know and she is pretty sure that the Master will know too. They have to know that there is a baby involved right now...