She Is Gone

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Yalun was surprised to learn that his Father has sold the farm. The farm  has been their property for three generations and his heart skipped a beat when he learned about it. His Father never told him nor his Mother,he just learned it when one of the servants told him about it. How could his father sold the farm without telling him.That has been his home and what become of the people that lives there.Where is Hebe and her family living right now.? Did the new owner let them stay and work for them? He wondered why?

He walked briskly as he entered his Father's room,and found his Father on his chair reading a paper.

"Dad ,why did you do it? Whys did you sell the farm without telling me?" he asked with a high pitched note.

His father stopped at what he is reading and stared at him. So he already knew. But then he can't do anything now. Everything has been final now and Hebe and her family are now gone.

"Why would it interest you,if I sell or not?" he asked.

"But that is my home. I grew up on that farm.How can you sell it without letting me know?" he asked now choking with emotions and such fear.

"But your home is here now. And the farm is a losing business.I have to get rid of it." he answered.

"But what about the people ?What becomes of them?" he asked.

"They have moved out of the farm for the new owner has people of their own. I have them fully compensated for the services that they have done for us,so you don't have to worry.They will be able to start a new life somewhere ." he explained.

"Hebe and her family, where did they go?" Yalun asked.

His dad shrugged his shoulder in dismissal. "I don't have any idea.But her father is just too happy to get hold of the money that I've given them." he said.

"But Dad..." Yalun said in desperation...

"Don't ask me anymore. I really don't know. And I don't think you can find her even if you look for her" as he went back to his reading. Yalun took a deep breath. His own heart is sinking just the thought that hebe is no longer there.He is going to find her. He'll look for Hebe first thing in the morning..He is going back to the farm tomorrow..and he is not going to tell his Dad nor his Mom about this...

_____________________________

"Five hundred Yuan." the guy on the booth told her. Hebe thinks for a moment. She wondered if she is doing the right thing,going to the city to look for Yalun.She got to tell him that she is with his baby. Her stomach will start to show soon and she is having a hard time hiding it from her Mom. But she only got three hndred yuan on her wallet, she still need two hundred and she doesn't know where to get it. it will be a while before she accumulate that much amount.

"Thank You ,maybe i'll just come back when i have enough money." she said,as she left the line.Maybe she can borrow money from Selina and she is just going to pay her back,she thought. She has to leave soon...

She found her Mom inside the house and was talking to a man. He is younger than her Mom but a lot older from her.He owns the big house on the corner. He owns the local store in the town and she heard that he is a widow with a child. He has been looking her way all the time.and Hebe always felt this creepy feeling everytime he looked at her.

"Hebe,good you are home. You know Mr.Lam Wu right?" she said as she smiled at her daughter.

Hebe just nodded her head ,refusing to even looked at him. He is maybe on his forties and yes almost twice her age.His hair is almost thinning and there is gaps in between his teeth and it shows everytime he smiles. He is tall and big,and pouch starting to show in front. Just looking at him, makes her stomach growl. He took a deep breath.

"I want to go to my room." Hebe said. "I don't feel too good."

"But Hebe,he came here for you." her Mom tried to admonished her, about her behavior. "You have to be more welcoming to our neighbor." her Mom said.

"Not it is alright, Hebe must be really tired. Anyway, I have to talk you about something." he said as he let Hebe go to her room.And with that she left them...and ran to her room. She waited for him to leave before she finally came out of her room. They did talk for a while and Hebe wondered what did they talk about.

She went to the kitchen trying to look for something to nibble.She has been having the cravings lately. And she found some dried noodles to munch and her Mom found her. She has been wary about her condition and was quite afraid for her.

"What is wrong with you? I did not brought you up that way,being disrespectful to the guest Hebe" she said.

"I really don't like him,he gives me the creeps." Hebe said.

"Well you have to get used to him. We have a long talk and he already laid out his intentions on you to be his bride." she said.

"Mom, " as her eyes widened in disbelief. "You did not say anything,right?" as her heart went on fip flopped.

"Well,his intentions is good and pure and i agreed that it will be for your own benefit to marry him." her Mom said.

"Mom,noooo.I am not going to marry him. I hate him. I am not going to marry him." as she walked out on her own Mom...

"You can cry and protest with all your might. But you are marrying him Hebe. He will be good for you." was the last words that she heard from her Mom as she locked herself in her room. She went to bed and cried..and cried. Where is Yalun? Where can he be? Was he even looking for her ? The baby is growing inside of her,and Mr Lam Wu is not even the answer,it is like a death sentence being married to him...as she cried some more...