The Truth

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Arron was unable to sleep that night. He keeps of thinking ,and wondering what happen to his precious Hebe. She knew that this will be a very important night for both of them. Why did she never come ? Images of Hebe played on his mind, and that made him so restless. He knew that he promised her that he will not bothered her in their house anymore because of her parents objection about them, but then he got no other choice but to see her .

He tried to lay down and get some rest for the night but still ,he tossed and turned ,something doesn't feel quite right tonight,and he needs to find out tomorrow. The face of  Hebe seems to be haunting him all night long...

----------------

Arron was up by the sun came up for a new day. He took a shower and got ready for the day. He will wait for her in the train station and if she doesn't show up,he will have to go to their house this morning.

Arron waited for almost two hours and no Hebe. He decided that it is time to pay Hebe a visit at their home. He will have to tell her parents the truth,that he truly cares for their daughter and that nothing can change that.

--------------------

Arron rang the bell,as he said a silent prayer, waiting for somebody to open the door. But still with no answer. The house seems to be very quiet and with no people around. Maybe they are not really in town,he thought,as he waited for a few more minutes.

He rang the bell for the last time. And as he turned his back and went to his car. An older lady came over....

"There is nobody there right now." as she volunteered the information to Arron.

"Did they go somewhere ?" he asked.

"They must be in the hospital. Their girl is sick again. That poor girl has always been sick." she said.

"What girl ? Do they have other daughter?" Arron asked, as he frowned and his heart started racing...

"No, they only have one. Hebe, you know Hebe ?" she asked. Arron just stared at the old lady. Hebe has been sick , all these time.

"Do you know what hospital is she in ?" he asked, anxiety is written all over his face.

"It should be the Memorial Hospital,that is the nearest one here, " she answered.

"Thank you,Thank you" as he hurriedly left.. His poor Hebe has been sick,and he didn't even know about it. She has been feeling tired and looking pale lately but everytime he asked her,she said she is alright. He should had insisted ,that she be checked. What could possibly wrong with her ?

He finally reached the hospital,with so much thoughts goin on his mind.He was hoping that it will be just simple flu or some sort of virus infection that she caught. "Please God, just a simple sickness and not something complicated" as he whispered to himself.

Arron was surprised to learn that Hebe is not in ordinary floor but in Intensive Care Unit. Something is very wrong her,as his anxiety came back again. He almost run going to the unit. And there he met Hebe's parents as they stared at each other. Worry can be seen in their faces.

"Arron? How did you know ?" Hebe's Mom asked .

"Your neighbor told me that she was here.What is wrong with her ? Is she gonna be alright?" Arron asked. "What happened to her ?

"I think we need to talk to you before you can see her, We have something to tell you. " Hebe's Dad said as he came forward and ushered Arron to the corner and let him sit down. He told Arron about Hebe's health conditiion and how it has been getting worst .Hebe's heart has been getting weaker and weaker everyday and now complications has already set in and the doctors has been having a hard time treating her this time.

Arron was unable to believe what he has been hearing. Hebe has been sick all along. And she has been suffering all her life. His heart aches knowing this and it hurts more ,knowing that she has been sick again and this time worse than ever. How come he never knew about this,and how come Hebe never told him, not even a whisper about this...as he cried for her pain and sufferings....