Respite

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Hebe looked at the beautiful things around her, the mountains with it's green trees and the leaves and branches swaying to the wind,as it created a beautiful sound to her ear. She sat on the grass ,as Arron held her hand to support her. He put his hoodie jacket to sit on. and then sat down beside her. He looked at her ,as a smile broke in his face,when he saw her smiling and yes genuinely happy to be out here today.

Her color is still pale, her lips that was usually red are now pale pink, her eyes that looked so tired before seems to relax now. Her heart is still weak but better now, Arron asked permission from her parents to take her out for today, and although they are wary at first, because of her present condition,but Arron begged them and he thinks that this will do good in Hebe's spirit than staring at all the white wall in the hospital. And then they finally conceded and asked the doctor for her temporary release in the hospital.

"Arron,this is beautiful." Hebe said. "Such a beautiful view of the towns below and the mountains too."

"I am glad that you liked it. This is my favorite getaway when I was growing up. My parents bought the place long time ago as a summer and winter holidays getaways from the city." he explained.

"I usually come here when I have some issue to solve and when i have to think,and yes this place gives me a calming effect,sort of soothe my pains away." he added.

"And i am glad that you took me here. I seldom go out. My parents are always afraid that something bad might happen to me. " Hebe said. "But then despite of their precautions,I am still..." as her eyes became sad again. She took a deep breath. "But then et us not to talk about sickness anymore,I am tired of talking about that. Let us pretend today that it doesn't exist. Can you do that for me?" as she stared at Arron's face. Arron nodded his head and smiled.

"Yes, we will do just that." he said. "Just let me know if you are tired or if you don't feel good at all.alright ?" staring back at her.,Hebe nodded her head.

"That is the deal " as she smiled at him. Arron took hold of her hand "I want you to be happy Hebe. I'll do anything to make you happy," as tears has started to threatened to come in Hebe's eyes.....

--------------------------------------------------------

They went to the nearby lake and had a lunch there, Arron brought a picnic basket with sandwiches, fresh fruits of  watermelons , grapes and cantaloupe, and a jug of cold drinks, They had lunch in one of the picnic tables and just watched the people before them had a goodtime,boating and swimming. Arron took some pictures of Hebe by the lake,until Father of one of the families there volunteered to take their pictures together..

They walked by the beach area after eating,and Arron drew some pictures on the sand as Hebe looked on while sitting on the white sands. He drew pictures of them together,  and Hebe smiled and laughed at their pictures together.They stayed there until the sun went down. They sat on the rocks together,watching the sun go down. Hebe was feeling tired already but she has not said a word about it.

She laid her head on Arron's shoulder,as they watched the golden sun went down. She was so happy just being with him. And she knows if she goes one day, this day will be the most memorable one for her. She shivered at the thought....

"Are you getting cold now ?" Arron asked.

"Just a little bit." she answered. She wished that this day will never end.

"Do you want to go back now? Maybe this day has been too much for you already." he said.

"No , let us just watch until the sun totally disappears. It maybe the last one ,,,," as she halt at the words. Arron's eyes became misty...

"Hebe,,,," as he choked for the words to say. "Don't say that.Please don't say that. " as the fear hit his heart. The thought of losing Hebe in his life is something that he is not ready and will never be ready. Hebe will get better , and they will be together  forever...

"Arron,I am so sorry, I am sorry for not telling you sooner about my condition. I shoud have never...." as tears came to her...

"No,don't be sorry.I am glad that I have known you, and will be glad for whatever time we have. I love you Hebe,and will continue loving you in this lifetime and beyond." Arron said,hugging her  as Hebe hugged him back....They are still lucky that they have met each other in this lifetime and if ever,she knows that they will meet again in the next......