Getting To Know You

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Hebe looked out at the table by the corner ,and yes Aaron is still there, sipping maybe the last drop of his coffee, the third cup for the night. His sight amused her, she could not understand, the lightness of feeling just by looking at him.

Arron caught her stares and smiled back at her. It was almost past ten already, Hebe must be wondering why is he staying that long today. But seeing Hebe with that guy today, Arron has decided that he has to move forward and quicker this time if he really wants her. And yes the girl in his dream...there will be no buts and ifs that he really likes her, And the guy who kissed her seems like he is far  far ahead from him in quest for Hebe's heart.

Arrom got up and started moving to the counter. The cafe is almost empty now, except for a two couples sharing their late coffee together.

"Can I have another cup?" Aaron asked.

Hebe smiled at him. "Uhmm that will be your fourth cup,you won't be able to sleep tonight." she said. "Anyway I will be closing down soon, no need for you to stay and keep my company." as she grinned at him.

"Then I'll wait for you until you close down." Arron said. "Anything that I can help you with ?"

"No I will be just fine. This will be a breeze closing down.Thanks for staying and also for the sale." Hebe said.

"Are you not afraid having to work this late? And all by yourself?" Arron asked.

"No I am used to it by now and this place is safe. I just have to walk home " Hebe explained as she started cleaning up the coffee pots and turning off the machines. Hebe was trying to carry a heavy tray, as Arron came over to help/

"Here let me get for you." Arron said as he took the tray away from her and accidentally touched her hands....which brought a current in him.

"Thank you." hebe murmured.

"You don't mind if I walked you home tonight ?" Arron asked. "Is he going to be mad ?"

Hebe stared at him, not understanding what he is saying,mad at whom and who..."Excused me." as she frowned.

Arron smiled like being caught.... "I mean your boyfriend...he won't get mad,will he ?"

"How did you know I have a boyfriend?"  Hebe asked.

"Well you are a pretty girl....and yes I saw you tonight with him." as Arron admitted. "I didn't mean to pry or anything...I was just coming here and saw you with him."

"No, he wouldn't mind." Hebe answered. Jay is not a jealous boyfriend, in fact he seems delighted if one of the guys got an eye for her...knowing  and feeling that he owns her, and feeling victorious about it.

------------------------------------

And it was not until almost midnight when they were able to close the place. Arron helped out Hebe in most of the cleaning and getting the place in order for the next day. As they stepped out in the darkness of the night with just the moon looking down at them. The air was cool and refreshing,as they both took a deep breath coming out from such a close space.

"I am going to miss this job." Hebe said

"Why are you going somewhere ?" Arron asked.

"I am graduating this summer,and so I have to practice what I have learned. Jay said it will be stupid of me to stay in this job after getting my degree, which is quite right." Hebe explained. "I only worked here to help me with my allowance and spending money while in school. But I enjoyed my work here and the owner is really nice to me."

" Well sometimes you have to move on and say goodbye to the things that you are comfortable with." Arron said.

"I know,eventually I have to say goodbye to this job,still i can't help but feel sad about it." Hebe said. "What about you ? You are not a student anymore ?"

"yeah been working in the city, and I just started living on my own this year. It has it's own frills but then I missed my mom's cooking ." Arron said.

"Why you can't cook?" Hebe asked.

"Yes I can cook, just the simple one fried eggs and boiled eggs." as Arron laughed.

"Maybe I'll cook for you one of these days. I love to cook." Hebe said.

"So that is a promise and I will take you for that." Arron said. hebe stared at him and nodded her head. She could not understand why is she so trusting with this man. She neevr allowed anybody to walk her home, except Jay, and now to offered to cook for him,what is she getting into?

" Yes...sure. Just let me know when you are available." Hebe said. "But I am only cooking,no more no less."arron stared back at her not understanding what she is saying. "I mean you do the clean up and grocery." as hebe explained.

"Sure i can do that. Just give me the list of what to buy or I may end up buying the whole supermarket." arron said as they both laughed.

And before they knew it, Hebe stopped in an apartment building. " Well I guees this is it,my apartment..Thanks for walking me." Hebe said smiling.

"It is my pleasure Madam..." as he bowed, making a joke out of it. "Are you working again tomorrow?"

" Yes its a weekend so I will be there." Hebe said.

So I'll see you tomorrow." Arron said as he was about to turn...and then turn back to face her..."You don't mind if I ask you for your cell number ? To call you for your cooking promise.,just in case you forget." as he grinned.

Hebe looked at him....and think...why is she allowing this, what if  Jay...but he will not mind,just a simple acquaintance, a friend...ys he can be her friend. Sure,and i can have yours too." as she answered,and taking Arron's cell and putting her number there, and him in return.

"Goodnight Hebe. Have a pleasant dream, for I will certainly have one." Arron said,as he took off and Hebe looking at his back and smiling....She will surely have a nice one after tonight....as she hummed walking up to her apartment...