Coming home

With You Along The Way {Yi Lu Shang You Ni}

Hebe looked at herself in the mirror,and she noted some dried flour on her face as she tried to clean up herself.She wants very much to clean up herself  and take  a long bath but she doesn't have much time and they still have alot of things to do in the house.But she is excited and she can feel it in the air. Yalun is coming home today. And she can't wait to see him.

It has been months ,since she last saw him. The last time when he saw him ride on that car on the way to the city to study. She has been missing him. If  Yalun only knows that  she has been thinking about him almost everyday. And every night,she prays that at least he would remember her.

She knows there were no promises between them,and she is foolish to think that she will be even considered as an eligible girl for him.The only son of  Yan dynasty,the one who will be an heir to all these richness around them.But Hebe can't help herself to fall for him.

They grew up together,her Mother being a friend of  Yalun's Mother ,although his Mom is not the legal wife. She is jut one of those women around that the master has bedded, But of all the women,she was the one who was blessed with a Son to the envy of many. Her status was elevated as she sired a son to the Master. But she has never forgotten her friendmHebe's mom . And yes,she used to bring Yalun to visit her friend and they became friends in the process.

But growing up,hebe soon realized just how far apart they are. Hebe's family is poor and have to work for the Master,which is Yalun's Father. And yes later on Hebe learned that Yalun is the master and she ,Hebe is the servant. Hebe useed to look and watch Yalun from afar and later on learned to love him from a distance.

And Yalun,he was always nice to her.He doesn't treat her like their servant.He treats her like a true friend. he used to come around in their house whenever he is home for a visit. he tells her stories of his life in the citites. Yalun's life in the city is larger than life to Hebe. it is something that is so out of reach and that it can only happen in a dream for her. But yalun promised her that one day he is going to take her with him...and then she can see it herself...and that theyir dream will come true.Hebe used to believe those very words...until later when she learned the truth from her Mom.

But still today,he will be here and yes she is going to see Yalun again,and that's all she cares for now. And tomorrow is the Moon Festival, a very important holiday , and yes they are going to be together,gazing at the full moon together...

Yalun looked at the window of their car. He can see the trees with their changing colors,the farms looks golden yellow as the harvest  is done. he took a deep breath.he can't wait to see hebe again.It has been a long time since he saw her. He got other girls in the city,but Hebe is something different from all of them. She is very special and she has this certain sweetness in her and the innocence that is hard to find these days and yes he can be himself whenever he is with her.He doesn't have to act differently, Hebe accepts him as he is.

She has grown to be a beautiful lady now.She doesn't have to put anything on her face to be beautiful like the girls that he has known.he can still imagine her smile and her flawless fair skin and her unturned nose and beautiful almond eyes. he can't wait to be with her tonight...as excitement build up. He has definitely missed her....

The car stopped in front of a big house as the driver opened the door for him. Yalu stepped out of the car,as there were a group of people waiting for him. His Mom came as,he hugged him, and the other women that his Father got,and the servant ,who bowed down to greet him.Still his eyes wondered and looked for that special face that he has been longing for...and she was not there to greet him,as he frowns at her absence.

"Welcome home Son" his Mother said in greetings.

"I am glad to be home," he said."Is Dad home?"

"He has gone to do some business in the next town  but he will back tonight." she answered. "Are you hungry? Do you want something?"

"No I am tired.I just want to rest tonight." he said. "Just call me when dad comes home tonight."

He walked inside the big house, looking around and yet he has not found her there either, He wondered where can Hebe be? But he does not want to ask anybody ,he doesn't want anybody to know .He went straight in his room not saying a word.She did not even bother to see him...and greet him.Why she doesn't miss him at all? And Yalun was furious at her now , how can Hebe ignore his presence..like he is nothing special.She should have stopped at whatever she is doing at the moment to see him..And yes he is going to get back at her tonight.....as he throws his jacket on the floor...He is going to ignore her just like the way she ignore him....