Hae's Dream - Returning home

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

"Minha!”

Donghae was agape with the vision in front of him. There was a tall slim girl, her pitch dark hair fell in waves on her shoulders and her deep chocolate brown eyes were fixed on Hae’s. All the features on her face were exactly the same as Donghae’s; there was no doubt about the fact that she was his twin.

But it was impossible.

 “Hae!”

The girl didn’t give another thought before throwing herself in the brunet’s arms and hugged him tightly. The boy couldn’t return the hug because he was still too stunned to move. His brain was having trouble processing the information, but one thing was sure: she was quite real. She finally let him go and flashed that beautiful smile - she had the secret of - at him. Once she let him go, he turned to his parents and cousin.

“What… How… this…” he stammered.

“Fishy.” she called him, making him turn to her again. “It’s really me.”

“But you’re dead.”

She smiled at him warmly.

“Now I’m back. And everything is going back to normal.”

***

Donghae was sitting in a chair in the doctor’s office, in company of his cousin and therapist. He needed a few minutes to process the shock and now the doctor was explaining everything to him, as his parents already were debriefed.

“She survived the car crash and the drowning.”

“How is this possible? I never saw her regaining the surface…”

“We think that maybe the stream carried her away and she was found in a bank unconscious. She was placed into a hospital and we found her test from 4 years ago, it indicates that she suffered from a major head trauma…”

“What does it mean?” asked Donghae, confused.

“It means that because of the blast she lost her memories.” his therapist told him.

Saehyun put a hand on Donghae shoulder, trying to comfort him.

“She didn’t come back home because she had no memories of you.”

“And now she does?”

“She was admitted to our hospital a few weeks ago, after a small accident.” the doctor said. “She fell in the stairs and bumped her head again. She stayed in a coma for a few days, meanwhile no one came to claim her, then she woke up and started remembering things, so we contacted your parents as soon as we could.”

Donghae was having a lot of trouble processing all of this. I mean, how can a person possibly accept that his sister, that he thought dead for 4 years now, was suddenly alive and in the room next to his. Now he understood why his cousin didn’t want Eunhyuk to come with him. Eunhyuk. How was he going to tell him that? And if she was back what did it mean for them? A ton of questions started turning around Donghae’s mind and he began to panic slightly. That’s when he realized something: he wasn’t even sure to be happy to have his sister back. A jolt of guilt pierced his heart. Saehyun notices that the boy was shaking.

“Are you ok Hae?”

No he wasn’t ok! There were so many questions to be answered. Where was she during those past 4 years? How was she living during that time? And now that she was back, what was going to happen…? His therapist somehow understood Donghae’s state of mind. He cleared his throat.

“There is something else…”

What was it this time?

“She forgot her years without you.”

“What?”

“When she fell, the choc on her brain made her remember her life from before, but she erased everything that happened after the accident, meaning her life during those 4 years. And it seems that she didn’t gain back all her memory…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, like you with the accident, she is suffering from post-traumatic shock. But it’s deeper than that, it seems that she erased some parts of the year that preceded the accident, too.”

Their first year in college…

“Did other traumatic events happen that year?” the therapist asked him.

He thought hard about that but the only thing that he could think of was the trauma that they suffered after her death and nothing else…

“I can’t think of anything right now… sorry.”

“It’s ok, if you remember something tell us, so we can help her.”

Donghae nodded. The doctors seemed to have done with him so he got up – thanking his legs for not giving in under him – and bowed to them.

“I’m going home… thank you for your hard work.”

“You don’t want to see her before you go?” the doctor asked.

Donghae froze. To tell the truth, he was terrified to go back to that room. Like she sensed it, Saehyun answered for him.

“Hae must be tired, and he has classes tomorrow morning so he should go back to the dorms.”

No one objected to that. Donghae smiled at his cousin, giving her a thankful look. She pressed him out of the office and accompanied him to his car. They stayed silent all the way; the brunet didn’t really know what to say. When they got to the parking lot, she finally hugged him and whispered in his ear.

“It’s going to be alright. Everything is going to be fine. And I’ll be here for you.”

He hugged her too, hoping it would convey how much he was thankful. Then he got into his car and drove back to his school. It asked all his effort to keep his attention and focus on the road, but fortunately he arrived safe and sound at the dorms. Silently, like he used to do for so many years now, he jumped over the wall and sneaked in their room. In his room the light was on, but Eunhyuk was sleeping soundlessly. They boy had left the lights so when his boyfriend would come back he could find his way in the room. Donghae smiled at the attention and stayed there a moment observing his lover. Eunhyuk’s hair had grown so long that now some blond bangs would fall on his face while he slept. He was beautiful and adorable, Donghae was so lucky to have him… Wanting to forget the events of the night, Donghae slide under the covers without even changing his clothes and pecked the dancer’s lips. Eunhyuk moaned and as a sleeping reflex, embraced the brunet. Hae cuddle closer to him, burying his face in the other’s neck. Breathing his perfume was very calming and relaxing.

“You’re back…” Eunhyuk said half awake.

“Yes.”

“Is everyone alright?”

The image of his sister appeared in Donghae’s mind again. He didn’t want to think about that… His cousin’s words came back to him and he used them.

“Everything is fine.”

Eunhyuk smiled without opening his eyes.

“Good.” he whispered.

Donghae stared at Eunhyuk, at the edge of crying.

“Hyuk?”

“Hummm?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The dancer then kissed the top of Donghae’s head, buried his face in his hair and fell asleep again. Donghae tried his best to fall asleep too. Then maybe tomorrow, everything will turn out to be only a dream…

***

It wasn’t a dream!

Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter