Minha's Dream - First Memories part1

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minha's Dream - (Min's PoV)

Days passed and against her will, the question tenaciously lingered in her mind. Why were her boyfriend and brother wearing the same necklace? It could be a friend’s token, or maybe just a coincidence. But for an unknown reason it made her feel uneasy. She felt that it had a deeper meaning than that, but didn’t see how it could be so. The girl could simply ask Donghae about it but she was kind of afraid of the answer… Anyway, the necklace reminded her of her drawing. Why the hell was she drawing dream catchers in her sleep? Too many questions and not many answers.

Minha desperately needed to confide in someone, and she only knew one person that could listen to her. Of course she had her brother, but she didn’t want to worry him when he was already so on edge with anything surrounding her memory. Then she had her shrink or her boyfriend. But the first one would only bring her more questions and the second… let’s say it wasn’t something she wanted to share with Eunhyuk.

After class she went straight to the dance club, before it could start. There she found her brother with Sungmin.

“Hey Nana. Came to see us?” her brother welcomed her warmly.

“Don’t tell me she is going to tag along, again?!” Sungmin complained.

Donghae threw him a warning glance, but Minha just ignored him.

“I’m looking for Rin. Did you see her?”

“I don’t think she is here yet.”

At the same moment the blond girl stepped in the room followed by Eunhyuk.

“Hey everyone!” Rinha said loudly. “Oh, Min you’re here!”

“Don’t call her that!” Sungmin complained. “It’s my nickname and I don’t want to be acquainted with that girl.”

“I call her as I please!”

“I sense a certain favoritism…”

“Well of course! She is my roommate after all.”

Minha was only listening absentmindedly to their little bickering, because since Eunhyuk got near her the only thing she could focus on was the necklace around his neck. The boy noticed she was staring at him and came closer passing a hand around her waist.

“Hey, are you ok?” he asked, almost whispering.

With a quick movement Minha stepped away from him.

“Sorry leader but Rin is going to skip practice today!”

“What?!”

Then without leaving time for anybody to say a word, Minha grabbed Rinha’s arm and pulled her outside. Everyone was so surprised that they didn’t try to stop them.

“Hey Minha what is it?” Rinha asked.

But the girl didn’t stop until they were in a hidden place at the library. Finally then she stopped, out of breath. Rinha looked at her worried.

“I needed to talk to you.” Minha said.

“Couldn’t it wait after practice?”

The other girl shook her head. Rinha then sat down on one of the libraries chair and Minha did the same in front of her.

“So what is it? I can feel that you have something on your mind these past days.”

Now that they were here, the dark haired girl didn’t know where to start. Seeing that the girl was obviously flustered, Rinha put a hand on hers.

“Is it about your dreams?”

“Yes. I mean no. Maybe?”

“What is it?”

Minha took a deep breath.

“If I asked you to tell me everything that happened during those last 4 years, would you tell me?”

Rinha stared at her, surprised and Minha could see she was trying to find the best way to answer that.

“I don’t think that I would…”

“Because you’re scared it could have a traumatizing impact on me like everyone else?”

“Because it’s not my place to do so.” she said firmly.

Minha nodded. It confirmed what she thought…

“So something did happen with Eunhyuk and Donghae.”

“A lot happen. These past years were hard on everyone.”

“Why does my brother refuses to tell me about it? I don’t get it! He thinks he is protecting me that way?”

Rinha sat back on her chair and crossed her arms on her chest.

“I think your brother is doing the best that he can.”

“I know… I know…”

Minha looked down… Now that she was saying all that out loud she felt stupid.

“But, Rin… Do you think that…” she couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence.

“That what?”

“Do you think that he and Eunhyuk know something about my 4 years gap?”

“Like what?”

Minha felt guilty and pretty stupid for even thinking about that. The thought of her brother and her boyfriend knowing anything about where she have been during the time she was “dead” or what she was doing, was absurd. But then again what were they hiding from her?

“Nevermind… I’m being too paranoid.”

“Min, if something is bothering you, you can tell me anything, you know that right?”

The girl smiled softly at her friend.

“Yeah I know.”

“And you should give yourself time too, you know. Don’t be so hard on yourself, I’m sure your memories will come back.”

“Yeah, that’s what everyone keeps telling me.”

“We don’t care about others. You should only listen to me, because I’m always right.”

The dark haired girl had a smirk; Rinha was really fun person to be with. That’s what decided Minha to tell her about the second thing that was bothering her.

“Have you ever noticed the necklace Eunhyuk is always wearing?”

“The dream catcher one? Yes, why?”

“Donghae have the exact same one.”

For a second Minha thought she saw fear in Rinha’s eyes, but it was only for a split of seconds before she got her composure back.

“I don’t know anything about those necklaces, but I know that the dream catcher has a deep meaning for Donghae. I guess you should talk about it with him.”

“I will… it’s just that I keep drawing dream catchers in my sleep too, don’t you think it’s weird?”

“I think that all of this is way over our heads. You should talk with Donghae and if it keeps bothering you then talk with the Doc, ok?”

Minha nodded and finally smiled at the other girl.

“Thank you, Rin. I honestly don’t know what I would do without you.”

The blond girl smiled softly. Strangely she seemed embarrassed by something but she didn’t add anything. The girls waited for practice to be over and Rinha went to apologize to Eunhyuk and get the moves she missed, while Minha went there to talk to Donghae. She was going to ask him if they could talk privately when the boy outstripped her.

“What was all that about earlier?” Donghae asked her, walking the girl to a corner of the room.

“Nothing much I just had something to talk with Rinha.”

He kept staring at her suspiciously and she just smiled at him until he dropped it.

“I have something to ask you.” he said to her surprised.

She nodded, inviting him to carry on.

“Would you mind to meet Eunhyuk’s brother?”

She frowned, remembering the guy who was with Eunhyuk the first time he came at the hospital.

“Why does he want to see me?”

“He wants to talk to you…”

Why on earth would he want to talk to her? That’s when she remembered that the boy seemed to know her. Maybe that was what she was waiting for. Maybe that boy could bring her answers she needed, so she agreed to it.

“Great. We’ll meet him at Hyuk’s house after class then, I’ll ask for permission out.” Donghae was going to leave the dance room when he suddenly came back his steps. “You wanted to ask me something?”

Minha shook her head and her brother left after kissing her cheek. Maybe it was really only her paranoia and she preferred to wait before worrying her brother with it.

***

The next day after class, Minha, Donghae and Eunhyuk were in the car going to Hyuk’s house. For some reason the two boys were nervous, so the girl tried to ease the mood with not much success. Arriving at the house she felt nostalgic. It reminded her of her times with Eunhyuk, she even expected to see his parents, but they told her they were out for the day. They got in the house and went to the living room, waiting for Leeteuk. Soon a small little caramel dog came to greet them and Eunhyuk told her it was his dog, Choco, a gift from his brother. Minha played with the adorable Choco for a moment, but Eunhyuk was so nervous, that he couldn’t take to wait and went off to prepare them some snacks, Choco following him. When Minha found herself alone with Donghae she finally asked him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter