Hyuk’s Dream - Silent Voices

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

After he was once again rejected by his boyfriend, Eunhyuk started avoiding him. When he woke the next morning, a headache pointing out, Donghae was already gone but unfortunately Eunhyuk’s memories of last night were still there. The boy was past trying to understand his boyfriend; he was too hurt and confused to try being understanding. And for some reason even Minha was now being distant with him, almost as if she was sensing and copying her brother’s mood. Well, Eunhyuk wasn’t in the mood to deal with their weird twin’s connection and decided to enjoy his vacation as much as he could with his friends. That’s how he found himself spending all his time with Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Their fluffy and weird relationship didn’t bother him anymore; on the contrary, Eunhyuk was a bit jealous of the couple’s harmony, even though they were complete opposites. And he was happy to spend some quality time with his best friend for it seemed like forever since they really talked. And just like this the week ended and they found themselves on their last night. As usual they were all around the big fire talking just after dinner. They were laughing at some Donghae’s imitation of Siwon’s way of reading his bible with a cup of coffee, when Sungmin interrupted.

“We should do something special since it’s our last night.

“What do you wanna do?”

“I don’t know… something fun!”

“How about a mini concert?” Rinha suggested. “I heard that Yesung-oppa is almost a professional singer and that Wookie and Kyu are not bad either.”

“Excellent idea!” Siwon exclaimed.

“True that I missed hearing you three sing.” Donghae added.

Yesung exchange a smile with his fellow singers.

“I missed singing with you guys.”

“Great then,” Sungmin jumped from his seat and clapped in his hands, “KRY are back!!!”

“Don’t decide that by yourself!” Kyuhyun said, looking annoyed.

Yesung got up followed by Ryeowook and went to the center of the circle putting a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“Come on Kyu, let’s show them what real harmony sounds like.”

Reluctantly the boy got up too and joined them.

“Fine but only one song.”

Eunhyuk smiled, because he knew Kyuhyun could be rather shy at first but once he started he couldn’t stop. They deliberated on which song to do then one after the other their voices elevated in the night. Eunhyuk had only heard his friend’s singing once, 2 years ago, during the dance and singing competition. But at the time he was more focused on his hurt friend and on how delicious the kiss he had with Donghae was. The boy couldn’t admit then, but it was at that moment that he probably fell in love with Donghae. It brought back so many memories and the boy found himself almost regretting that time were Donghae was the one who couldn’t leave him alone. Anyway, now Eunhyuk could listen for real to his friend’s voices and he had to admit they sang beautifully. Almost as if they knew what the other would sing, their voices melted together in one perfect harmony. The circle of friends stayed quiet until the end of the song and once it was over they cheered and asked for more, which they gladly complied. After a few more songs Yesung decided to stop.

“Actually I want to hear Kyuhyun…”

“What?” the boy gasped surprised.

“I want to hear his compositions. A few months back he sent me a demo CD he made and honestly it was pretty amazing.”

“What demo?” Kyuhyun asked confused. “I never sent you anything…”

There was an awkward silence when suddenly Kyuhyun turned to an already standing Sungmin.

“You didn’t!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“I only did it because you wouldn’t!” Sungmin tried to defend himself.

But it didn’t work and Kyuhyun took a step towards him, threatening. The blond boy didn’t stick around to find out what his boyfriend was going to do to him and ran away, Kyuhyun chasing after him, yelling.

Siwon was the only one trying to calm the both of them down, while the others were laughing their asses off. Finally Sungmin stopped running and faced Kyuhyun.

“I did it for you, you big idiot!” he yelled. “You’re always doing what you’re dad wants you to but at the same time you keep singing by yourself.”

Kyuhyun stopped too, and everyone stayed silent, respecting the moment.

“I know that deep down you dream of becoming a singer, or else you wouldn’t have recorded that demo in the first place.”

“I did it just for fun…”

“You did it because you love singing!” Sungmin interrupted. “And I want you to stop following you dad’s wishes and start doing what you love and following you dreams.”

Kyuhyun stayed speechless and Eunhyuk smiled. That was Sungmin, the real Sungmin. He could appear simple minded and even y sometimes but deep inside he cared for his friends genuinely. Eunhyuk crossed his arms over his chest.

“I want to hear Kyuhyunnie sing too. Let’s see what that geek is capable of, without his teammates.”

Sungmin turned to Eunhyuk, thanking him with a smile. Kyuhyun looked around seeking his friend’s approval and he found unconditional support. The boy smirked.

“Be ready to be blown away.”

“Less talk and more singing Choi boy!” Rinha said.

Everyone sat back and Kyuhyun resumed his spot at the center. The boy closed his eyes for a second before starting to sing. On the first notes, Minha, that was seating next to Eunhyuk, leaned and whispered.

“I didn’t know he sang that well.”

“You’re in his singing club though…”

“Yeah but he never performs for us. Listening to the emotion he passes through his voice is a whole other thing.”

“My boyfriend is the best.” said Sungmin, butting in.

Indeed he was. Like warm honey melting on your skin, Kyuhyun’s voice was impressive. Eunhyuk didn’t even know his friend had the ambition of becoming a singer but he knew now that he got the talent to succeed in it. When he finished no one clapped, everyone was too mesmerized to dare making a sound. Then Sungmin got up and without warning took Kyuhyun’s face in his hands and kissed him mouthful! That’s when everyone started cheering with force and all got up to congratulate him. That’s how their evening ended. Soon after, everyone went to sleep, dreaming of those beautiful voices.

***

“I can’t believe it’s already over…” Ryeowook lamented.

Eunhyuk threw another of their luggage in the trunk. Finally their camping holiday was over, but not yet their vacation as they had still a week left before starting classes again, but they would spend it back at their families houses this time.

“You’re in the way!” complained Junsu, passing by him towards Yoochun’s car.

Eunhyuk got out of the way and took a moment to look around, his friends actively packing and tidying the camp. Because they wanted to enjoy their last day, they all decided to stay until later and only take the road on the evening, but the night came in too fast and now they had to go. For a bizarre reason – again Sungmin’s idea – they all had switched cars. They had a total of five cars, since Leeteuk and Yesung came alone; But Yesung had to go back to the city earlier for a last minute recording, so they found themselves with four cars. Yoochung came with his and was riding back with only Junsu, since Jiwon refused to ride with him. On the other hand, Eunhyuk wanted to ride with his brother, so he left his shared car with Donghae, who was riding with Sungmin and Ryeowook. For an unknown reason Kyuhyun tagged along with Eunhyuk and Leeteuk, and even more surprising, Rinha came along too, leaving her car to Jiwon that was driving back her brother and Minha. Quickly they finished moving everything and were ready to go.  

“We’ll go following you, hyung.” Donghae told Leeteuk.

The older boy nodded, and without even a look towards Eunhyuk, the brunet got in his car. The thin boy just sighed and was about to get in the passenger’s seat as well when his brother stopped him.

“I’m a bit tired, can you drive?”

“Sure, hyung.”

Everyone got in the car and they went away.  Not long after, a happy mood was set when Eunhyuk turned the radio on. Rinha and Kyuhyun on the back started singing with all their might and even Leeteuk joined them sometimes.

“Seriously you should be a singer.” Rinha said suddenly to Kyuhyun.

“It’s not that simple… my dad doesn’t consider it as a real job and opposes to it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter