Hyuk’s Dream - Treasure Hunt

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

A few days passed and the camping trip was funnier than what Eunhyuk had originally thought. Of course he had been worried all this time about Minha, Donghae and his brother, but things were pretty well. They would split their time between hiking, games and friendly competitions. Honestly it seemed more like a school camp than vacation between friends, but the most important thing was that they were having fun and somehow it made them all grew closer.

Eunhyuk and his brother got closer and it gave them the opportunity to spend some quality time together since they haven’t for years now. And Eunhyuk had to admit he missed it. He wasn’t a kid anymore but his brother still was important for him. Even the others around them were getting along well. Sungmin and Kyuhyun seemed to have finally accepted Minha, as they would talk to her and even sometimes be nice. It was definitely an improvement. For some others things were weird. For an unknown reason Yoochun was always after Jiwon but the girl ignored him as much as she could, which was pretty fun to watch. And in a good and weird way, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun got closer too. They always got along but now their friendship was something a part from the fact that they were each other’s best friend’s boyfriend.

But of course in all that happy and fun mood there must be one thing wrong… and that was Donghae and Eunhyuk’s relationship of course. Donghae was distant and sometimes he could be cold too, but Eunhyuk figured that it was because he was stressed out and worried about Minha and Leeteuk being in the camp together. Eunhyuk wasn’t helping either… since what happened with Minha he had trouble facing Donghae properly and would often avoid him too. Eunhyuk didn’t know how he was supposed to act with Donghae anymore… He couldn’t treat him as his boyfriend, nor as friend, as he was always too close to give in and maybe be too close to the brunet. But that situation couldn’t keep on going like that… Eunhyuk decided that tonight he would talk to Donghae once they were back in their tents. And Minha… well they didn’t have time to talk about their kiss after it happened, but her behavior with him had definitely changed, as she was less skinship.

For this day, Sungmin had prepared a special program to celebrate the fact that they were at the mid of their vacation and still didn’t kill each other.

“So today we are doing a treasure hunt.” he said.

Everyone wondered whether it was a good idea or not, but in the end they accepted.

“What are we looking for?” Yesung asked.

“I took one precious thing from 6 of you. Now, with your designed partner, you have to follow this map and find it.”

“Wait… Why are you the one choosing with who we team up again?” Eunhyuk complained.

“I’m not. Kyu?”

His boyfriend came up to the middle of the group and held out a hat.

“Inside there’s everyone’s name.” Kyuhyun explained. “Sungmin won’t be participating since he was the one to hide everything, so we’ll have the perfect number of contestants.”

“But wait.” Yoochun interrupted. “How do you know that what you took is important for us? And how do we know what’s what and from who?”

“That’s part of the game. I put boxes all around the forest, in it you can find the precious thing or you can fall in a trap. You won’t know if the object you found is the one precious to someone or if it’s a fake.”

“That sounds very twisted…” Minha commented. “Doesn’t surprise me it’s Minnie’s idea.” she smiled.

 The boy smiled back at her, and everyone had a cold shiver at how creepy this scene was.

“Can you at least say from who you took the objects from?”

“Wouldn’t it be too easy?”

“Yes, because once you found it, you have to say to whom it belongs to.” Kyuhyun specified, then he turned to his boyfriend. “Minnie! The colors.”

“Oh yes, I almost forgot! Each group of two will choose a color route…”

“You’re saying there are different routes?” Rinha exclaimed. “That’s really turning into an impossible game…”

Eunhyuk sighed and nodded, agreeing. This game was turning into something too complicated.

“It’s easy!” Sungmin continue explaining. “Each route, define by a color on the map, will lead to a couple of boxes with objects in it. You have to choose the right box and bring it back. Each group has the right to bring only one box. Understood? And everything has to be done in less than 2 hours.”

They soon gave up the idea to try discussing the game rules with Sungmin, since it was a loss of time. They mainly got the idea and they would follow it from there. So they got down to picking the names on the hat to know who would be their partner. Eunhyuk got himself wishing that he wouldn’t be paired off with Minha or Donghae. The idea of being alone with either of them made him uncomfortable for now… he wanted to have a bit of fun before he had to go down to business into serious conversations with his boyfriend.  Destiny was kind enough to spare him. Actually the partner choices were quite surprising. Sungmin announced them.

“Ok, so: Yesung-hyung and Ryeowook. No surprise there…”

The two boys high fived, happy to be together. Seemed like even destiny didn’t dare to separate them.

“Junsu & Rinha.”

“The childhood friend’s team!” Rinha said, putting an arm around Junsu’s neck.

“Jiwon & Yoochun.”

Jiwon seemed annoyed by the choice, while Yoochun on the other hand seemed more than pleased. Siwon frowned not sure if he should say something or not, and in the end he chose to stay quiet.

“And for the last ones we have: Minha with Siwon, Eunhyuk with my Kyuhyunnie, and Donghae with Leeteuk-hyung.”

The odds were being too kind, Eunhyuk thought. He was a bit relieved he wasn’t with Minha nor Donghae but he wondered if his boyfriend alone with his brother was such a good idea. Donghae seemed to share the same concern as he threw a slightly worried look at Eunhyuk that smiled at him, trying to encourage him the best he could. On the other hand, Minha with Siwon was just perfect. For more that Eunhyuk said he didn’t like Siwon, he knew the guys was reliable and wouldn’t say unnecessary stuffs.

The teams set they all choose a color. Leeteuk and Donghae took the white route, Ryeowook and Yesung the purple one, Rinha and Junsu the green one, Jiwon and Yoochun the red one, Siwon and Minha the black on and Eunhyuk with Kyuhyun took the blue one.

“Just so you all know: if you win the game you’ll receive a special prize… if you don’t then you’ll have to run around the camp!”

“What’s that stupid rule?!!!!” they all exclaimed.

“Good luck everyone.” Sungmin said with an angelic smile.

Eunhyuk didn’t even have time to tell good luck to either Minha or Donghae that they were already gone.

“Shall we go hyung?” Kyuhyun said. “I would hate to lose at this stupid game.”

“I heard you!” Sungmin yelled behind him.

Almost running from the blond boy, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk entered the forest. The thin boy had entrusted the map to Kyuhyun that seemed to know what he was doing in following the blue route instructions. They were walking in silence, Kyuhyun strangely focus in what he was doing when soon they found the first box.

“Do you think it’s going to be as simple as the treasure is in the first box?” Eunhyuk said, jokingly.

“Probably not.”

Yeah, he also thought so. The boy opened the box and suddenly the boy found himself drenched in water.

“What the hell is that?!” Eunhyuk exclaimed, seeing his friend covered in water.

He looked at what was inside the box closely and realized that the “traps” that Sungmin was talking about were actually real one, and Kyuhyun just got sprayed with water.

“When I go back to camp I think I’ll have to have a talk with Sungmin.”

Eunhyuk started laughing at how serious Kyuhyun was right now. The brunet turned to him, frowning.

“That’s not funny!!!! Stop making fun of me hyung.”

“I’m not making fun of you, but seriously, you should’ve seen your surprised face! It’s was the best.”

“You open the next box, I would like to see what will be your reaction then!”

“Arasso, arasso, I’ll stop making fun!”

But unfortunately it took him a lot of effort and a bit of time to be able to stop laughing. Sungmin was really something. The two boys then continued their hunt. They talked of a bunch of things, laughing and enjoying the good weather. The 3 boxes they found next were all traps, but this time there was no water or other liquids thrown at them, just fake objects. Finally, over an hour later, Eunhyuk opened a box and he knew he found one of the treasures.

“He must be kidding me…”

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked, looking over his shoulder.

It was now Eunhyuk’s turn not to laugh or find that funny. Sungmin went too far away on this one. In front of the boy was a necklace… a dream catcher necklace. But this one wasn’t Eunhyuk’s, the color matched Donghae’s. Instinctively, the thin boy put a hand on his chest, searching for his own necklace, but it wasn’t there either. Right… After his shower last night he thought he had forgotten his necklace in the tent, but now he knew it was taken by his best friend.

“Isn’t that your necklace?”

“It’s Donghae’s…”

“That’s bad…”

Eunhyuk turned to Kyuhyun, throwing him a questioning look.

“Try explaining to everyone why this n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter