Hae's Dream - Love Hurts

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Donghae's Dream - (Hae's PoV)

It was only after 4 days that Kyuhyun finally woke up. It was an indescribable relief to see the boy opening his eyes and smile at them. Unfortunately, because of the trauma, the doctors said, the boy was unable to emit a sound and say anything. But that only lasted a few days. Kyuhyun’s parents came rushing back when they heard their son woke up and it was a mixture of tears and thankfulness. When Kyuhyun discovered that it was his father that didn’t let the doctors take away his singing voice, after he had opposed to it so many times, he was very touched. The bond between father and son had become undeniably stronger.  And even if Mr. Cho still didn’t quite approve his relationship with Sungmin, he at least tolerated it more.

All seemed like the good ending of a movie. The boy was saved by the grace of God and now everything was going to go back to normal. Or at least that’s what Donghae would’ve thought. But of course, like always in his life, things weren’t quite this simple. After he had that fight with Eunhyuk, he only saw the boy once when he came to visit Kyuhyun. They didn’t exchange a word, and not even a glance. The thin boy came, stayed a while then went home. Donghae was more worried that Sungmin or Kyuhyun would notice how cold it was between them, because he didn’t want them to worry, but by chance the both of them were too caught up with other things to notice. Donghae didn’t know how he felt… he was thorn up between feeling happy for his best friend’s survival and at the same time feeling sorry for himself. He heard that Rinha too got out of the hospital with just a few bruises. Everything was getting back to certain normality. They still had a few days of vacation, which was good since Kyuhyun wouldn’t be able to be discharged before a whole month, not that the boy really needed to go to school anyway. But at least Donghae and Sungmin could stay, keep him company for the time being. The day Rinha quitted the hospital, Donghae finally met his sister, which he hadn’t seen since the accident. Once Rin and Jaejoong went home, Minha and Donghae decided to have lunch at a restaurant not so far from the hospital as to spend some time together after so long.

“Gosh this food is good!!!!” the girl exclaimed. “I couldn’t take any more of this awful hospital food. It reminds me of when I stayed there for weeks before mom and dad found me.”

They were sitting at the restaurant, already filling their stomachs. Minha seemed to be in a good mood. Since her best friend was fine after almost dying, she had reasons to be. But Donghae couldn’t take her smile… He thought that seeing his twin wouldn’t bother him, after what he discovered about her and Eunhyuk. But it did bother him… more than he could’ve imagined. He knew it wasn’t her fault and he tried repeating himself that over and over again, but the image of them kissing wouldn’t leave his mind.

“You’re not eating?” she asked suddenly, realizing that the boy hadn’t touched his meal.

“I’m not that hungry…”

She stared at him, knowing very well that something was up, but he didn’t gave her satisfaction.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing… I guess I’m just tired…”

“You really do look exhausted. But I’m sure there’s something else bothering you.”

The boy made a huge effort to smile and denied it again. Then he changed the subject.

“I heard by Leeteuk-hyung that you saved him and Rinha by your unexpected good doctor’s skills.”

“This guy is so exaggerated…” she muttered, obviously talking about Leeteuk. “I didn’t save them, I just helped a bit.”

“How did you know what to do though?”

The girl seemed annoyed by the question, like if it had been asked to her a thousand of times and she was already tired of having to answer it.

“I don’t really know… I followed an impulsion.”

“Speaking Japanese and now that? You really were busy these past years.”

It was supposed to be a joke but Minha didn’t smile. Donghae realized he was being tactless.

“I’m sorry… It must be hard for you to not know where those skills come from.”

“It’s alright… At least I’m not that useless and actually know how to do something.”

“You were always very talented for everything.”

“Was…”

The boy didn’t add anything, seeing that Minha was obviously annoyed by something. But right now he was incapable of being curious about what was bothering her; he could only thing about asking her… asking her about what happened.

“Nana?”

“Yes?”

“I heard that things between you and Eunhyuk were good.”

She sighed.

“We haven’t talked or even met each other since the accident…  I don’t really think we can call it good. Even back at the camp we were a little distant.”

Donghae’s heart was beating fast with excitement. He felt guilty for being happy that she wasn’t getting along with Eunhyuk but at the same time it relieved him a lot. He hoped she couldn’t hear his heart, because it seemed so loud to him. Nonetheless he insisted.

“Before that, I heard that you two kissed?”

Minha frowned.

“Eunhyuk told you that?”

Not really wanting to enter in details, Donghae nodded.

“We kissed indeed… it was nothing much though…  I thought he was avoiding me and I confronted him about it, then after that I kissed him. But I feel as if he doesn’t want to abuse of the situation and is trying to go slow with me.”

Donghae let out a long sigh, unwillingly. Everything his sister was telling him was basically what Eunhyuk told him before. But having a confirmation was lifting his heart from a weight. That kiss couldn’t have been avoided anyway. And now he knew it.

“Why are you asking?”

“Just to know if everything is alright between you two.”

“When I see him again, someday I’ll tell you.”

Donghae couldn’t help to let out a laugh at his sister’s bitter answer. She wasn’t the kind of person to usually be bitter and he knew she was just sulking a bit. Suddenly Minha put a hand on his.

“I’m glad we could get together today. I feel we barely see each other anymore. Seems like I barely see any of you anymore.”

He squeezed her hand back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter