Hyuk’s Dream - After the cold

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

A bit… Maybe just a little bit more, it couldn’t hurt. The thin boy closed the fridge and put away the vanilla ice cream. He had a whole bowl full.

“You’re planning on taking a few pounds or it’s just for the fun of stealing from my fridge, that you’re taking this amount of ice cream?

His mother looked at his bowl falsely angry.

“I just wanted to eat ice cream, that's all.” he simply replied.

Eunhyuk sat down on the sofa in front of the TV and started zapping to find a stupid program that could make him pass time. His mother sat in the chair beside him.

“You're kidding me, right?! You look like a girl! It’s a girl’s thing to be depressed with a big bowl of ice cream and a good romantic movie!”

“You mean that boys don’t have the right to depress with some ice cream?”

“Nope they don’t! They are always the ones guilty anyway. And when it’s not the case, they don’t depress.”

“Can I eat chocolate instead then?”

His mother laughed. She was glad to see that her son still had at least his sense of humor. But it was sad to see him like this. She hadn’t seen or heard about Donghae in a while so she bet her son’s state had something to do with him. It always had something to do with Donghae anyway… She was curious to know what happened but she knew her son wasn’t well enough to talk about it. So she was trying by all means to change his mind and cheer him up.

“Hey, do you want to do something, only the two of us? We can eat pancakes or go to the movies. What do you think?”

“I think your efforts to make me think of something else is useless.” he said, laughing.

He had a sad laugh. He had no desire to laugh, yet it came out like this. Eunhyuk would usually hide his emotions and moods pretty well, but this time he knew his face couldn’t pretend anything. His mother was worried about him, it was normal, and he felt guilty about it. He didn’t want to go out or spend time with anyone, just stay here with his bowl of ice cream and listen with a distant ear the TV, was enough for him.

“Well, don’t you want to invite Junsu-ah? You can both, play video games, hang out or do whatever you kids do these days. Or maybe Sungmin-ah?”

“Mom! I'm fine, I don’t really want to see anyone right now.”

At the same moment he said that, someone knocked at the door.

“Looks like people don’t want to leave you alone.”

Mrs Lee got up and opened the door. She was surprised to see a young dark haired boy quite tall and very muscular panting before her. The boy didn’t even need to ask, that she was already making way to let him in. The boy bowed, greeting her, and the mom understood it was time for her to get out of the way.

“He is in the living room.” she said pointing to that direction.

The boy bowed again and went there. Eunhyuk turned around and was extremely surprised when he saw Siwon walking in. Eunhyuk got on his feet as soon as he saw the boy. His mother, who had, as always, understood the situation, vanished quickly.

“I’ll let you two boys talk.”

When she was gone, the two boys stared at each other.

“What are you doing here?” asked Eunhyuk, coldly.

“I wanted to talk to you...”

“Last time you did, you made me fight with my boyfriend! Give me a reason to listen to you!”

“Because, I came voluntarily.”

“Ugh... as if it was a valid reason!”

Eunhyuk fell back on the couch and took his bowl of ice cream while setting the TV screen, ignoring the other boy completely. Siwon approached with caution and sat on a chair next to the thin boy.

“Listen… you have to stop with that misplaced jealousy, there is nothing going on between Donghae and I. Why can’t you believe him?”

“Maybe because, he already lied to me, many times?”

“Come on…! That’s not it. There’s something else behind it, isn’t it?”

Eunhyuk didn’t answer and continued to stare at the screen while eating, as if nothing had happened.

“Why did you come here for, Siwon?”

“Because I’m the only one you’re going to listen to.”

Eunhyuk let out a sarcastic laugher, knowing very well that wasn’t going to happen.

“I know that you and I don’t really like each other but we actually might have a lot in common.”

“Because we love the same guy?”

“Because we care for him.” Siwon said. “I was living my life in peace, thinking that things would never change. That’s when Donghae appeared in my life. I was fascinated by him, bewitched by that boy that came out of all standards and all rules. It was a challenge I wanted to take. And he helped me in some many ways…”

“Please spare me your love confession about my boyfriend. I think I already had enough of it a few years ago.” Eunhyuk cut him.

But Siwon ignored him and continued.

“But his heart was taken;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter