Minha's Dream - Day by Day

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minha's Dream - (Min's PoV)

The girl hesitated only for a moment before going into the room. Minha knew she shouldn’t be here, but she needed to know... Everything was dark and silent, and it had this weird smell, that she couldn’t quite figure out what it was.

The girl hurriedly went to the large wooden desk to search for what she came for and get out of this place as soon as possible. She didn’t want to spend more time than needed here. Then suddenly she heard footsteps on the stairs coming that way. Panicked, she did the only thing that came to mind even if it was stupid. She hid in the large closet, holding the doors nervously in front of her. And she was right…

A few seconds later, “he” and someone else came into the room in great discussion. By the small cracks of the closet door, the girl could see a bit of what was happening in the room, even if she couldn’t quite distinguish the conversation. At that moment she felt really stupid. Why was she hiding in the first place? It’s not like “he” would hurt her if she was ever found in his office. But something told her it was better to hide, it was almost instinctive. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, she finally could identify that weird smell that adorned the room. It smelled like death…

Screams and sounds of struggle were heard on the other side of the door. Surprised, the dark haired girl put a hand on to stop her screams of terror to come out. She couldn’t see what was happening on the other side but she was terrified. Scared, she was unable to move, or to speak, and she realized she had stop breathing. He couldn’t find her here, if he did, she was… she would be… dead…

The door of the closet opened in a fly!

***

Bip… bip… bip… It was the sound of her alarm clock that finally woke Minha up from her dream. She opened her eyes on her room back at the dorm. The girl stayed still for a moment trying to catch her breath and fix her dream in her memory. It’s been a while now that she was having those dreams that seemed more like memories of another life than a figment of her imagination. But well she couldn’t be sure of anything, the only thing she was sure was that they were becoming more and more violent. The dark haired girl tried to shake off that terrifying feeling that lingered from her dream, she got up slowly and turned to her roommate. She cracked a smile seeing Rinha sleeping her legs half out of the bed. This girl was really cute and funny. Minha then went to her and shook her softly.

“Rin…” the other girl moaned but didn’t opened her eyes. “First call! I’m going to take a shower.”

Rinha made an evasive move of the hand and then turned away. Minha smiled, shaking her head, and went to the bathroom. It’s been a while now that Rinha and Minha were living as roommates and the two girls got along pretty quickly. Also they were starting to know how each other worked. Rinha had a lot of trouble getting up in the morning, which wasn’t a problem for Minha, so the girl would wake the blond girl partially a bunch of times to prepare her for to get up. And for now it worked out pretty well. The girl was under her shower and she got lost in her thoughts. Flashes of her past dreams came back and she was trying desperately to fit the puzzle together, trying to make some sense out of it. But for now it only seemed like random memories. And… She couldn’t shake up the fact that they told her she forgot things from before her accident. She was certain of things like, Donghae was her twin, who where her parents, in which school she went, how she met Eunhyuk for the first time and the fact they couldn’t stand each other… but after that everything was a bit blurry… She couldn’t remember exactly how they got together and what they lived together, she only remembered that she cared a lot for him and still did. Almost exactly 15 min later the girl was showered and dressed. She went again to Rinha and shook her with a bit more strength.

“Hey sleepy head! I’m done now it’s your turn. Now wake up!”

But the other girl didn’t move. Minha shook her over and over again, and even took away her blanket but Rinha just turned away, and groaning. Suddenly Minha heard a few knocks on the door and told the person to come in. Jiwon passed her on the door.

“Ah perfect timing! Come help me wake this big panda up.”

Jiwon came in and with her usual impassive face she just started tickling Rinha’s feet. At first there was no reaction and then progressively the girl started moving and then laughing, until she finally sat on her bed.

“OK! I’m awake, STOP!”

 Minha turned to Jiwon smiling proudly.

“As I thought, Wonnie is the best!”

“You welcome, unnie.”

“You two are monsters!” Rinha complained.

“It’s for your own good. Now get up and go get ready.”

Mumbling about how unfair it was to wake students that early in the morning, Rinha went to the bathroom, leaving Jiwon and Minha alone in the room. Every morning it was the same routine, Jiwon would come fetch them up and they would go to class together, since they were in the same major, even if Rinha was a year above them. But before, they would pass by the boy’s dorms to get Donghae and Eunhyuk, moment that Minha always waited impatiently, happy to see her boyfriend and brother every morning. The girl was preparing her bag, while Jiwon did Rinha’s bed and sat on it.

“Did you sleep well, Jiwon?”

“I did, how about you, unnie?”

“My nightmares are takin a lot of my energy...”

“What was it today?”

Minha told Jiwon about her dream and the girl nodded absent mindedly.

“I just notice that in each of your dreams you have that mysterious boy with you.” Jiwon commented.

 Now that she said it Minha realized that she was right. Every time there was a person in her dreams that she was incapable of seeing his face, but she knew it was the same person each time. The dark haired girl sat on her bed to face Jiwon.

“Do you think it’s only my imagination? That I’m creating something to fill my empty memories of those past 4 years? Even if I don’t know why I would create such terrifying situations…”

“Or maybe it’s your unconscious trying to tell you something. You don’t have your memories when you’re awake because you put a barrier on it to protect yourself but when you sleep it’s easier to access that barrier.”

“Seriously, are you in Literature or Psychology major?” Rinha exclaimed, coming back from the bathroom.

“You were quick!”

Rinha ignored her and started filling her bag with books too.

“Anyway, this night you sleep walked.”

“I did?” Minha exclaimed, surprised.

“You didn’t go far though. I woke up to get a glass of water and you were at your desk drawing something. At first I thought you were awake but then I noticed you had your eyes closed, that’s when I understood you were probably sleepwalking.”

“I never heard about people writing things while sleepwalking.”

“I did. It’s called body’s memory, you do things that your mind maybe doesn’t remember but your body does.” Jiwon explained

“How the hell do you know all that?!” Rinha asked.

“I read a lot…”

“Ok, so my mind is trying to tell me something with those dreams and my body by drawing something. Awesome…” Minha said sarcastically.

Why couldn’t she just be normal like everybody else? No she had to be the crazy one of the gang, with mental issues. Minha got up and went to her desk to see the drawing she did in her sleep. It was strange…

“So what is it?” Rinha asked, curious.

The girl showed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter