Minha's Dream - Camp Fire

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Minha's Dream - (Min's PoV)

A warehouse. The smell of iron and salt water. The image of a brownish orange haired boy mixed up with the ones of a blond young man. Fear… Confusion… The clicking tone of keys smashing into each other. And water… tones of water. That’s the only thing Minha remembered while waking up in her tent. Opening her eyes, it took her a moment to remember that she wasn’t back at the dorms, but currently camping with her friends. She the side to see a blond girl sleeping, half open, snoring quietly. The girl smiled. Rinha’s snoring had a calming effect on her; it made her feel safe, because she wasn’t alone. The dark haired girl looked at the time, it was rather early, but she knew she would be incapable of falling back asleep. Like every morning then, she took her notebook and started concealing everything she could remember from her dream. More than images, she would wake up with certain feelings, memories of sounds and even sometimes, smells. So she took the habit of writing everything down, then maybe at some point it will start making some sense.

Once she was done, she was incapable of staying in the tent, it was too hot. Because it was summer, the weather was getting warmer and warmer, and the morning sun was the worse on the tent, turning it into a sauna. She really wondered how Rinha was able to sleep through this. She decided then to go take a shower, at this time no one should be up, so she would have a welcomed peace. Minha grabbed her bath things, towel and change of clothes, then went to the showers. When she went out of the tent she could see the whole camp still sleeping soundlessly, it was really peaceful.

Not far away from the camp site, there was a place with shower cabins. Of course it was a mixed shower place so there wasn’t much privacy, so they had set shower times, so the girls wouldn’t be there at the same time as the boys. Ten minutes later the girl arrived, and making sure there was no one, settled everything to take her shower. It was quiet, very quiet, and Minha had to admit she was a bit afraid of the silence, so she set up her phone and put up some music. But she only listened to the music halfheartedly, too lost in her thoughts. Her dreams bothered her of course. She wasn’t able to tell the difference between fantasy and actual memories. And even more, the bits of her dreams meant less and less to her, but she was sure of one thing, she was bit by bit getting her memory back. And now one other thing bothered her… Leeteuk. Since he arrived she was a mess. For an unknown reason she was nervous around him. Well, no, she knew the reason actually. What he suggested last time was still lingering in her mind. And the fact of not knowing what really happened killed her. Did she break up Eunhyuk for Leeteuk? But then Eunhyuk would’ve told her, wouldn’t he? Or maybe it was an unrequired love, and Leeteuk was the only one to feel that way. And the last hypothesis would be… no, that couldn’t be! She would never cheat on Eunhyuk with his brother. But still, she had that feeling that she did indeed know him. Somethings were familiar about him, his actions and even his words. And she had confirmation of that after the other night… When everyone was telling their stories about previous camp experiences, she had a memory, like blurry images flashing before her eyes, but not really sure it were actual memories. When she told them, Leeteuk’s eyes… His expression… It was as if they had told him he had won at the lottery. And that scared her… She was scared of regaining her memories and finding out what a terrible person she was. She was scared of her own feelings. Especially after the hug… when he hugged her, why did she let him do it? And why did she feel so good in his arms?

Minha suddenly heard people talking and coming in her direction. She turned off the water and went out of the shower to get dressed quickly. A few seconds later she saw Jiwon and Siwon coming in the shower cabins. Jiwon was surprised to see her there.

“Oh! Morning unnie. You’re up early.”

“I couldn’t sleep more in that heat.” she said.

“True, it’s too hot to stay inside a tent.” Siwon added.

“You two are up early too.”

“Since we were kids we would always wake up early and at the same time.” Siwon explained. “It’s like we have a sibling alarm clock bond.”

“What the hell, oppa?!” Jiwon turned to him surprised. “Don’t say such weird things!”

 “And don’t curse!”

They then started bickering around, gently. Minha laughed, because she knew Jiwon was only being embarrassed by her brother’s attention and she didn’t know how to deal with it. It was cute to see the two sibling’s interactions, made her miss her own brother. The girl left the two siblings and went back to the camp.

The day passed as every other day, they spent time together, had fun, laughed and talked. But Minha made sure to stay away from Leeteuk, even if she could always feel his eyes on her. Rinha on the other hand made her day’s purpose to get revenge on Sungmin for the treasure hunt day when she ended up with flour all over her.

“It took me HOURS to try removing everything from my hair! I’m sure I still have some…” she complained to Minha.

And she being a proud Kim, she succeeded in her revenge by pranking Sungmin with a fake snake in his tent. Minha didn’t know how Sungmin could’ve fallen for such a childish trick, but the only thing that mattered was that Rinha was satisfied with it now.

Soon the night came and as they usually did, they were all around the camp fire talking and sharing stories. For once the boys excused themselves and went to sleep early. Minha wasn’t tired… she knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep just yet, so she lingered next to the fire, and of course her ever so loyal best friend Rinha stayed with her. Making sure it was only the two of them, Minha took this opportunity to tell Rinha about what happened these past days, which she didn’t have time to do yet.

“I understand why you’re keeping your distances with Leeteuk-oppa, but I think you’re being distant with everyone else too…”

“You noticed?” Minha asked surprised.

Rinha nodded.

“Well… that’s something else… We kissed…”

“You and Hyukjae?!”

“Yes…”

“And so?!!! How was it?” the blond girl asked, all excited.

“It was fine… I guess…”

“What do you mean you guess? You kiss for the first time after 5 years and that’s all you have to say?!”

“I know, I know! I feel selfish right now since I have everything I ever wanted. I mean I have my life back, my family back and even my boyfriend back…”

“So what’s the problem?”

The girl stayed silent for a moment before voicing her fears.

“I don’t know… there’s something that doesn’t match up. I keep having these weird feelings about Eunhyuk.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t feel the same about Eunhyuk.”

“I think i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter